What Percentage Of Your Medication Came From Dispensaries?

142 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your medication came from dispensaries?

• 0 - 10%
    • 10 - 20%
    • 20 - 30%
    • 30 - 40%
    • 40 - 50%
    • 50 - 60%
    • 60 - 70%
    • 70 - 80%
    • 80 - 90%
    • 90 - 100%

Dispensarys are great, give they dont infringe upon the grow rights of patients and caregivers alike, and both are included in the design.

Thats not true they cobnstantly try to shut down cg, claiming that there meds are safer by far than ours.  there the ones causing us a lot of issues.. also claimning that home grows arne't safe

Dispensarys are great, give they dont infringe upon the grow rights of patients and caregivers alike, and both are included in the design.

are you saying dispensaries that do not infringe, or wish to , upon the grow rights of cg's.......are great?

and that both, the types that infringe upon cg's rights and the kind that do not, exist?

what kinds of things do you think the (bad disp) lobby woul dhave used against us

if they never found cannabis growing in poopy  ecoli  basements and moldy attics?  potency? genetics?  I wonder what straws would be grasped then by them.

I agree that there are dispensaries out there that just want to make money, not infringe on our rights at all, but fear even silent disp operators cast a dim light on us and our program at this time, at least to the anti's responsible for keeping us jailed.

Still, I'm sure it didn't help that everyone was against it because they thought it would take away grow rights.  If we had called and written, well, now I guess we'll never know but It may have countered the police unions calls during the final push.  Either way if we divide like that we'll never get any say and they'll write in the laws for us. 

The new version is definitely a step towards that goal of removing grow rights though.  Had it been a more lax dispensary system they wouldn't have that to use against home grows since that's just what would be supplying them.  Looks a lot better in retrospect I bet.

Still, I'm sure it didn't help that everyone was against it because they thought it would take away grow rights.  If we had called and written, well, now I guess we'll never know but It may have countered the police unions calls during the final push.  Either way if we divide like that we'll never get any say and they'll write in the laws for us. 

The new version is definitely a step towards that goal of removing grow rights though.  Had it been a more lax dispensary system they wouldn't have that to use against home grows since that's just what would be supplying them.  Looks a lot better in retrospect I bet.

it sure does, thats not to say i wont be one of the people competing for one of those licenses.

The tracking bill is horrid.  You cant mention the dispensary bill(HB 4209) without mentioning the tracking bill too(HB 4827).

aye, you are correct. In all honesty i hope the bills are squashed and the process starts over, maybe we can get this community to come together and get legislation passed thats beneficial to patients first and foremost(the current set of bills as a whole is not) and caregivers and dispensarys alike. Probable..no..possible..anything is possible.

• 5 months later...

I will apologize to the board for any negativity I added to this thread, but honestly, it gets hard to read that patients expect free meds in exchange for the "right to grow 12 plants"  and not speak out. Truthfully, I have two current patients and have had past patients who get free meds - not because they granted me some "gift" of the ability to grow some plants but because they are scraping by on $600/month and I'm willing to work a little harder for them and my other patients are willing a pay a little more than my already value price for meds, knowing that they are helping others. 

I would never criticize a patient who wants free meds simply because they have no real alternative.  But when people show up and think they should get free meds for some other reason (such as a CG selling overages) this attitude really stains our program, it eliminates the idea of compassion, and sets unrealistic expectations for new patients - all of which are detrimental to the program overall. 

A friend of mine used to post here, and he made a good point.  Rather than a patient expect free meds so the CG can sell overages, how about the patient buys the meds at a fair price and sells the extras himself.  Better yet, how about the patient who thinks there is some magic that generates free meds and expects someone to work for free...how about he takes on the responsibility of "working" for free...let him sell the overages and give the profits back to the CG?

How about when a CG signs you up as a patient and is never heard from again? Then he/she admits he/she is selling all of his overages for $200 per ounce? If he/she doesn't even give you the option to buy them and sell them? It really goes both ways, there are scammers that are CG as well as patients expecting free meds.

How about when a CG signs you up as a patient and is never heard from again? Then he/she admits he/she is selling all of his overages for $200 per ounce? If he/she doesn't even give you the option to buy them and sell them? It really goes both ways, there are scammers that are CG as well as patients expecting free meds.

how about sending in a quick change form.. drop em like a dog turd! THEN do this>>>>>

grow your own meds,then you will have all the free meds you want.. grow your own and leave cg's alone!! 

Edited by Willy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/7/2017 at 9:55 AM, Dalbert said:

some of us get free monthly meds from our CG's (1oz)-and that's why we are happy and never go into dispensaries nor ever have to-the math is easy 12 plants per patient figure 4 oz per plant(very modest 114gms dried per plant)  every 3 months you do the math (36oz- dried minimum )-smart CGs Honest CGs consider it an honor to be MMMCG's- and the cost to grow is $60 per 1000 HPS watt light for energy cost plus soil and nutes ventilation cooling ;) -about 100$ a month for all needs per light and 8 plants per 1000 w light................even 100$ on the open market and most CGS are eating  well-peeps in WA state attest to the same ;) aloha

Edited by MORE COWBELL

33 minutes ago, MORE COWBELL said:

some of us get free monthly meds from our CG's (1oz)-and that's why we are happy and never go into dispensaries nor ever have to-the math is easy 12 plants per patient figure 4 oz per plant(very modest 114gms dried per plant)  every 3 months you do the math (36oz- dried minimum )-smart CGs Honest CGs consider it an honor to be MMMCG's- and the cost to grow is $60 per 1000 HPS watt light for energy cost plus soil and nutes ventilation cooling ;) -about 100$ a month for all needs per light and 8 plants per 1000 w light................even 100$ on the open market and most CGS are eating  well-peeps in WA state attest to the same ;) aloha

Then who takes up your slack? Who pays your way? Do you know? Someone is paying for your freebee. There's no free lunch. You are eating someone else's lunch. 

Here's the deal;

A grow makes cannabis. The cannabis pays for the grow. It can be that all of it is the same price and the load is spread evenly among all the consumers. Or some pay more and some pay less. There's no secrets here. 

36 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

Then who takes up your slack? Who pays your way? Do you know? Someone is paying for your freebee. There's no free lunch. You are eating someone else's lunch. 

Here's the deal;

A grow makes cannabis. The cannabis pays for the grow. It can be that all of it is the same price and the load is spread evenly among all the consumers. Or some pay more and some pay less. There's no secrets here. 

This is true. I wasn't pointing fingers at any one caregiver....just the law in general. Where do you suppose these dispensaries are getting their product? To be honest, I walked into one and I was amazed at how much they had just sitting on the shelves. Overages from caregivers? Or just people growing it for the stores to make money? I mean, just in plain sight, there were many pounds of cannabis they were selling. Was this product grown to go to a patient or grown to sell to a dispensary so they can turn around and sell it to patients?

But....this IS a patient forum. Telling people there are dishonest people out there who use your name to grow massive amounts of cannabis so they can sell it to a dispensary shouldn't ruffle any patient feathers. Just like there are dishonest people in every walk of life. Willy had the correct answer, IMO. Grow your own and you won't have to count on anyone's honesty to get the meds you require.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:01 AM, zapatosunidos said:

You can go all the way and generally trash everybody in the program using individual experiences that cannot be validated, etc. Is that why you are posting on this thread? That is not going to work out long term.

Or you could go all the way to other unvalidated claims about how cannabis cures an illness. I have read people claim it cures lesions from MS patients. Well, I have MS and it's the reason I use cannabis. And hearing people claim it makes permanent lesions disappear? A claim that says it cures MS? I call BS, big time. I just happen to know better. Or hearing about how it cured someone's distant relatives cancer? My neighbor's brother's cousin's uncle's mother was cured by cannabis.....yeah...uh-huh. I'm not saying it doesn't cure some types of cancer, just that much more research needs to be done. There are so many different types of cancer that it would be hard to say one medicine is the end-all, cure-all for all cancers. But, research would answer many of these unanswered questions. And I would think many of us would agree that this research is long, long overdue. At least, in the U.S.

30 minutes ago, Dalbert said:

This is true. I wasn't pointing fingers at any one caregiver....just the law in general. Where do you suppose these dispensaries are getting their product? To be honest, I walked into one and I was amazed at how much they had just sitting on the shelves. Overages from caregivers? Or just people growing it for the stores to make money? I mean, just in plain sight, there were many pounds of cannabis they were selling. Was this product grown to go to a patient or grown to sell to a dispensary so they can turn around and sell it to patients?

But....this IS a patient forum. Telling people there are dishonest people out there who use your name to grow massive amounts of cannabis so they can sell it to a dispensary shouldn't ruffle any patient feathers. Just like there are dishonest people in every walk of life. Willy had the correct answer, IMO. Grow your own and you won't have to count on anyone's honesty to get the meds you require.

I don't think that most of that on a dispensary shelf is legal overages. Just about none of it. I think it's laughable that someone would sign a patient to grow only 12 plant, stay completely legal on plant count, and take the overages illegally over to a dispensary. It could be true in theory but it doesn't make sense if you have real world experience. It is more likely that people who illegally supply the dispensaries are breaking all the rules any way they can. Growers for the dispensaries are not really part of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Program. They are just illegal cannabis growers. 

34 minutes ago, zapatosunidos said:

This is a complete non-sequitur. What I was trying to communicate in my previous comment is if you think the purpose of this site is to trash MMP participants, you are mistaken.

Again, I wasn't trying to trash any one participant or caregiver. Just a heads up from one patient to other patients, in the patient's forum. Yes, there are dishonest people in every walk of life. And there are caregivers out there who aren't very honest. The caregivers I have dealt with are very fine people, for the most part. I did run into a dishonest one who made false promises. I never cared if someone offered free meds. I have the resources to pay for them, even extra if it helps his other patients who can't afford them. I usually just want honest, affordable and quality meds. Not in that order...quality is probably first.  😁 

But it's all good. As far as I can tell, we're all in this together. 

while visiting washigton state this summer i bought off the shelf 1 oz vacuum bagged galaxy kush for 89$ tested at 22%thc that was a dispensary on first ave........ i could grow for myself but am too paranoid of thieves hence the CG who knows this is a MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIJUANA PROGRAM and without the patient there would be no caregiver and no livelihood for them- so my freebies are not really free considering licensing fees etc etc and as a true CG with heart i applaud him and am indebted to their kindness -Aloha sorry others have to pay for my overages

10 hours ago, MORE COWBELL said:

while visiting washigton state this summer i bought off the shelf 1 oz vacuum bagged galaxy kush for 89$ tested at 22%thc that was a dispensary on first ave........ i could grow for myself but am too paranoid of thieves hence the CG who knows this is a MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIJUANA PROGRAM and without the patient there would be no caregiver and no livelihood for them- so my freebies are not really free considering licensing fees etc etc and as a true CG with heart i applaud him and am indebted to their kindness -Aloha sorry others have to pay for my overages

Not real Kush. Real Kush is so much better but it doesn't produce like the knock offs so they can sell it to you much cheaper. You will not see strains like SFV OG Kush at the dispensary. 

3 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Not real Kush. Real Kush is so much better but it doesn't produce like the knock offs so they can sell it to you much cheaper. You will not see strains like SFV OG Kush at the dispensary. 

I've had several Kush strains. One of my favorites was a Master Kush my CG supplied me with a few years ago. I saw it at a dispensary and their strain, while inexpensive, gave me a headache. Very unusual. I usually never get headaches from using MMJ.

Edited by Dalbert