What Percentage Of Your Medication Came From Dispensaries?

142 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your medication came from dispensaries?

• 0 - 10%
    • 10 - 20%
    • 20 - 30%
    • 30 - 40%
    • 40 - 50%
    • 50 - 60%
    • 60 - 70%
    • 70 - 80%
    • 80 - 90%
    • 90 - 100%

it says they can acquire from a caregiver or an out of state patient but only to the amounts allowed by the mmma

it does in 2 say cultivate and manufacture.

(a) Purchasing or receiving marihuana seeds to grow medical

4 marihuana from visiting qualifying patients, registered qualifying

5 patients, registered primary caregivers, or provisioning centers.

(e) Possessing or manufacturing paraphernalia. ??

i parsed it the other day..

i thought it said one thing.....

but when you slow down.. consider everyone's input and read it again.. i must concede that it is not going in a direction i would probably end up supporting.

after reviewing it, i find it a near impossible situation where i would feel comfortable operating a farmers market.

it seems tailored to third party controlled transactions which would add tons of expenses to the end user and i do not support that pathway.

i had not considered the required records, background checks for all agents, security, blah blah blah... picturing instead the Jackson farmers market environment and allowing that vision to persuade me.

so after an interesting day of debating.. i find myself not supporting this legislation in anyway.

and i would consider actions to block it depending on which way things move.

like i said..

i feel like something is brewing... i know with all the people i am connected to there is a lot of... "talk" in the air.

i have said.. be careful what you wish for a thousand times this month.

and so now i must heed all the advice from the community as well as my own sentiment

and be careful what i wish for.

thank you everyone for the debates today i truly do enjoy the mental exercise.

I would LOVE me some "real" Farmers Markets where Caregivers and patients can come and sell their wares(unused medicine) to as many patients as possible. Sure thing.

But that requires expansion and amendment of the current Act. Sigh'....

But it is unfortunately the system i support.

As i have said in other thread, when we speak of "caregivers", MOST the time it is a Patient. Not always of course. But in general,.. it is almost repetitive to say caregiver. :-)

So really, a Farmers market is simply a valve for patients(who do not have drug felonies etc.) to sell their unused medicine. The only thing keeping a patient from being a caregiver in general is a felony if such transfers were allowed. And well, them powers that be do not like the idea of ex drug dealer felons making money off of this law. Thus why you will likely see 4271 amended to prevent more people from being dispensary owners and operators.

Anyhow,.. Farmers Market = Amending the MMMAct.

Talk about a conundrum.

It is worth remembering at this point according to the SAMHSA (that's the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration-a subset of the US Govt's Dept of Health)self-reported polling data cannabis consumption in Michigan is somewhere around 16,000,000 ounces a year. That is roughly five-hundred tons, something over 2500 pounds A DAY.

Once you get a handle on that number, it is easy to see even with the 25,000 or so caregivers there was plenty of room for dispensaries and still the 'other' non-mmj caregiver/dispensary market was still supplying around 75% of the end users.

It is the demographics that provide the best clue just how numerically challenged out legislators are when it comes to assigning priorities.

My totally irrelevant guess would be that 60% of patients have been to a dispensary at least once, even if it was just once for the experience of it.

I would guess that 1/3 of those use it as their only source, another 1/3 as a routine source, and another 1/3 as emergency/novelty.

The question is not very specific either. If I grow plants then a harvest would be a substantially larger amount then buying from a dispensary. That is why their is "overages".

If quantity was not a factor and it was percentage as a source, it would be much much higher.

All of it would be speculation though.

I know many people that didn't bother to renew their cards because they only got them to go the dispensaries. Their medical use was infrequent and the traditional black market suits their needs just fine.

Maybe. I guess it would depend on when their card expires. Also the non re-newers I am describing are not necessarily related to any recent development. This is an event I have noticed over the past 3 years. There was a time when probably 50% of the people I knew had a card. Most don't even bother with it anymore, they view it as more of a hassle than what has worked for them most of their lives and even opens them to more problems than actual benefit.

EDIT:Maybe to the first question. I agree with the second.

EDIT2: By most I mean most of the people I know that use cannabis.

Edited by OG Fire Beaster

This article from 9/27/12 states that there were currently 130,965 active participants with 29,896 caregivers.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1917200.html

The LARA site states that as of 1/31/13 there are 126,739 active participants with 26,404 caregivers.

Not a big difference but does show a negative trend.

EDIT: Where can we find the quarterly/annual reports? I would like to see some more of these numbers.

Edited by OG Fire Beaster

Maybe. I guess it would depend on when their card expires. Also the non re-newers I am describing are not necessarily related to any recent development. This is an event I have noticed over the past 3 years. There was a time when probably 50% of the people I knew had a card. Most don't even bother with it anymore, they view it as more of a hassle than what has worked for them most of their lives and even opens them to more problems than actual benefit.

EDIT:Maybe to the first question. I agree with the second.

EDIT2: By most I mean most of the people I know that use cannabis.

If someone views it as a hassle to be able to grow 12 marijuana plants for themselves, then I can see that they don't really understand the true dream they are living. It was such a HUGE gift we were given, from my point of view. It was one of the biggest gifts I have ever been given in my lifetime, I'm truely appreciative beyond words, but I really try hard to get there with words, as you can observe regularly.

Yeah Rest. And a lot of people don't know what it was like back in the day to come home every day with a constant background nagging fear of finding a driveway full of cop cars and a pile of plants. Long ago a guy across the street from where I lived at the time got raided for growing in an old barn. The cops took every including the land . One day I turned the corner onto my street to see flashing lights in front of my house. I felt like time stood still while I drove that half-mile. It ended up being a traffic accident but I was so paranoid that I took down my whole grow. Not many people know what it is like to have to kill a bunch of perfectly healthy plants.

I remember someone posting here a few years ago about how growing was one of the coolest things he ever did, and that he had done some pretty school stuff.

I went through a period of years when I didn't use cannabis and didn't know anyone who used cannabis....but I still gre a few cycles for fun and ended up composting the end product..I told myself at the time that I was growing because someone said I couldn't. I know now that I was growing be ause once you learn to do it well. It is very hard to stop.

Some people just don't identify with this. I know several CGs who know they'd be better off all the way around just to pay a couple hundred bucks a month and have one of the others grow for them. Several of us put nearly every dime back into the grow and pay the utility bill after the shutoff notice arrives every single month. But none of us want to stop growing.

You make a good point about how much it means to some people to hang onto this gift. This is why I have taken a very conservative approach since day 1. Probably 95% of the people who voted yes are not involved with MMJ. I still appreciate that.