What Type Of Access Do Patients Want?

Exactly. You can't have it both ways. That's the handwriting on the wall. If the dispensary bill passes then there is a HUGE chance that some patients will not be able to grow where they live. It's worse than a coin flip. I don't want to have the choice between moving to be able to grow, or having to go to dispensary. Where I live, the township may or may not zone out growing in a residential area. In some areas patient grows WILL BE zoned out. I wouldn't put a single patient in the position to lose the grow they love. But the dispensary advocates believe this is a fair trade, or they don't even understand what they are doing. I think they couldn't give a rip about who they flog to get their pot stores. That's what their actions show us.

the zoning isn't going to change because of this proposed legislation rest.

they already have been banning caregivers and home grows

my community and many along Lake Huron have ALREADY PASSED ordinances prohibiting caregivers and some even patients from growing in residential neighborhoods.

they will not stop trying to change this law

no matter what we do

no matter what we say

no matter how we feel

there is money to be made... a lot of money... a whole lot...

they will be after it.

hell i even wouldn't mind getting some of it...and what is wrong with that?

everything... and nothing both equally.

we all have to get used to it... this is only the beginning... the legislative and monetary attacks will be coming forever.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the zoning isn't going to change because of this proposed legislation rest.

they already have been banning caregivers and home grows

my community and many along Lake Huron have ALREADY PASSED ordinances prohibiting caregivers and some even patients from growing in residential neighborhoods.

they will not stop trying to change this law

no matter what we do

no matter what we say

no matter how we feel

there is money to be made... a lot of money... a whole lot...

they will be after it.

hell i even wouldn't mind getting some of it...and what is wrong with that?

everything... and nothing both equally.

we all have to get used to it... this is only the beginning... the legislative and monetary attacks will be coming forever.

And you know by now that I'm MMMA member number 7. The 7th person in Michigan to get here and fight. I will be here for each and every attack, fighting for patient's rights. I will not sell one single patient's grow rights for money. You can get on the money train John, and I will fight you just as hard as I will fight anyone else who sells out one single patient because that's what matters to me. I can imagine the pain felt by having your grow rights taken because someone else wanted to make some dough. They might just lie down and die. When things get tough I thrive. You aint seen nothing yet.

is wyoming, mi going to appeal that wyoming case that tried to ordinance out grows?

which iirc got stopped in CoA ?

They can't, I don't think. The Wyoming ordinance went against state law and they don't have the legal authority to do so. Only the state legislature can do that by changing the law.

For the same reason the Port Huron ban on growing in unenforcable.

And you know by now that I'm MMMA member number 7. The 7th person in Michigan to get here and fight. I will be here for each and every attack, fighting for patient's rights. I will not sell one single patient's grow rights for money. You can get on the money train John, and I will fight you just as hard as I will fight anyone else who sells out one single patient because that's what matters to me. I can imagine the pain felt by having your grow rights taken because someone else wanted to make some dough. They might just lie down and die. When things get tough I thrive. You aint seen nothing yet.

agreed rest..

you will not have to fight me.

we are aligned along the same path to an end...

my only point was to say.. the local communities are already banning caregivers... and even home grows in many communities.

They can't, I don't think. The Wyoming ordinance went against state law and they don't have the legal authority to do so. Only the state legislature can do that by changing the law.

Right. What the legislature is working on right now, with the pot shop bill, would give local authorities, 'The Idea' that they can do whatever they want with home grows. It may turn out that they can't. But in the mean time, they hassle the heck out of us with 'The Idea'. This zoning could take years to overcome in court. In the mean time, some will not be able to grow for themselves simply because of where they live. The pot shop bill enables local authoriites. We definitely don't want that. Make them follow State Law and allow every patient to legally grow for themselves, no matter where they live in Michigan.

agreed rest..

my only point was to say.. the local communities are already banning caregivers... and even home grows in many communities.

They can't enforce those bans, the Wyoming case already proved that.

maybe they shouldn't be...

but they are, have been and did.

Oscoda township ordinance bans caregivers from all zones except industrial and B3..

is it enforceable?

yes right now it is.

it will have to be tested in court.

agreed rest..

The pot shop bill gives these zealot local communities seemingly solid ground to stand on because they will have a mandate from the legislature to regulate grows. It's probably not legal, but who wants to go through many years of waiting for the Supreme Court to give you back your grow rights? In the mean time, the pot shops clean up because of their monopolies. Then they will have so much power and money we can't fight them. Fight them now while we have a chance to get out of this without too much damage.

The pot shop bill gives these zealot local communities seemingly solid ground to stand on because they will have a mandate from the legislature to regulate grows. It's probably not legal, but who wants to go through many years of waiting for the Supreme Court to give you back your grow rights? In the mean time, the pot shops clean up because of their monopolies. Then they will have so much power and money we can't fight them. Fight them now while we have a chance to get out of this without too much damage.

agreed.

and so we are clear

i don't support this legislation..

i support farmers markets

cg to p only.

no middle man.

so probably never going to get on board with changes...

but i am a realist

they will continue to attack our system...

legislators get paid big money to spend their days writing new laws...

maybe they shouldn't be...

but they are, have been and did.

Oscoda township ordinance bans caregivers from all zones except industrial and B3..

is it enforceable?

yes right now it is.

it will have to be tested in court.

Does it ban CGs or commercial grow operations? How does it define what a CG is and what a commercial operation is? We've had similiar ordinances passed here too. None are enforcable as I see them, because of the Wyoming ruling.

A city/town/village cannot take away a right that was granted by the state, period. They don't have the authority to go against state law. The Wyoming decision said that local governments only get their authority through the state. They are not an agent of the federal government and as such cannot enforce federal law. It's all pretty cut and dry and you probably learned this in a middle school civics class. Most of us just weren't paying attention to that boring class.

They will lose. They have no authority to do any of that.

i know that...

even went to many township meetings to try to stop them.

they used the "white paper"

and wrote zoning along the guidelines..

passed it..

and are enforcing it.

in the end..they will loose i am sure.. but some are getting ground up in the process.

Well, that's the big problem with the bill as it stands right now, I guess. It will give locals the authority to ban in their jurisdiction, something they cannot do right now.

Does it ban CGs or commercial grow operations? How does it define what a CG is and what a commercial operation is? We've had similiar ordinances passed here too. None are enforcable as I see them, because of the Wyoming ruling.

A city/town/village cannot take away a right that was granted by the state, period. They don't have the authority to go against state law. The Wyoming decision said that local governments only get their authority through the state. They are not an agent of the federal government and as such cannot enforce federal law. It's all pretty cut and dry and you probably learned this in a middle school civics class. Most of us just weren't paying attention to that boring class.

thats true cell

i have a copy somewhere in my information file... of the ordinance...

they said

caregivers. period. no definition of any operation i think...

but they passed it.

and it is law right now in this township until it is challenged and overturned then removed from the books... or allowed to wither away...

Well, that's the big problem with the bill as it stands right now, I guess. It will give locals the authority to ban in their jurisdiction, something they cannot do right now.

how would this law affect the MMMA unless it has a 75% majority and changed the act itself..

section 4 would allow a defense from any new legislation as well wouldn't it?

this law is no more enforceable against a caregiver than a local zoning law is is it?

how would this law affect the MMMA unless it has a 75% majority and changed the act itself..

section 4 would allow a defense from any new legislation as well wouldn't it?

this law is no more enforceable against a caregiver than a local zoning law is is it?

It would take years of waiting and working to prove that the changes the legislature made were illegal. Years and years of not being able to grow because of zoning. There are many times you can be illegally screwed but screwed just the same. Like the person who finally gets let out of prison because of new DNA, you still got ruined, and nothing after the fact will bring it right.

thats true cell

i have a copy somewhere in my information file... of the ordinance...

they said

caregivers. period. no definition of any operation i think...

but they passed it.

and it is law right now in this township until it is challenged and overturned then removed from the books... or allowed to wither away...

You can also expect the penalties for going against this zoning to increase to the point of possible jail time if the legislature gives them their mandate.

To clarify, 4271 gives local government authority to regulate/ban commercial operations only.

There is no authority granted that will permit regulation of individual caregiver and patient grows.

agreed rest

it Is happening right here in my county.

no caregivers allowed in residential zones.

i have to recommend to new people that they follow the current zoning if they are not established and grandfathered in..or they may be subjected to penalties...

it sucks

what do we do?

we watch the legislators...

and what do they do?

pass bills behind closed doors at 0420.

its not a fair or balanced playing field..

thank you restorium for all your hard work... you should be commended for your continuous effort to watch the process and bring to light unsatisfactory positions.

OPTIONS as a pts this is what i desire. My meds are grown, just like an ear of corn. that ear of corn can fail, but i wont die, i can go to a farmers market. while there i meet other farmers i learn a lot....i always get great prices, i get to look at the corn etc. its lovely. As a pt NO ONE should be forced to deal with a farmer....bunny muffin happens. no need to suffer because the gods brought down the plagues. greed is the only cause to limit my options. No disp, no need. compassion clubs with connected farmers markets.