What Percentage Of Your Medication Came From Dispensaries?

142 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your medication came from dispensaries?

• 0 - 10%
    • 10 - 20%
    • 20 - 30%
    • 30 - 40%
    • 40 - 50%
    • 50 - 60%
    • 60 - 70%
    • 70 - 80%
    • 80 - 90%
    • 90 - 100%

i am not trying to be argumentative or confrontational.

i just want farmers markets.

i love helping the people and as a social experience in my opinion there is no better environment that a group of like minded people gathering to help others and share some social interaction...

I would love to have one if it where legal and all

People helping people is the best feeling anyone could have Imo

The slugs are in your grass and once they get a taste you will know of them, lol

As far as deer. They like young plants , especially plants from seed. The from seed plants have very tender skin where a cloned cut is stringy. They still sometimes will chomp a small plant regardless. The main thing with deer is the dirt you use. Deer love fresh dirt and many potting soils are chocked full of all kinds of stuff that gets woodland critters attention. Avoid soils with bone or blood mean for outdoor use and always cover your potting soil back over with the native soil .

The slugs are in your grass and once they get a taste you will know of them, lol

As far as deer. They like young plants , especially plants from seed. The from seed plants have very tender skin where a cloned cut is stringy. They still sometimes will chomp a small plant regardless. The main thing with deer is the dirt you use. Deer love fresh dirt and many potting soils are chocked full of all kinds of stuff that gets woodland critters attention. Avoid soils with bone or blood mean for outdoor use and always cover your potting soil back over with the native soil .

Oh believe me I know about slugs, there just dont seem to be many here, Im like 100yds away from nothing but red pines planted in rows forever it seems and the other way is all farm land, being worked, I have very few neighbors so I dont realy have to worry about smell either, And I have seen 1 deer out of my window in 5yrs, to much corn feilds around here for them to come here I guess, Plus no one realy has nice lawns here, im afraid to use weed and feed on mine, I wont have any green in my yard lol, now over in roscomon county ive had em mess up my vegtable garden, I built 6 golf holes of an 18 hole lil par 3 golf course no slugs there, it was all clay to start with, and then the ferts we used once i got the grass planted, never seen one there, bermuda bent grass for raised t's and the greens and kentucky blue on the fairways, after prob 10 more yrs it will all be bermuda bent grass, it takes over.

Peace

Jim

Why are you pretending like we didn't already have this conversation? Threads are locked and people are encouraged to communicate via PMs and then take the discussion off the MMMA altogether. And in the thread we are discussing, a patient learned he coudl grow his own and still have a CG. No thanks to you. Your "did you ever try my oil" pop-up ads keep getting in the way I guess and you can't see past them.

Pop-up ad Peanutbutter. Stumping for his oil rather than directing patients to good information.

Are you serious? How did I miss that??? I'm still new to learning all this, (the laws as well as growing), but I thought I knew for sure that you could only either grow 12 plants for yourself or have a cg grow 12 plants for you, so are you saying that not only can I grow 12 plants but that I can also have a cg grow 12 for me? So allowing me to have 24 plants for my medical supply?? And if so, does that mean a cg can have 2.5 oz on them for me as well as I can have 2.5 oz on me? I thought if I had a cg then my card would not state that I could possess plants??? Sorry to sound so clueless but that would definitely make things a lot easier for me and my husband, (card holder as well) since this growing is not quite producing the amount of medicine required for our conditions, and having cg's would certainly make life easier till we get this growing figured out,,,,

Well wtf!

It looks like the problem is solved!

Nobody responded that they can't get any meds!

I guess the crisis is over. We've managed to somehow get by without the dispensaries.

Only used the dispensaries a few times, when needed due to my inadequate growing,, and for the yummy candies, but the ones near me have not shut down,,, 3 going strong that I know of in TC, and 1 in Acme, 1 in Kalkaska,, just to mention a few that I know are still up and running as of yesterday,,,, but I think like 3 or 4 might be owned by the same person,,,

My biggest problem right now though is trying to find clones to grow with until I figure out how to grow a mother or two and clone the mothers, these dispensaries around here don't seem to EVER have any in stock,,, or maybe they are all purposely just refusing to sell clones to shut ppl down like me trying to grow for myself, lol,,,

Are you serious? How did I miss that??? I'm still new to learning all this, (the laws as well as growing), but I thought I knew for sure that you could only either grow 12 plants for yourself or have a cg grow 12 plants for you, so are you saying that not only can I grow 12 plants but that I can also have a cg grow 12 for me? So allowing me to have 24 plants for my medical supply?? And if so, does that mean a cg can have 2.5 oz on them for me as well as I can have 2.5 oz on me? I thought if I had a cg then my card would not state that I could possess plants??? Sorry to sound so clueless but that would definitely make things a lot easier for me and my husband, (card holder as well) since this growing is not quite producing the amount of medicine required for our conditions, and having cg's would certainly make life easier till we get this growing figured out,,,,

Only 12 plants allowed. You Have 3 choices.

1) Grow up to 12 plants with no caregiver

2) Assign a caregiver to grow up to 12 plants

3) Assign a caregiver but keep possession of your up to 12 plants

That would allow a caregiver to help you to cultivate and also transfer and possess up to 2.5 oz for you.

Sometimes, a caregiver has enough plants already and can take on a patient who wants to learn and help them through the learning process, help them get started, while still being able to supply said patient with medicine.

Edited by Malamute

Only 12 plants allowed. You Have 3 choices.

1) Grow up to 12 plants with no caregiver

2) Assign a caregiver to grow up to 12 plants

3) Assign a caregiver but keep possession of your up to 12 plants

That would allow a caregiver to help you to cultivate and also transfer and possess up to 2.5 oz for you.

Sometimes, a caregiver has enough plants already and can take on a patient who wants to learn and help them through the learning process, help them get started, while still being able to supply said patient with medicine.

Oh, ok,, thank you for clearing that up for me :)

• 2 weeks later...

In my county it was made clear from the passage of the Act that our Prosecutor would NOT abide any dispensary.

This turned out to be all it took to ensure the Pt/Cg model became the only viable option once a few 'early-adapters' were convinced anything else would end up with an unpaid stay in the iron-bar motel.

From this vantage point four-years-on it seems to be working without any real hardships for those who can count and stay within the established boundaries and exist in a working economic partnership. Good patients and good caregivers have found accommodations. Others, who can't meet the mutual obligations of the legal pt/cg mmj model end up back in the gray market.

Maybe this will be the case for the next few years while to politicians try to figure a way out of a mess of their own creation. Even discussing methods for state controlled distribution (and generation of tax revenue) has its own difficulties. It is pretty tough for politicians to support arresting pot smokers while simultaneously trying to figure out a way to generate tax revenues from a currently illegal substance.

I was surprised to see a quote in last week's local paper from the head of the county Drug squad who expressed his opinion that marijuana would be legalized in the future and they weren't targeting patients or caregivers.

This opinion was almost diametrically opposed to that of our award winning PA whose frustration was almost palpable at the fact he couldn't put MMJ patients in jail at will any longer.

I suppose there are going to be more casualties. The arrest and punishment industry based on cannabis prohibition will NOT easily be dismantled. But for those who are discreet, stay within the patient and caregiver model, this may well be the best of times.

Edited by outsideinthecold

In my county it was made clear from the passage of the Act that our Prosecutor would NOT abide any dispensary.

This turned out to be all it took to ensure the Pt/Cg model became the only viable option once a few 'early-adapters' were convinced anything else would end up with an unpaid stay in the iron-bar motel.

From this vantage point four-years-on it seems to be working without any real hardships for those who can count and stay within the established boundaries.

Maybe this will be the model for the next few years while to politicians try to figure a way out of a mess of their own creation.

I was surprised to see a quote in last week's local paper from the head of the county Drug squad who expressed his opinion that marijuana would be legalized in the future and they weren't targeting patients or caregivers.

This opinion was almost diametrically opposed to that of our award winning PA whose frustration was almost palpable at the fact he couldn't put MMJ patients in jail at will any longer.

I suppose there are going to be more casualties. The arrest and punishment industry based on cannabis prohibition would easily be dismantled. But for those who are discreet, stay within the patient and caregiver model, this may well be the best of times.

Well stated - especially the part in bold font.

• 4 weeks later...

I think there needs to be a way to get meds to everyone that needs them. I don't know what the numbers are but i would guess 1 caregiver for about 25 patients.Then on top of that grow problems. When my wife was a patient her caregiver had to move out of wyoming and he lost his grow. Whould have been three months with out meds. But we went half the way across the state to a farmers market to get meds while we started our own grow.

I think there needs to be a way to get meds to everyone that needs them. I don't know what the numbers are but i would guess 1 caregiver for about 25 patients.

Not even close.  LARA's stats tell us that there is better than 1 cg for every 5 pts.   So in reality there are not enough registered pts for each cg to have 5. That's not even accounting for pts who grow their own and don't want a cg.

If there are more patients than caregivers to grow for them even after subtracting out the patients growing for themselves....

then there must be a lot of patients who don't grow and don't have a registered caregiver growing for them.....

the rationale behind not having a caregiver or growing for yourself and still spending the time and money and effort to be certified as a patient is....

Edited by outsideinthecold

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, I am a college student at the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire who is working on an article for a course.  I decided to choose to request Freedom of Information Act documents from the state of Michigan on their Medical Marihuana Program.  I was curious if anyone who is a caretaker/cardholder would be able to give me a short 3-5 minute phone interview regarding a few questions about being a member of the program.  Thanks!  Please e-mail me at schneibj@uwec.edu

• 5 months later...

I'm a new patient and still awaiting my acceptance from the state. I have a few questions that maybe some of you may be able to answer.

I don't know any caregivers and growing myself is not an option based on where I live. I anticipate going through a dispensary once I am legal. I see this as a good option as they have many different strains and I'll be able to find the one that works best for my condition and lifestyle. Since I am extremely busy and work a crazy amount of hours (many from home) I believe a good sativa strain may be my best option as it won't make me as sleepy as an indica. If I was to go through a caregiver, I would be relegated to whatever strain they are growing. I realize many of you think commercial dispensaries are not a good option but I see the benefit because of the options they provide. Am I not seeing the full picture here?

Edited by bc48059

A good caregiver will tailor his products to your needs.

Currently i'm working with 12 varieties and looking for a few specific things at a new patients request.

I tend to favor sativa based hybrids for the same reason you do, but new patient requires heavy indica strains so i'm adding a few more of those for her. Variety is important.

Finding a good caregiver in your area is probably the safest bet, but it can be a challenging task . 

Going to a dispensary has risks involved, educate yourself and be careful if that is what works for you. 

Good luck

A good caregiver will tailor his products to your needs.

Currently i'm working with 12 varieties and looking for a few specific things at a new patients request.

I tend to favor sativa based hybrids for the same reason you do, but new patient requires heavy indica strains so i'm adding a few more of those for her. Variety is important.

Finding a good caregiver in your area is probably the safest bet, but it can be a challenging task . 

Going to a dispensary has risks involved, educate yourself and be careful if that is what works for you. 

Good luck

You sound like a great caregiver. I need to do a bit more research on how to track down a reputable one in my area. I don't know anyone who has a card so I'm not sure where to begin. 

What risks are involved with a dispensary? I have researched a bunch of them and believe I have a few that seem like they run very nice and reputable establishments. I have to drive about an hour to get to one so it would be nice to find a caregiver closer to home to negate the driving risk, but I would never drive under the influence so that isn't really an issue. 

I am really interested in the non-smoking options as I think this may be better suited to my condition. I just hope I can find some knowledgeable people to help me find the options that will work best for me. I am really excited to get past the 21 days as it seems like a long time to wait to find relief when it's so close. If anyone knows a good caregiver with strain options that works out od the St. Clair County area, send me a PM. 

If there is another way to go about finding a caregiver in my area that I may not be aware of, I appreciate any help anyone may provide. I love this site and it's been extremely informative. Thank you all!