What Percentage Of Your Medication Came From Dispensaries?

142 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your medication came from dispensaries?

• 0 - 10%
    • 10 - 20%
    • 20 - 30%
    • 30 - 40%
    • 40 - 50%
    • 50 - 60%
    • 60 - 70%
    • 70 - 80%
    • 80 - 90%
    • 90 - 100%

If a group of Pts and Cgs came together and formed a provision center that operated as a farmers market they would become PC agents when they are performing as such. When they are not performing as such they would still be a Pt or a Cg. They would have to transfer the meds to the PC or PC agents. Once that happened they could have it function however they wanted too, as long as the community allowed such behavior.

They could also have non Pt/Cg PC agents that facilitate the transfers so that the Pt/Cg farmers can stay separated from the commercial entity. There are lots of possible ways to fit many methods into a PC or like entity.

It is true. Unless they become provisioning center agents and subject themselves to the regulation required.

That's exactly what I was suggesting. There would be nothing stopping them if it was okay with the local townies.

It isnt in a full contradiction. But it also does not allow a local ordinance to override the Act.... Well yet anyhow.

If that happens its doa. You won't get 75 percent of both Houses to vote for dispensaries, even if it does allow for Regulation of individual caregiver and patient grows.

Isnt a farmers market when pt's and cg's sell directly to patients to keep the costs lowest?

Otherwise it is just a dispensary right?

a farmers market is when the farmer brings the product to the market themselves... no matter how you define that location(dispensary).. it is a relationship void of a middleman.

If the PC operated on a non profit basis there is no reason why the pricing would change. There may be some over head costs but it could be very simple. If when the PC formed it formed under the agreed principles of a farmers market it could be done. The PC agents just handle the transferring to stay compliant with the law.

EDIT:

So there would have to be a middleman to stay compliant. The same effect could be achieved.

Edited by OG Fire Beaster

Refer to Zap's post.

It is creating a new entity that does not empower Cg's and patients. It creates a new class of people. No need to be part of the actual Program to reap the benefits of money from said program. With a farmers market, it empowers the participants of the program, the patients and caregivers, instead of likely utilizing outside sources strictly for commercial purposes.

That's exactly what I was suggesting. There would be nothing stopping them if it was okay with the local townies.

If that happens its doa. You won't get 75 percent of both Houses to vote for dispensaries, even if it does allow for Regulation of individual caregiver and patient grows.

Um, you sound so sure of yourself.

And what leads you to believe this?

ok so i read it word for word...

it would be difficult at best to do a farmers market.

with the wording as such and the required background checks, records required and potential testing... but not impossible i suppose...

i don't see where the PC is going to be allowed to grow anything. they have to obtain cannabis from the existing caregivers... for now...

but i see the problems with it. and the writing is clearly on the wall.

it is an act all to itself. new protections.

it would allow person to person sales of cannabis.

under strictly controlled environments.

it really does not take a leap in logic to see how very soon they would use it to strip our rights away and force any existing PC to only obtain cannabis from a given source.... theirs.. a state level source that is taxed, regulated and controlled.

so yes. very uncool.

and i must say... there is a farmers market possibility in this new legislation... but man.. its buried deep in there.. and unlikely to work...

a PC owner would not want to assume the risk of so many individual transactions since they all must be accurately labeled and recorded. to do so would put the owner of the PC even if it was a farmers market PC in serious risk of unintended infractions... and that from a risk assessment prospective would not be cool.

guess i better open a provisioning center... if i wanna stay in the game..

and by the wording of the initial presentation.... quickly... :)

because it said any existing would become grandfathered :)

man i am disappointed...

the last thing i wanted to do was approach this from a business prospective...

doomed to fail they are.

too much money = too much power = big time trouble

If it were to pass as written now, I believe some communities would do a good job of listening to what its members want and allow proper Pt/Cg overage based PCs. Others would create monstrosities that would probably not be frequented by those in the know. If I was willing to drive an hour before I would gladly drive 20 mins. to the next town over.