What Percentage Of Your Medication Came From Dispensaries?

142 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your medication came from dispensaries?

• 0 - 10%
    • 10 - 20%
    • 20 - 30%
    • 30 - 40%
    • 40 - 50%
    • 50 - 60%
    • 60 - 70%
    • 70 - 80%
    • 80 - 90%
    • 90 - 100%

I have a 3 grammer a week patient. $20. It's my super economy plan. I usually weigh it up at 4 g. They smile a lot about that.

So you are still able to fill their needs at a reasonable price. Even if it isn't profitable there are still folks who are willing to help out.

Edited by Wild Bill

None of it's 'profitable' for me. I make about $10 and hour for my time. If I ever sign Willy Nelson up he's going to pay a little more.

That's something that I've noticed, most caregivers don't really make any money to speak of. In fact most of them that I know are doing it for friends or family that are physically unable to grow for themselves and probably lose money.

Dispensaries seemed to be geared more to 'casual' (for lack of a better word) users.

I don't know many who used dispensaries but the ones that I do know only use cannabis occasionally, when they have migraine attacks for instance.

That's something that I've noticed, most caregivers don't really make any money to speak of. In fact most of them that I know are doing it for friends or family that are physically unable to grow for themselves and probably lose money.

Dispensaries seemed to be geared more to 'casual' (for lack of a better word) users.

I don't know many who used dispensaries but the ones that I do know only use cannabis occasionally, when they have migraine attacks for instance.

Casual? Take my 3 grammer for instance. A dispensary would give him incentive to mule 2.5 ounces to the 'casual' folks and skim his 3 g's off the top.

Come on, that is ridiculous. First, it is too expensive to resell if you buy it at the dispensary. Second, most patients cannot sell 2.5 ounces per week.

Sometimes I wonder where you get this stuff.

Where do you get 'your' stuff? I get mine from the real world. I snatched this one right out from under the dispensary so he doesn't get in any trouble. You should know better than to act so surprised.

I would say a majority of the patients i see(as in over 50%) are in the range that resto speaks of.

You can take care of 5 of those patients with a 400watt light. Maybe a 600 if ya are frisky :-)

I generally say it is all relative.

Ya get a patient that takes more and one that takes little... it all works out to a hobby ya make a couple bucks at.

Edited by Malamute

You can't use one patient's story and say that is happening everywhere, or even that it is happening a lot.

I am not surprised, but I think you are misjudging what the dispensary gave him incentive to do. It gave him incentive to find a caregiver.

Some things in the real world are just so obvious based on your lifetime experiences. At this point I'm not guilty of misjudging much about this subject.

Pure bundling happens when a consumer can't afford to purchase the whole package. The retailer can either promote buying the bundle, or make a smaller package that is affordable. Happens in just about every business. I described it to a T. You can read about it. Just look up 'Pure Bundling'. It's common knowledge. Promoting bundling is a market stategy that increases profits. To make a smaller, more affordable package, is much less profitable.

Your pseudo-MBA conjecture does not change the fact that this is an edge case. The number of patients that could, or would, do something like you describe is on par with the number of patients that could sell a couple of handfuls of vicodin a week. Not many.

It really shouldn't be part of the conversation. Just because something is expensive does not automatically mean people will break the law to get it.

Of course they told them that they weren't breaking the law at all. There you go assuming the worst. Most all of the diverting patients thought what they were doing was totally legal. Many still have a very skewed view about what a legal transfer is.

All of those people must be lying or shills for big money dispensaries. The above statement was sarcasm. A Cg is a choice not a requirement. I am not saying a Cg is not capable of helping them. I am saying their should be other options.

Im pretty sure I know the woman In that video, the one you see on it now who says she burned one and baked cookies with her grand kids! Im pretty sure I do, but Im thinking we were in the same minorml chapter, Your not real far off og, and I dont usualy say anything about pts in need, but also I have not seen this person since my first yr in the program and was introduced to her thru norml, She very well could have gotten ripped like my 1st c.g tried to do to me lol, yes I said try, Im gonna get my shctuff back, im the type who will just wait and wait untill the time is right and boom all good again for me!

Peace

Jim

What are they standing in the way of?

What difference does it make if it was about money before?

Do you work? Thats about money so your bad and greedy.

Maybe you know some way of growing with zero costs? Care to share how thats done?

Maybe this site should refund any paid memberships. That is about money.

I can tell ya how to do it for free, but you will have to take your chances, a pic is worth a 1000 words eh?

HPIM1968.jpg

I only watered it once a wk and I used expert gardner plant food, It cost 3.62 for the whole grow, every thing else used was around the house! If you notice the posts are sunk around 18" into the ground It has a lock, and chicken wire fence, You can cut a dog keenel link fence with a pair of pliers just like you can this, but I am pretty sure this is not considered a locked secured space that can not be seen by anyone, helo's can see it flying over, but none of my neighbors could see it, and I just done it as a joke, I wound up actualy adding more chicken wire up another four ft before this was ripped! There were 12 plants in it, and they grew amazingly fast from seed, the dew I usual get up here was enough water for it, I just watched it grow!

I dont recomend you do this at home! lol and if you are gonna mess with an out door grow and try to have it blend in, dont put near corn plants, they turn brown way before mj, your bettter off in pine trees, its free and its only one grow a yr! Id rather have a vertual going yr round, but I do like the outdoor meds, they get huge!

Peace

Jim

I can tell ya how to do it for free, but you will have to take your chances, a pic is worth a 1000 words eh?

HPIM1968.jpg

I only watered it once a wk and I used expert gardner plant food, It cost 3.62 for the whole grow, every thing else used was around the house! If you notice the posts are sunk around 18" into the ground It has a lock, and chicken wire fence, You can cut a dog keenel link fence with a pair of pliers just like you can this, but I am pretty sure this is not considered a locked secured space that can not be seen by anyone, helo's can see it flying over, but none of my neighbors could see it, and I just done it as a joke, I wound up actualy adding more chicken wire up another four ft before this was ripped! There were 12 plants in it, and they grew amazingly fast from seed, the dew I usual get up here was enough water for it, I just watched it grow!

I dont recomend you do this at home! lol and if you are gonna mess with an out door grow and try to have it blend in, dont put near corn plants, they turn brown way before mj, your bettter off in pine trees, its free and its only one grow a yr! Id rather have a vertual going yr round, but I do like the outdoor meds, they get huge!

Peace

Jim

Too many "nature hikers" by me for something like that. Do you get a lot of bugs when there that exposed?

But yo don;t wake up that day and say " I am going to go out and justifiably murder someone" as it shows intent.

"Intent," seems very hard for people to correctly apply to situations around medical marijuana, and especially issues with Section 8. For an opposing PA, how difficult is it to construct a patients intent in a way that would lend itself to criminal charges and perhaps even establish a successful narrative for conviction?

IMO it's much easier than people assume it is. It reminds me very much of Niel Rockind's dissertation on the difference between practical law and discussing the theory of law, and how often theory is confused with what happens in practice to a tragic end.

Your thoughts?

Slugs are your biggest outdoor threat. It is truly unbelievable how many there are in a bad year.

Again he speaks the truth.

A dry day and wet ground after watering...they come fierce.

Copper rings...copper wire turns into o... electric wire perfect to harvest quality copper wire. 12-2 is fine.

Slugs are your biggest outdoor threat. It is truly unbelievable how many there are in a bad year.

I got the dirt from my neighbors garden,, I sifted it, so to start out I didnt have any slugs, actualy we dont have to many over this way, Ive never seen a lil gofer tunnel in the 5yrs I been here, not saying you wouldnt get em though, the worms I put in and the ants and spiders pretty much take care of the rest, I honestly would have just dusted them like I do my tomatoe plants if the I notice leaf damage from bugs. Im tellin you the dew we got that summer was unbeivable, I only gave them plants a gallon of water a week with some cheap plant food, I doubled the height and went back out camping, came back and they were pretty hacked up, and I was out for the summer, so I yanked em instead of letting the lil phaq smoke my shcitt, and to be honest it was just a joke at the time, I didnt care if they lived or died!

Peace

Jim

Edited by phaquetoo

"Intent," seems very hard for people to correctly apply to situations around medical marijuana, and especially issues with Section 8. For an opposing PA, how difficult is it to construct a patients intent in a way that would lend itself to criminal charges and perhaps even establish a successful narrative for conviction?

IMO it's much easier than people assume it is. It reminds me very much of Niel Rockind's dissertation on the difference between practical law and discussing the theory of law, and how often theory is confused with what happens in practice to a tragic end.

Your thoughts?

What you describe is common in courtrooms, and it is incumbent on defense counsel to refute it. Lies and bullschit have been seen in most, if not all, court arguments to date. A judge might have enough presence and integrity to recognize it and put it in its rightful place, but don't count on it.

Edited by GregS

What you describe is common in courtrooms, and it is incumbent on defense counsel to refute it. Lies and bullschit have been seen in most, if not all, court arguments to date. A judge might have enough presence and integrity to recognize it and put it in its rightful place, but don't count on it.

Excellent response, thank you Greg.