What Is Normal And Standard Caregiver To Patient Pricing?

kls

Guess I'm a little disgruntled and confused.

Previous to the Supreme Court ruling banning dispensaries and caregiver to unassigned patients sales, my caregiver supplied me with one free ounce per month.

Following the ruling he said that he never sold his overages to dispensaries because they discounted his price so deeply and resold it for triple the price. Asked for a "donation" to help offset costs.

Now, after the legislation proposed last year and recently passed says caregiver to unassigned patients are okay, he wants to charge $150.00 per month for the first and over $200.00 for additional.

What are your experiences. What is the financial relationship between caregiver and assigned patient? How does one find a new caregiver in the Grand Rapids area with high quality meds?

Although my caregiver says he never sold his overages to dispensaries, only to unassigned patients, he all of a sudden wants to change our financial arrangement. Previously, he supplied the first ounce of meds at no charge. If one wanted more it was considerably over $200.00 per. With the recent legislation passing into law, he can again sell overages from MY plants to unassigned patients. So what has changed?

What financial arrangement is accepted and traditional between caregiver-assigned patient? I suspect it varies quite a bit. Please, please comment!

With the recent legislation passing into law, he can again sell overages from MY plants to unassigned patients. So what has changed?

Not so much. The recent ruling pretty much states the only compensation a caregiver can get is from the 5 patients directly linked to them through the registry. The days of free medicine are pretty much done for most I believe, except in special circumstances.

Unless you are paying for the nutrients, electricity, genetics, etc your caregiver is using to produce your medicine, I dont think it is unreasonable for them to ask for compensation. The service they are providing for you costs money, and can be a lot of work at times. Why should they have to foot the bill?

If it is that much of a problem to actually compensate someone for the goods/service they provide to you, Might I suggest picking up some equipment and growing your own? That way you could grow your own ( you still technically pay for it) and then maybe you could sign on a few patients and provide it to them for free.

Average price zone, depending on quality, that i have seen amongst patients and caregivers is generally between $150-$300/oz.

If someone was giving you something for free, that was overly generous of the CG asit was costing them money to do so. So basicly, this person was just giving you a check every month.

I have always been a bit surprised by the free medicine thing up front for plant count. But i know alot of caregivers that will help their patients out when they are broke(most patients) or work on a sliding fee scale with them.

Although my caregiver says he never sold his overages to dispensaries, only to unassigned patients, he all of a sudden wants to change our financial arrangement. Previously, he supplied the first ounce of meds at no charge. If one wanted more it was considerably over $200.00 per. With the recent legislation passing into law, he can again sell overages from MY plants to unassigned patients. So what has changed?

What financial arrangement is accepted and traditional between caregiver-assigned patient? I suspect it varies quite a bit. Please, please comment!

You both are flying rudderless, that's why the crash alert is beeping.

Edited by pic book

I think what your caregiver is now proposing to you is fair. If you are happy with your meds you should continue on with that cg at the new set price. You may find out you are very dissapointed if you drop said caregiver in search for someone else to give you FREE meds.

Good luck and good health

With the recent legislation passing into law, he can again sell overages from MY plants to unassigned patients. So what has changed?

I have no idea who has been feeding you this information, but it is basically completely backwards. A SC ruling just came down that makes it clear that a CG can't sell to anyone but his 5 patients. So what has changed is they chipped away at more of the grey area, making it much harder for CGs to get rid of overages and thus no free meds.

Whoever told you about this new legislation was either misinformed or straight lying to you.

fair is what it is, work is what it is, and renumeration is what it is, add them all up and there you have it.. sounds like you got a decent price, i wouldnt complain.. but if you were my patient I would drop you like a hot rock, if your not happy with a cg leave and see what you do for a better deal,, remember the grass is always greener over the septic tank..

What are your experiences. What is the financial relationship between caregiver and assigned patient? How does one find a new caregiver in the Grand Rapids area with high quality meds?

Through interacting with a substancial amount of both CG's and Patients, i've seen a wide range of distribution of medicine. On the low end I have seen CG's give out anywhere from 1/2 to 3 oz a month free of charge. Then another portion of CG's charge a standard rate of 150-300$ an oz for meds. Then theres the issue of where the quality of the meds lie. As a CG I personally provide 1/2 oz free to my patients a month; but hey that's just my individual agreement. Most of the time I only have between 0-24 plants in flower so it's an agreement that works out for all parties interested. I run across a lot of patients looking for CG's; but everyone has there own individual expectations on what is expected and what they personally believe they are owed. So my suggestion would be for a Patients and CGs on both ends to find an arrangement that works or find a diffferent CG/Patient. If possible, ask to see current medicine the CG is cultivating to see if the quality is up

to your personal standard.

Seems like all new caregivers start off with the freebie deal then once they see how much the overall costs are they are forced to be realistic $150 for the first and $200 for any future ounces is a fair deal please understand that your caregiver might have underestimated the costs they are offering you a good agreement id stick with them .

Seems like all new caregivers start off with the freebie deal then once they see how much the overall costs are they are forced to be realistic $150 for the first and $200 for any future ounces is a fair deal please understand that your caregiver might have underestimated the costs they are offering you a good agreement id stick with them .

i was waiting to see what the crowd was going to say as I didn't know if maybe I was out of whack, but 150 and then 200 for every additional doesn't sound bad to me either, it actually sounds very reasonable. Quality obviously plays in but if it's solid medicine, I'm not sure how much better an arrangement you are going to find.