What Percentage Of Your Medication Came From Dispensaries?

142 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your medication came from dispensaries?

• 0 - 10%
    • 10 - 20%
    • 20 - 30%
    • 30 - 40%
    • 40 - 50%
    • 50 - 60%
    • 60 - 70%
    • 70 - 80%
    • 80 - 90%
    • 90 - 100%

Um he has 12 of my plants. I think I'm entitled to something

Does he?  I have met numerous caregivers with a full load of patients and have yet to find one who grows his maximum number.  So which 12 are yours?  Or which 4? 

Sorry to say, but your statement is a bit foolish.  It more or less implies that you expect your CG to sell meds to other people (illegally) in order to have the right to "your" 12 plants.  Is that really what you want?  You want a CG to grow 12 plants in your name, give you free meds, and sell the excess to make it worth his while.  Honestly, you're not looking for a caregiver; you're looking for a drug dealer.

Wildbill bawahahahahaha!

could be worth even more eh?

"he has my 12 plants"

Possesion is 9/10 of the law lmao

I think it is funny as hell when people actualy think the c.g has their 12 plants, the c.g has grow rights to your 12 plants, they are not yours, you gave up the right to grow when you checked the box pt doesnt posses plants!

did you say you found this one on craigs list? and he gave you a 1/4 for free?  so realy if you got a 1/4 for free, you can just consider that it cost you 10 bucks because now you have to send a change form in!

Better luck next time!

Peace

Wildbill bawahahahahaha!

could be worth even more eh?

"he has my 12 plants"

Possesion is 9/10 of the law lmao

I think it is funny as hell when people actualy think the c.g has their 12 plants, the c.g has grow rights to your 12 plants, they are not yours, you gave up the right to grow when you checked the box pt doesnt posses plants!

did you say you found this one on craigs list? and he gave you a 1/4 for free?  so realy if you got a 1/4 for free, you can just consider that it cost you 10 bucks because now you have to send a change form in!

Better luck next time!

Peace

Well said.

Um he has 12 of my plants. I think I'm entitled to something

Ok - so you think the CG enjoys some benefit for having the ability to grow 12 more plants?  That's fine.  What benefit do you see the CG having?  I mean, when you interview a CG and tell him you want free meds and he asks "What's in it for me?" How do you answer?  What is his increased benefit?  Just speak up. 

How does a CG benefit from the "right" to grow 12 more plants?  That's the only response I request from you.

Edited by Highlander

Ok - so you think the CG enjoys some benefit for having the ability to grow 12 more plants?  That's fine.  What benefit do you see the CG having?  I mean, when you interview a CG and tell him you want free meds and he asks "What's in it for me?" How do you answer?  What is his increased benefit?  Just speak up. 

How does a CG benefit from the "right" to grow 12 more plants?  That's the only response I request from you.

I'm not sure how he benefited, he changed his phone number and only had a po box listed on the paperwork. I'll let you know if I ever hear from him.

I'm not sure how he benefited, he changed his phone number and only had a po box listed on the paperwork. I'll let you know if I ever hear from him.

Ok thanks for the response.  But if you have an expectation that a CG will benefit from "growing your 12" and have stated as much here on this board, then you ought to have an idea as to what you believe his benefit to be.

You stated "Um he has 12 of my plants. I think I'm entitled to something"

So tell us what you are entitled to and why.

Ok thanks for the response.  But if you have an expectation that a CG will benefit from "growing your 12" and have stated as much here on this board, then you ought to have an idea as to what you believe his benefit to be.

You stated "Um he has 12 of my plants. I think I'm entitled to something"

So tell us what you are entitled to and why.

The ability to contact him and get some medicine????????????????? I think I am entitled to that. Yes?????????????  Wow this board is hostile to new members.

The ability to contact him and get some medicine????????????????? I think I am entitled to that. Yes?????????????  Wow this board is hostile to new members.

Not hostile to new members.  but when someone waltzes in and suggests that he is entitled to  free meds, he'd better be able to explain why. 

So why are you entitled to free meds?  You are the one who originally tossed out the idea of free meds.  So tell us why you're entitled to free meds.

Not hostile to new members.  but when someone waltzes in and suggests that he is entitled to  free meds, he'd better be able to explain why. 

So why are you entitled to free meds?  You are the one who originally tossed out the idea of free meds.  So tell us why you're entitled to free meds.

No you're right, any caregiver that offers free meds to a cancer patient is a drug dealing thug who belongs in prison. I will never make the mistake of returning to this board. Goodbye

No you're right, any caregiver that offers free meds to a cancer patient is a drug dealing thug who belongs in prison. I will never make the mistake of returning to this board. Goodbye

Ok, so you want to discuss cancer patients?  Great.  So what is your point?  You understand that a CG with a cancer patient can grow 12 plants for said patient, right?  And then you sign up with the same CG and hope that 10 of 12 of "your" plants' harvest will go to the cancer patient.  OK.  so you can get free meds.  I still don't understand your expectations.  You want a CG to supply a cancer patient and give you meds for free?  So does the cancer patient pay the bills for seeds/lights/nutes, etc?  Really?  You want to ride the back of a cancer patient because you have an expectation of free meds?  Where does the money come from?  Or are CGs expected to donate time and expenses?  Again, I ask you to articulate your expectations.  

Be a man/woman and just state what your expectations are.

Most CG's don't nor have a need to grow "12" plants per patient.  If ya have one patient,... well,... 10 or 12 plants may be needed between clones/veg/flower to keep a rotation going of a couple strains.  B8ut once ya get to like 24/36 plants...... I see few need more than that.  So usually when a patient says "my 12" when referring to their CG, it is usually more like 2-6; even less than one for most patients when fitted into  an existing rotation.

But yea,... the "entitled" comment was the the stickler,... no need to run away.

I will apologize to the board for any negativity I added to this thread, but honestly, it gets hard to read that patients expect free meds in exchange for the "right to grow 12 plants"  and not speak out. Truthfully, I have two current patients and have had past patients who get free meds - not because they granted me some "gift" of the ability to grow some plants but because they are scraping by on $600/month and I'm willing to work a little harder for them and my other patients are willing a pay a little more than my already value price for meds, knowing that they are helping others. 

I would never criticize a patient who wants free meds simply because they have no real alternative.  But when people show up and think they should get free meds for some other reason (such as a CG selling overages) this attitude really stains our program, it eliminates the idea of compassion, and sets unrealistic expectations for new patients - all of which are detrimental to the program overall. 

A friend of mine used to post here, and he made a good point.  Rather than a patient expect free meds so the CG can sell overages, how about the patient buys the meds at a fair price and sells the extras himself.  Better yet, how about the patient who thinks there is some magic that generates free meds and expects someone to work for free...how about he takes on the responsibility of "working" for free...let him sell the overages and give the profits back to the CG?

When I signed with my current c.g our deal was around every six wks I would get a finished plant, just cut and brought to me to dry and cure, It got to the point that I did not feel good about not donating $ to c.g for some of the cost or what ever c.g wanted to do with it, c.g would refuse my donations, I kept trying and finaly we came up with a better circumstance for c.g and it didnt hurt me at all, I still have this c.g and I pay for oz's now, he gives me clones, or vegged plants ready to budd, anything I ask for, I also help c.g, while my grow was shut down he blew out a ballast, I had a brand new one here that im getting ready to use when I start back up. so we do help each other, In the 3 yrs I have had my c.g I have never not had great quality mm from c.g. I have never ran out and when I can help c.g I do and vise versa, if I wanted to go back to our original verbal contract c.g would have no prob with it, but I know what can happen in grow rooms no matter how good you are, He allows me in the grow room, so nothing is secret, I know what c.g has going, and He never leaves me hanging nor me him!

I wish all could have a c.g as good as mine!

Peace

Should we be surprised by all the confusion after all the misinformation that was diseminated about overages and dispensaries early in the program?

What we encourage is 1/4 oz free a month till your meds are ready, then we go to a predetermined amount/month min.

The 1/4 a month culls out the drug seekers (problem child), right off the bat. We usually grow the min required for the patient to avoid overages. Of course we always accommodate the veterans and hardship cases.

Sometimes we need to increase plant count to introduce new genetics.

We turned out 8 more farmers this week...and we have almost a full class registered for next week.

In no time we are going to have an abundance of Sun Grown Organic Farmers spreading the Love.

Sun Grown........Naturally.

Edited by beourbud

The first, and every patient has been the same. the deal was I would grow enough to accommodate his needs, and make as many deliveries as desired, and won't deliver less than an ounce, and no more than 2.5. He agreed it would be easier if I had permission to grow 12 more plants on his behalf. He told me his monthly marijuana budget, and shared his needs and expected delivery details. I deliver his needs, plus a quarter ounce above every ounce he requested.  gram of oil and a couple grams of hash would be in there too. No part of that has changed. when I register a patient now, I gift a half ounce in 21 days, a sampler pack of whats in stock. I receive a full report of each, and every delivery after is the patients "best ever".  I have a farm share here and divide equally the amount of my harvests amongst my patients, in exchange for their monthly marijuana budget. They set their donation amount. works out great, always has.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the wildfire in Gaylord and reading this topic helped me understand my frustrations in finding solid meds and fair pricing today.  My last of the last assocciates with something worth smelling and medicating with has moved to greener hills.  Anyways, apparently I've picked a bad spot to be; between no access now, and my personal floral room being prepared.  As a patient, relying on a somewhat balanced supply,quality and exchange for the given month was simple and easy on both sides.  I'm a herbal hermit for the most part so I'd figure i'd say I'm one of those guys who did rely on dispens.'s and just wanted to talk about my experience-peace.

• 1 month later...

I think this is a great topic but am keenly aware some subjects are hard to discuss well over the computer.  Without tone and context that you can get form a face to face some times its hard to see each others perspectives, and I think that contributes a fair amount to tempers flaring.   Also this is a emotional subject, medicine and money.

I started as a patient could not get quality reliable meds so I was able to and willing to step up and start growing.  I have a full load of patients some have less means then others so some donate less then others.  I am a very highly skilled grower, and donations are key to me growing, patients needs meds and this is a odd situation for them in that the cost of them is not covered by insurance like other meds are.  Bottom line is caregivers and patients alike need to see each others point of view and if you are with a person that you don't see eye to eye with find a relationship that does work.

I am against free meds, it devalues the caregiver and set the patient up to not value there medicine, you don't value what is free.  That being said I have not had to turn people away.  For example I have a patient that is a mother of young children and her finances are very limited.  She prefers candies for a lot of medicating situations, so I provide her mostly hash, she makes candies for herself and give me back the extra which I can then pass onto other patients, so we trade services if you will.  I think its key to take the time to understand the situation and then find a solve.

Wishing you all wellness 

I think this is a great topic but am keenly aware some subjects are hard to discuss well over the computer.  Without tone and context that you can get form a face to face some times its hard to see each others perspectives, and I think that contributes a fair amount to tempers flaring.   Also this is a emotional subject, medicine and money.

I started as a patient could not get quality reliable meds so I was able to and willing to step up and start growing.  I have a full load of patients some have less means then others so some donate less then others.  I am a very highly skilled grower, and donations are key to me growing, patients needs meds and this is a odd situation for them in that the cost of them is not covered by insurance like other meds are.  Bottom line is caregivers and patients alike need to see each others point of view and if you are with a person that you don't see eye to eye with find a relationship that does work.

I am against free meds, it devalues the caregiver and set the patient up to not value there medicine, you don't value what is free.  That being said I have not had to turn people away.  For example I have a patient that is a mother of young children and her finances are very limited.  She prefers candies for a lot of medicating situations, so I provide her mostly hash, she makes candies for herself and give me back the extra which I can then pass onto other patients, so we trade services if you will.  I think its key to take the time to understand the situation and then find a solve.

Wishing you all wellness 

Thanks

• 2 years later...

I'm late to this thread, but I haven't been here in a long time :)

I'm in the Muskegon area and we didn't have much in the way of dispensaries until the last couple of years.  I saw a lot of positive in it for patients and the community as a whole.  Lately, the powers that be have decided to shut them down and keep them down.  Leafly has a couple of listings for the GR area otherwise it is off to Lansing or Detroit if want to go to a dispensary.  Hopefully things will get better after the next election cycle, but I won't hold my breath.

What we encourage is 1/4 oz free a month till your meds are ready, then we go to a predetermined amount/month min.

We usually grow the min required for the patient to avoid overages. Of course we always accommodate the veterans and hardship cases.

Sometimes we need to increase plant count to introduce new genetics.

We turned ..and we

In no time we are going to have an abundance .