Wild Bill

What Percentage Of Your Medication Came From Dispensaries?

138 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your medication came from dispensaries?

• 0 - 10%
    • 10 - 20%
    • 20 - 30%
    • 30 - 40%
    • 40 - 50%
    • 50 - 60%
    • 60 - 70%
    • 70 - 80%
    • 80 - 90%
    • 90 - 100%

i'd ask caregivers how many different strains of medicine they had on hand.

but that was ruled illegal in various courts. you cannot 'hold' medicine unless it is specifically for your 5 pts.

dispensaries had various strains of marijuana.

look at any in weedmaps and see 10-30 strains.

how do i know what medicine is best for me? the one the caregiver wants to pawn off on a newbie?

how do i know that the dispensary even has correct labels? or isnt buying mexican ditchweed?

there is no easy answer.

and there are a lot of difficult questions.

Been in a few...never purchased anything.

checked out the environments...

some have potential to help... some are gouging and taking advantage.

all are a risky endeavor in today's environment.

This is big business vs individual grow rights in the long run. I don't see a middle ground.

MMJ is either a business and if so people can make unlimited money and put that money to work to gain market share. (Squeeze out competition) or it is not a business, there is only limited income to be made, and it isn't worth anyone's time to try to take grow rights.

i agree highlander...

there probably isn't a middle ground..

and much like alcohol we will be forced to submission eventually.

enjoy it while it's here.

i would predict.. we will retain the ability to grow our own for personal use...

but that the caregiver system will eventually be flushed out.. replaced with a high volume tax based regulated industry that our government can maximize the "reap and reward" potential the greatest.

i agree highlander...

there probably isn't a middle ground..

and much like alcohol we will be forced to submission eventually.

enjoy it while it's here.

i would predict.. we will retain the ability to grow our own for personal use...

but that the caregiver system will eventually be flushed out.. replaced with a high volume tax based regulated industry that our government can maximize the "reap and reward" potential the greatest.

Schuette said he was done adjusting medical cannabis. If we could just get there ourselves then maybe we would have a few years of peace.

Edited by Restorium2

I can't think of any for-profit business where the big guys let the little ones sit at the big kids table.

No one has provided a reason to believe that MMJ big business will be any different.

We had little pharma and family farms in my parents' day. Today is big pharma, agribusiness, and Monsanto patenting seeds. What would make MMJ business different in 50 years.

Why let history repeat itself. MJ used to be 100% legal. It wasn't made illegal because the government was bored one day. Big money lobbied and got it illegal. What makes people think this wont happen again?

Edited by Highlander

be great wouldn't it rest...

a few more years..

i see the writing on the wall... and in the bills being discussed...

feds are working to change schedule just in time for the states to take over and grow massive controlled production facilities...

it will take a couple years.. but it is most likely coming..

our AG can relax.. the pressure is mostly off him now.

he got everything he needs... now he can sit back and let the SC ruling steamroll just like the COA decision did.

I agree rest. We have a workable system. Far from perfect but one of the best in the USA. Remember when people were happy to be able to grow? I guess that glee hasn't worn off for some of us.

I agree rest. We have a workable system. Far from perfect but one of the best in the USA. Remember when people were happy to be able to grow? I guess that glee hasn't worn off for some of us.

That's why we get attacked regularly. There's still some meat on our bones. That's how business looks at us.

That's a good point. Those of us trying to make the current system work are the competition's greatest fear. We're the small cavalry that must lead this charge but as such we will be the first in line for attack.

Sick isn't it? The better CG you are, the bigger the threat you are to big business...

That's a good point. Those of us trying to make the current system work are the competition's greatest fear. We're the small cavalry that must lead this charge but as such we will be the first in line for attack.

Sick isn't it? The better CG you are, the bigger the threat you are to big business...

Every single time you find something like this in life it doesn't last. Someone else sees your 'good thing' and eventually it's gone. You learn to dig your heels in and hold on for as long as you can. You can squeeze a few extra years out of it that way.

look guys.

it's like this.

my parents owned a 7-11 when i grew up.

people would come in and ask... why are the prices on your items so much higher?

and we would constantly remind them... it is a CONVENIENCE store.

you pay for the fast service, easy access and short lines.

the same is true for a dispensary.

there is nothing at all wrong with them existing side by side in our world if the community they are in support them.

if you wanna come in here and rip on a dispensary just because you dont like dispensaries than your ignorance is showing.

if you come in here and say to me.. one opened a block from where my kid goes to school and i dont want it, then i will get behind you and help. but to have a blanket hatred of the industry is foolish and not a sustainable position.

quote a source. a direct person for faults with a position. but dont try to tell me all dispensaries are evil money hungry pigs because of the ignorant statements made by a few of them.. it is not true.

many can, do and will help people. and if the community which they exist in does not have a problem with them, then why do you? ask yourself that question.

many people could have bought bread and milk from the grocery store... but stopped by our store for the sake of convenience. if that works for them, then who are you to tell me to close my parents 7-11 because the supermarket can do it cheaper and better?

people have a RIGHT to choice in this country... and it is not always motivated by cost...

if you don't like a particular dispensary, or human that owns it... i can understand that... there are a couple i don't like either, but i would never stand by and let you tear apart them all for the sake of a few..

nothing at all wrong with a dispensary operating with the blessing of the community in which it exists.

everything is wrong with the people ON BOTH SIDES of the argument who are grandstanding and passing half truths for fact.

Just human cash registers in a business of helping sick people. It is what it is. Much like a 7-11 but this is about medicine not munchies. You really can't logically compare a 7-11 to a caregiver can you? But you can do that with a dispensary. Excellent point you made John, in a round about way.

I personally don't care if dispensaries stay open or not. If someone prefers to buy from one that's their business.

I was just curious about how many actually use them.

There has been a great deal of hand wringing and lamentation, but I'm not seeing much evidence that many patients are being harmed or even effected by the loss of dispensaries.

Most caregivers I have spoken to eventually say, "I'm just trying to.make a little money".

It looks to me like the only ones crying are those who backed the wrong pony.

I personally don't care if dispensaries stay open or not. If someone prefers to buy from one that's their business.

I was just curious about how many actually use them.

There has been a great deal of hand wringing and lamentation, but I'm not seeing much evidence that many patients are being harmed or even effected by the loss of dispensaries.

Most caregivers I have spoken to eventually say, "I'm just trying to.make a little money".

It looks to me like the only ones crying are those who backed the wrong pony.

In the Kalamazoo area, Kevin was giving away my topical oil for free. There are about 1500 people that are used to using that free.

Free meds .. free meds .. for more than a thousand people.

Kevin closed.