What Type Of Access Do Patients Want?

SFC

So your argument boils down to some people think they can make money? Powerful.

If a PC type bill passes it seems you are advocating that there will be at least 2 certain outcomes.

1. Patients will lose their grow rights.

2. It does not matter what we do.

If that is the case then nothing matters they will get what they want regardless. So are you suggesting that patient growing is already doomed and everyone should just be quiet and enjoy it while they can. I believe that this law will be tampered with and added onto indefinitely, whether by statue or ruling. Is there any other law quite this radical that has been passed and then left alone. I cant think of any. Change will happen, we should try and control it as we see fit.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^looks like a lot more support than previously mentioned

one word----REGULATION

so my guess is the provision center backers are willing to give up individual rights for ..."REGULATION"--tax and regulate

so many urban/residential areas will be the ones regulated and designated where and how transactions can occur

The bill as introduced explicitly states that the MMMA is the controlling document. So grow rights are still protected.

It gives municipalities the ability to chose to license and regulate, or to do nothing and allow them or not. Same with testing centers. Some communities will not allow a PC, some will. Local mayors and city counsel members seem to be a much easier audience to get to understand what the community wants. If a village wants to allow a dispensary without any regulation then they may do so. If a city major wants to regulate so heavily that no one opens one up there then they may do that as well. I like the introduced bill so far. It allows patients and caregivers to sell overages(not more then what they are allowed to possess in 1 transaction) and allows other PC's to acquire potentially unlimited amounts from another PC.(all within the discretion of the local community.) They can mandate testing if they want and provides protections for voluntary testing. Every community may choose how they want to implement it. Choice.

Edited by OG Fire Beaster

the zoning isn't going to change because of this proposed legislation rest.

they already have been banning caregivers and home grows

my community and many along Lake Huron have ALREADY PASSED ordinances prohibiting caregivers and some even patients from growing in residential neighborhoods.

they will not stop trying to change this law

no matter what we do

no matter what we say

no matter how we feel

there is money to be made... a lot of money... a whole lot...

they will be after it.

hell i even wouldn't mind getting some of it...and what is wrong with that?

everything... and nothing both equally.

we all have to get used to it... this is only the beginning... the legislative and monetary attacks will be coming forever.

Than why give them the vehicle to drive those ridiculous restrictions in place?

Put down a nice new carpet and turn the radio on for them to drive pt/cg restrictions right down our throat?

heh.

Everyone wants evertything. This is kinda a silly discussion.

We want the world and we want it now.

Fact is, there is a law. The law is the law. Dispensaries were said to be "illegal"(add phrase ya prefer) and now they will do wtvr it takes to get their law. Anything.

How about lets cut out all testing from this bill. That would be a good start. This is about access for patients right? Well, no testing. Remove it from the bill.

:-)

I would support that.

Anyone else against mandatory testing of cannabis?

Anyhow, the law is the law and ya best learn to live within it or else ya will end up like Bob or kingpinn.

I'll ask again....I thought they can't 'tax' medicine...?

just the sales...?

mandatory testing..??....pffft!

lots of players trying to ca$h in on this--

there was post in another forum said Muskegon is requiring 30$licensing fees for pts--?

yes the law that is in place is a very good start and should be built on.....not completely turned upside down--and changed

I oppose any other changes...but I fear that means nothing

if you want to deal weed there is a CG-5pts model in place allready that could be expanded on in very creative ways-

The bill as introduced explicitly states that the MMMA is the controlling document. So grow rights are still protected.

(2) Except for the Michigan medical marihuana act, all other

6 acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to

7 the use of medical marihuana as provided for by this act.

I do not agree that these ordinances were born out of a desire to regulate dispensaries. 2 counties in my area tried to ban home grows, and there were no dispensaries in these counts.

Sorry, maybe I understood the hypothetical differently from you. I took it as the lab owner was analogous to a caregiver or patient.

Ya know, the Michigan State Police have a great testing lab they have been trying to get new contracts for. I think dispensaries should all have to get their marijuana tested at the MSP crime lab. That way it is ll in place, consistant and well controlled.

Do you not think this is a possibility?

People should really listen to what those of us who actually talk and deal with legislators and what they are thinking. Not what some dreamy dispensary owner thinks about the bill he/she wrote.

Seems some are living in fantasy land and think they can get or deserve everything they want.

I'll ask again....I thought they can't 'tax' medicine...?

just the sales...?

mandatory testing..??....pffft!

lots of players trying to ca$h in on this--

there was post in another forum said Muskegon is requiring 30$licensing fees for pts--?

yes the law that is in place is a very good start and should be built on.....not completely turned upside down--and changed

I oppose any other changes...but I fear that means nothing

if you want to deal weed there is a CG-5pts model in place allready that could be expanded on in very creative ways-

I dont agree with you. This does not change the MMMA. I will repeat that. This does not change the MMMA.

With this law a PC could do a variety of breeding projects that a pt or cg might not be able to do with their plant counts.

A PC could offer a service of crossing and mixing current patients strains. There is a lot of good things that this could potentially allow.

Ya know, the Michigan State Police have a great testing lab they have been trying to get new contracts for. I think dispensaries should all have to get their marijuana tested at the MSP crime lab. That way it is ll in place, consistant and well controlled.

Do you not think this is a possibility?

People should really listen to what those of us who actually talk and deal with legislators and what they are thinking. Not what some dreamy dispensary owner thinks about the bill he/she wrote.

Seems some are living in fantasy land and think they can get or deserve everything they want.

If a local community told a PC that they must have their meds tested by MSP I would imagine that they would not operate in that community and the people of it would hold their elected officials accountable.

This bill turns the issue from a one size fits all approach to a small local approach. The people will decide with their feet and wallets. It will be ok Mal, it really will.

Mal

The bill doesn't require mandatory testing. It is at the discretion of the community. It does allow a safe way for people to have their own personal testing done however.

I may have not understood what you are saying.

I think your biggest mistake is to think this bill means anything at this point. It is not about what the dispensary guy/gal wrote, which is this bill, it matters what the legislators have said they will do to it.

Like children playing in the grass. Clueless.

I think your biggest mistake is to think this bill means anything at this point. It is not about what the dispensary guy/gal wrote, which is this bill, it matters what the legislators have said they will do to it.

Your are right.

I remember reading a couple times how butchered this bill would be before it was even introduced. Looks like it was introduced without any significant change that I could see. The most important aspect is that it still states that the MMMA is the controlling document. Pt rights are protected at this point. I do not know what will happen but I will do all that I can to ensure that it stays this way.

A bill to regulate medical marihuana provisioning centers and

other related entities

Yes. Such as a delivery service, a compassion club, a farmers market, a genetic repository, breeding for hire, testing services, and other related entities. The MMMA is dominant over this. Whatever protections Sec 4 and Sec 8 offer to the MMMA Cg/Pt model are still there.

we are supposed to do exactly what we are doing.

trying to hold them accountable.

we watch and we get people talking about it.

that's what an internet forum is for.

to inspire people to discuss the ramifications and get the message out there...

whats the message?

they introduced legislation

again.

and they will again when this one is over.

it is only the beginning.

read. call, send letters, get folks talking about it.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

Do you have financial interest in this bill Firebeaster?

Just wondering. Plan on opening up soon?

Anyhow, the bill as introduced means nothing. Have you even discussed with any legislators who have actual power what their feelings are about this and what is intended to be done to it by MSP, MTA, MML, AG, PAAM etc etc etc?

Any consi8deration by you or discussion to see where this is actually going?

yes... the legislators are..

I am not speaking of the legislators. They know what they want or don't want and are told what to do.

Children playing int he grass are the people that see this as fluffy clouds and unicorns and getting everything you want in a world that does not operate that way.

The people in power are not interested in our childhood games and watching illegal pot sellers run around with their ill gotten gains to get what they want; commercial.

It is not a game and just because some stoner in Detroit and some chick in DC wrote a bill that you think ya like, means NOTHING. Zero!

What do those in power want? What does leadership want?

Did even one leadership person sign onto this bill?

Have you soken with the legislators and the people who influence the law as written?

Or are you just speakin out your butt about what ya want, what you think and what you have no real clue about?

Mal

I do not have any specific financial interest in this. I know people that do. I think that additional revenues can help local communities. I believe that auxiliary businesses will open and provide jobs. I like to give my Pts free meds and still pay for my time and cost. I wouldn't mind working in a buisness related to something that I am passionate about. I have the same financial interests as anybody else that is alive. To provide for myself and take care of my loved ones.

I do all the research I can and speak to many people. I keep my anonymity as intact as I possibly can. I don't share my conversations with anybody outside of the conversation. I respect the confidence that I am entrusted with. I write letters/emails and try to contribute where I can. I don't have any interest in peoples opinions that I already know. It Should be no surprise what vocal opponents of anything related to marijuana want.

well prior to 09 i have never heard people openly talking about cannabis in line at the grocery store.

just recently i overheard a little old lady.

she is a cancer survivor..

her and a friend were discussing using cannabis if they ever faced cancer again.

we stay vigilant because we must.

the problem as i see it is.. none of the solutions work.

not CPU's

not Joe cains

not protests...

i dont know what works. i am man enough to admit the complexities of politics are beyond my capability of understanding.

how can a person lie to my face and smile at the same time?

how can a person tell me one thing and then do something absolutely different?

how can they vote a bill dead... then revive it and revote it and pass it less than 12 hours later?

there is no stopping this political machine.

there is only pulling your children out of the way as it rolls over everything it sets its sights on.... and its sights are on dispensaries.

scary.

the machine.