Post Your Personal Section 4 Successes Here

Are you talking security of plants or security of usable medicine? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that usable meds don't have to be locked up.

If you are just a patient and you can touch more than 2.5 ounces, they see this as going against section 4 of the Act, and it can bump you over to having to use section 8, costing you upwards of $15,000 for attorney fees.

Ok I think I had 3 sec 4. maybe 5 lol!  First let me say I was quite excited to get my card and I most def showed more people than I should have. now I dont tell any one and have even said no im not a pt or a c.g!

First contact with leo, dnr officer walked up on me burning one under my camper canaopy (scared the poop out of me) he asked to search my camper I told him no, im a legal mm pt and im just medicating out here minding my own biz, (i was on state land with a camping permit) he asked to see my card, I showed him and my i.d and off he went and I didnt see him the rest of the 2 wks I was there, but I was watching lol.

second time, I was camping in roscomon county on state land with a permit, we had a lil to do with the only other people out there, po po was called by the other couple, leo comes tells us to put our fires out and call it a nite, and they say if they have to come back some one is going to jail!.........The other couple called them back and said we threatened to shoot them with a hand gun! I dont own a hand gun yet. so leo comes back,(im unaware they are back) I got out to start my generator in my pj's and I get lit up like a christmas tree and get gang tackled by no less than 10 cops with guns out!!! my ole lady goes nuts on them lol and we both go to jail, we get charged with disturbing the peace, possesion of black tar heroin (it was bho in lil vials that I was gonna clean out and reuse) and possesion of mj I had a 1/4 maybe and they took my .22 rifle out of my camper closet, it was loaded and ready to use!  we bond out the next morning which was sat, I go to the po po station on monday and get my gun back and see my charges!  when the prosecutor seen I was a carded pt they dropped the mj charges and herion charges, becuase when it came back it was pos for mj! no court on the mm!

sorry this was the second or third time not sure, im getting old lmao!

I was at the soaring eagle hotel with my ole lady. we hung out in the dancing lounge for a few hrs, my ole lady started bugging people, I was trying to get her to come back to the room and she wanted to stay so I left her arse their,  I went up to the room I pack a bowl for my vape Im smoking away on it, I hear the card unlocking the door so I figure its my ole lady, im hitting my vape and in comes 4 cops and my ole lady, I had the vape in my mouth when they walked in, talk about getting caught red handed lol......they ask me what im doing, I say im doing my medicine, they ask me if I have a card, I show them with i.d, they took the drunk ole lady and left me alone!

and the 4th time and hopefuly the last!

I became legal while I was in alpena county jail doing 20 days for probation violation, as soon as I got out I copied all of my paper work sent it to my p.o and I started smoking mm, I sent her a urine screen  it tested pos for thc, so she violated me, I went to the hearing and talked to the judge told him I was legal and waiting on my card, he said produce my card by a certain date or report to jail, I faxed a copy of my card and I was allowed to use mm the rest of my probation period much to the dismay of my p.o!

Ok there are 4 sec 4's that didnt got to court (accept the prob violation) and all went the way they were supposed to, obviously I didnt have more than I was supposed to and the law worked for me!

didn't have more than I was supposed to and the law worked for me!

Thanks Jim for the story i'am glad it did work for you

It didn't work for us but it was a lot better with a card or paper work from the Doctor it just took 1,500 days i think thats too long to be in Court

I've had 2 successes myself in Macomb County 

Thanks Jim for the story i'am glad it did work for you

It didn't work for us but it was a lot better with a card or paper work from the Doctor it just took 1,500 days i think thats too long to be in Court

This rhetoric is really very tiresome when you had all the support you needed and a legal team that was ready to go back to the SC for you and Torey (RIP). That would be something to have a Redden & Clark decision from the Appeals Court and a Redden & Clark from the Supreme Court , wouldn't it ? How sad it is that setting precedent takes too much time . . . 

Edited by knucklehead bob

Case No.: 15 32551 Plaintiff, HON. JUDGE Patricia A. Morse

Rebecca L. Meyers Defendant,

Richard Treusch Rebecca L. Meyers
Attorney for Plaintiff Petitioner for Defendant
800 Livingston Blvd 2313 Arlington Ave.
Suite D - 3 Flint, Michigan 48506 Gaylord, MI 49735

On December 21st, 2015 while traveling south on interstate 75 a vehicle Rebecca was a passenger in was stopped for "loose license plate" lol no joke... After MSP approached the officer stated "it smells like a lot of weed"...uh OK... The officer then proceeded to say if she could verify the amount was legal Our Lives would be "much easier"... After viewing and weighing also a complete search of vehicle and testing of Christmas fudge lol...Becca was told that less than one gram of RSO she possessed was illegal and would be arrested but released immediately. We were told to follow them to Gaylord jail to be fingerprinted. After doing so we pulled up in front of jail, the officer then demanded Rebecca again open locked secure container or else then proceeded to take 8 ozs of flower saying her "boss" said so...Rebecca pleaded for a receipt and was denied several times. Fingerprinted paraded and degraded Rebecca was kicked back out and told to call for a court date. I could add Rebecca spent a good amount of time since this date in the hospital she has numerous medical issues well documented. Rebecca is epileptic so the RSO is far from a choice for her to have. I could go on but we all know what's going on here.... Abrogate Prohibition Michigan or this will continue. Please help if your able by showing court support show our faces let them know we know!

Because the Act gives immunity from both arrest and prosecution, a defendant's immunity from arrest is dependent on compliance with Section 4 of the Act. The defendant believes she was in compliance with the act as written. Section 4 reads that the defendant is immune from arrest for “useable marihuana”. Useable marihuana is defined in Section 3 of the Act. Specifically, MCL333.26422(k) “Useable Marihuana” means the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof. Cannabis oil is a preparation thereof.

Edited by gretta47

Thanks for posting this.

It's refreshing to learn of a Judge who read, interpreted and implemented our law properly.

HON. JUDGE Patricia A. Morse

Patricia A. Morse is the chief judge for the 87A District Court in Michigan.  She has served as a judge for the court since 1990.

Morse was most recently re-elected unopposed on November 4, 2014, for another six-year term commencing on January 1, 2015,

and expiring on December 31, 2020.

After viewing and weighing also a complete search of vehicle and testing of Christmas fudge lol...

who was it that surmised that police would be weighing marijuana? on the roadside. wonder what kinda scale they use?

Any cases of someone applying section 4 to a probation violation for possession of marijuana plants?

Check with Rudoi;

Edited by Restorium2

another fine opinion from the COA.

MCL 771.3(3) permits a court to “impose other lawful conditions of probation as the

circumstances of the case require or warrant or as in its judgment are proper.”

interestingly, it is unlawful to condition, prohibit or otherwise restrict MMMA protections. thats the whole point of the MMMA. it takes precedent over every other law. including 771.3(3)

rudoi will win in the mich supreme court.

Edited by bax

Any cases of someone applying section 4 to a probation violation for possession of marijuana plants?

This isn't the first time Rudoi has fought probation limitations on marijuana. The attorney said he's fought similar restrictions in about 50 cases, and has been successful about 75 percent of the time.

Rudoi believes about 25 percent of judges agree with him that prohibition of medical marijuana violates state law, 50 percent feel it's at their discretion and the final 25 percent have a strict no-marijuana probation policy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Michael Komorn
      After the MMMA was enacted by a vote of 63% of Michigan voters in 2008, the legislature has declined to add any new qualifying conditions to protect patients from arrest.
      Senator Rick Jones even attempted to remove Glaucoma from the MMMP's list of qualifying conditions. Patients , caregivers and other interested parties wrote in opposition to the bill.
      A handful of petitions have been submitted over the years. LARA (and the previous MDCH department) have used various reasons and tricks to deny these petitions. Only Post Traumatic Stress Disorder has been added as a qualifying condition to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act. Autism and Parkinson's disorder petitions were approved by the Michigan medical marihuana review board (the board consists mostly of physicians). These petitions were denied by the LARA director. The petitions were not deficient in any way and should have been accepted by LARA. We resubmitted the Autism petition again, with 20 additional research studies.
      Now, with the help of numerous patients, researchers, Dwight Z. and Dr. Christian Bogner along with the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association and Michael Komorn, we have assembled a massive amount of peer-reviewed medical research and government data to show that these conditions should be approved to protect patients, caregivers and physicians from arrest for the medical use of marijuana to treat their conditions.
      This project took months of work. Reading, organizing, searching and collecting thousands of pages of research from all over the world. Including the most up to date medical studies, peer-reviewed patient surveys and the national reviews of all medical marijuana studies by the National Academies of Science. The oldest peer-reviewed medical research paper cited within these petitions was from the first volume of The Lancet in 1889. Birch EA. The use of Indian hemp in the treatment of chronic chloral and chronic opium poisoning. The Lancet. 1889;133:625.
      Cannabis, Indian Hemp, Marijuana, whatever you call it, physicians were using this non-toxic plant in 1889 to treat chronic opium poisoning and opium addiction. As opioid based prescriptions are addicting and killing approximately 142 Americans each day in 2017, medical marijuana is a non-lethal non-toxic way to avoid "America enduring a death toll equal to September 11th every three weeks."
      The qualifying condition petitions were based primarily on the following:
      Already approved qualifying conditions in other medical marijuana states. Historical and ancient medical books. Patient self-reports and surveys. US Government Department of Health and Human Services Patent on using marijuana to treat many diseases and injuries, including brain injury on humans. Institute of Medicine 1999 report on medical marijuana. This report was the basis for the MMMA, specifically cited within the Michigan law, MCL 333.26422 (b). National Academies of Science (formerly the Institute of Medicine) 2017 updated report on medical marijuana. Included research not only supports each qualifying condition petition, but also answers questions that the LARA directors, physicians and medical marijuana review panel board members had asked of past petitioners. Reports on dosages, safety profiles of marijuana, statistics from the CDC and Poison Control, and information from NIH, FDA and the DEA are presented in the petitions. This information was included in order to compare the safety, effects and side-effects of medical marijuana with FDA approved prescription medications.
      All of the patients, caregivers, researchers, the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association and it's president Michael Komorn fully agree that marijuana should be removed from the Controlled Substances Act. Marijuana should continue to be studied as a treatment for every human and animal disease. Marijuana also should be submitted to the FDA for approval as a medicine. We fully support all clinical trials related to using marijuana as a treatment for any condition, disease or injury. As all of the scientific peer-reviewed published clinical trials show, marijuana is an effective medicine.
      The http://www.nih.gov website was heavily utilized throughout this project for locating scientific peer-reviewed published research, reports and information.
      The petitions are grouped by similar conditions, symptoms or mechanisms of treatment. Included in this post are some choice quotes from a few studies in each group of petitions.
      Marijuana and Medicine Assessing the Science Base 1999 report from the Institute of Medicine

Medical Cannabis in Arizona: Patient Characteristics, Perceptions, and Impressions of Medical Cannabis Legalization.
      Preliminary assessment of the efficacy, tolerability and safety of a cannabis-based medicine (Sativex) inthe treatment of pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis
      Transdermal cannabidiol reduces inflammation and pain-related behaviours in a rat model of arthritis

Effects of smoked marijuana in experimentally induced asthma.
      Effects of cannabis on lung function: a population-based cohort study
      Newspaper ad from 1876 selling marijuana cigarettes for treating asthma.

You may laugh at a marijuana cigarette as a real medical treatment, but marijuana is a verified bronchodilator similar in strength to albuterol, the standard asthma medication. The medical efficacy of this specific brand of Asthma cigarettes were specifically exempted within the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs as created by the United Nations. This means these marijuana cigarettes were still able to be sold after each country banned marijuana.
      The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids The Current State of Evidence and Recommendations for Research (2017)
      The Impact of Marijuana Use on Glucose, Insulin, and Insulin Resistance among US Adults
      Marijuana Use Patterns Among Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease
      Minnesota Medical Cannabis Program: Patient Experiences from the First Program Year by the MN Department of Health 2016.
      Cannabinoids and the Urinary Bladder
      Cannabinoids and gastrointestinal motility: Animal and human studies
      Medical cannabis – the Canadian perspective
      Impact of cannabis treatment on the quality of life, weight and clinical disease activity in inflammatory bowel disease patients: a pilot prospective study.

Medical Marijuana and Organ Transplantation: Drug of Abuse, or Medical Necessity?

LARA statistics show the majority of the 250,000+ patients in the MMMA are using cannabis to treat chronic pain. As we know that the medical use of marijuana can treat “severe and chronic pain” already, it can and should be used to treat regular generic pain that is not severe and chronic.
      The reports and information from the Minnesota Department of Health on its medical marijuana program are very detailed and informative about patients experiences with medical marijuana.
      Minnesota Medical Cannabis Program: Patient Experiences from the First Program Year by the MN Department of Health 2016.
      Other states already approve of medical marijuana for Parkinson's Disease.
      Including: Georgia, Vermont, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Ohio, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and California

Tourette’s Syndrome is an approved medical marijuana qualifying condition in Arkansas, Illinois, Minnesota and Ohio. While the MMMA covers persistant and severe Muscle Spasms, Tourette's Syndrome sufferers may not have the severe symptoms that qualify.
      The 1999 Institute of Medicine report states that marijuana can be used to treat Tourettes

Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Program lists Autism as a qualifying condition.
      There are two clinical trials for Autism and cannabis in 2017:
      Cannabinoids for Behavioral Problems in Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Double Blind, Randomized, Placebo-controlled Trial With Crossover.
      Cannabidivarin (CBDV) vs. Placebo in Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
      Safety and Efficacy of Medical Cannabis Oil for Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia: An-Open Label, Add-On, Pilot Study.
      An Open Label Study of the Use of Dronabinol (Marinol) in the Management of Treatment-Resistant Self-Injurious Behavior in 10 Retarded Adolescent Patients
    • By Michael Komorn
      Hemp, Inc. (OTC: HEMP), the first all-hemp, publicly-traded company in US history forges path in the industrial hemp industry, continues its effort to blow the lid off a nest of deception and double standards many feel have been imposed by the United States government concerning the ancient superfood, hemp seeds. Despite the Cannabis classification, hemp seeds aren't for smoking, nor does it get you "high" as countless people have been led to believe, according to the Kimble Group, LLC. Hemp seeds are growing in popularity, thus, questions are arising concerning their presumed health benefits. So what is it 'they' don't want the American people to know? Why would such enlightening, useful and beneficial information be kept under wraps?
      The first all-hemp, publically-traded company in US History,Hemp, Inc. (OTC: HEMP), hemp.com, blows the lid off a nest of deception.
      (PRWEB) September 28, 2012
      It wasn't until this year, August, US senators Jeff Merkley, Ron Wyden, Bernie Sanders and Rand Paul ardently worked together in a bipartisan effort to get industrial hemp removed from the federal doghouse. If passed, this historic senate bill will create economic opportunities by removing federal restrictions on the domestic cultivation of industrial hemp.
      Before light is shed on the benefits on hemp, let's take a look at how and why hemp has been getting a bad rap over the years. According to Hemp, Inc. (OTC: HEMP), the first all-hemp, publically-traded company in US history, William Hurst, an influential American newspaper publisher, created a yellow journalism campaign to associate hemp with marijuana. Why?
      Commercial hemp seeds contain very low amounts of THC, the property responsible for the drug response, plus they contain a substance that counteracts THC. According to Dr. David P. West, who specializes in plant breeding and genetics and who has written a plethora of articles on industrial hemp, says, "The washed hemp seed contains no THC at all. The tiny amounts of THC contained in industrial hemp are in the glands of the plant itself. Sometimes, in the manufacturing process, some THC- and CBD-containing resin sticks to the seed, resulting in traces of THC in the oil that is produced. The concentration of these cannabinoids in the oil is infinitesimal. No one can get high from it."
      Hurst, along with his friend Pierre DuPont, succeeded in outlawing hemp in America and in turn robbed the world of an environmental cash crop. Why would they do such a thing? As noted by Hemp.com, "Because instead of using hemp for paper, clothing, fuel, oils, resins, medicines, and many other uses, we now use trees and synthetic petrochemicals. Hearst owned huge forests and interests in lumber mills. DuPont made synthetic fuels and fibers (nylon, rayon, plastics) from petroleum." Go figure.
      Hemp seeds go back as far as 8,500 years. Initially, the Chinese were harvesting it and using the plant fibers to produce durable cloth, however, 3,000 years ago, they began using the seeds as a food source. Hemp seeds have been a proven source of protein on the planet, primarily because they contain all twenty one known amino acids.
      Clinical herbalist, Larken Bunce, says, "Hemp seeds are a nutritionally dense food source that provide the body with necessary macro- and micronutrients, including protein, essential fatty acids, fiber, vitamins and minerals. The addition of hemp seeds to your daily diet can ensure you are getting necessary essential fatty acids, a good balance of protein and carbohydrates, a good source of fiber as well as some essential vitamins and minerals."
      Essentially, the human organism is unable to produce all essential amino acids, but amazingly, hemp does. The hemp seeds are a great source of polyunsaturated fat as well as essential fatty acids. According to Nourishing Gourmet, hemp foods are also a rich source of phytonutrients, the organic compounds of plants that are thought to promote human health.
      More specifically, Dr. Cassandra Forsyth, nutrition researcher at the University of Connecticut, says, "Hemp seeds are rich in omega3 fatty acids, which reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke." According to an article in Men's Health, written by Carolyn Kylstra on 9/25/12, a 1-ounce serving of the seeds provides 11 grams of protein, not to be confused with incomplete protein found in most plant sources. The article's research found the protein in hemp seeds to be comparable to that found in meat, eggs, and dairy.
      If hemp food is easily digested and in turn can be used to treat malnourishment, why such a bad rap? Why not mass produce since the consumption of complete proteins is necessary for human survival? The US Government's complacency of 'profit before health' can no longer stand on the incredulous foundation on which it was built. The American people are, indeed, waking up.
      Michael A. Komorn
      Attorney and Counselor
      Email: michael@komornlaw.com
      Check out our Radio show:
      Live Every Thursday 8-10:00p.m.
      w/ Attorney Michael Komorn
      The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD
    • By imiubu
      Wexford County Prosecuting Attorney Anthony Badovinac is ill informed about the MMMA.
      Starts at 14:23
    • By Michael Komorn
      The Planet Green Trees Radio team was delighted to have Michigan Senator and Senate Democratic Leader Gretchen Whitmer on the show this past Thursday. We discussed the recent passage of Senate Bill 660, which would authorize Pharmacies to dispense prescription cannabis if the Federal Government removes the drug from its current Schedule I status.
      To read the full post, please visit the Komorn Law Blog at http://komornlaw.com/komornlawblog/gretchen-whitmer-stands-with-michigans-medical-marijuana-community/
    • By Michael Komorn
      March 21, 2013 -13473269626 dial 1 to get on the air
      SHOW TOPIC: Growing Medical Marihuana Outdoors in Michigan.
      Spring is here, and many Michigan Patients and Caregivers will be planting their gardens outside. Many Legal issues arise whenever the medical use of cannabis takes place outside. The "Enclosed Locked Facility" has at times, served as a loophole for Law Enforcement to vitiate the protections of the MMMA. In an effort to provide some guidance to our community,PGT is proud to bring you the Top Cannabis Lawyers in the State to give thier comments, reflections and take questions from the listeners on this topic.
      Hosted By: Michael Komorn of Komorn Law Pllc.
      Neil Rockind-Rockind Pllc
      John Targowski of Targowski and Grow, will be joining us for 2 hours of Medical Cannabis OutDoor Grow Talk.
      Also Hunter Hollinan Asa National Coordinator discussing new chapter
      Rick Thompson of the Compassion Chronicles and the Political Twist up Radio show - delivers the news,
      As as always we will be discussing recent cases and suggesting what we can learn from these experiences.
      Brought to you by: Our Regular Group of Community Entertainment.
      Your host: Attorney Michael Komorn of Komorn Law, PLLC-18006563557 Regular guests: Chad from the Birmingham Compassion Club, Jamie Lowell of Third Coast Compassion Center, Rick Thompson-Editor and Chief of the Compassion Chronicles- reporting on news events, Canna-Miracles our very own Gold Cup Winner. Thanks to Purnell Jameson and Greg Pawlowski for producing tonight’s show.
      Tonight's Show Sponsored By: MMMA: michiganmedicalmarijuana.org Thanks to all the moderators especially Q tipper!
      Komorn Law - Atty Michael Komorn (800) 656-3557- The Med Joint Community Compassion Center - Oshtemo, MI Kevin Spitler