What Percentage Of Your Medication Came From Dispensaries?

142 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your medication came from dispensaries?

• 0 - 10%
    • 10 - 20%
    • 20 - 30%
    • 30 - 40%
    • 40 - 50%
    • 50 - 60%
    • 60 - 70%
    • 70 - 80%
    • 80 - 90%
    • 90 - 100%

Just human cash registers in a business of helping sick people. It is what it is. Much like a 7-11 but this is about medicine not munchies. You really can't logically compare a 7-11 to a caregiver can you? But you can do that with a dispensary. Excellent point you made John, in a round about way.

some are human cash registers rest..

for sure

just like many other stores are...

and yes i would absolutely equate a 7-11 to a dispensary.

it is the very same sales technique.

open 24 hours a day. ready and there when you are..no matter what. so you pay more for that.

there's a gas station in my town that 20 years ago did wrong by me.

now i haven't been back in that gas station since... it is still open. it does not mean i don't support gas stations in general.. just that particular one because they overcharged me and would not make it right.

so i blacklisted them.

that one store.

for the actions that happened to me personally... i would never accuse all gas stations because of their actions, i just won't go back. plenty of other people still do.. but i choose to exercise my rights and purchase where i see fit. not where someone else does.

so when i hear people slamming dispensaries..(particularly when some have not even entered one to find out what their intentions are [in fact doesn't that make these class of complainers all irrelevant because their information is all based on hearsay?]) it makes me sad for my industry as a whole.

it means that there is another ulterior motive taking place on the opposite end of the argument spectrum.

i am not singling anyone out.

i am saying i have personally visited several dispensaries (never bought anything) (asked everyone if they would wholesale from me ans how to gauge responses) and then rated them based on their operation and presentation.. not on the industry as a whole.

look if someone does not support dispensaries, that fine. i can understand that. but for me to sit by idly and listen to people condemn the entire system of distribution because it does not fit into their tidy definition of legal i get defensive.

i support farmers market style distribution absolutely and wholly.

i also think there are protections already in place to back up that position... but since i am not in a financial position to test my theory i cannot push the limits of my beliefs.

i do however think people in general need to relax a bit about the distribution models.. and leave it up to the individual communities to regulate.. what is so wrong with that?

if your community does not want any distribution, there won't be any.

if they want it... there should be. it really should be that simple... and so what if a PC has more rights than i do as a patient... do i judge other laws with the same audacity?

no i accept the position of my place..

if i want more rights, then i need to open a PC. not complain because they might be allowed to transfer to each other.

i will fight them hammer and nails if any one of them say in quotes that they are after my grow rights.

in my community.. we could ban together and shut those folks out.

no problems.

we need a distribution network.. and i support the progress to get one.

that's how cannabis works... it is trial and error. it is grown by hundred and thousands of people thousands of ways and with tens of thousands of different results...

we need a well supported distribution system to further the availability and awesome healing knowledge available in this plant.

for convenience to attain medicine as well as the ability to spread knowledge.

well if your community does not want a dispensary, and the majority of them decide that..

then that's the rule.

i have seen nothing to indicate this legislation will or does anything to the caregiver to 5 patient supply relationship.

i would condemn and attack any person or group of people that professes any attempt to remove the caregiver or patient from the equation.

this legislation does not do that.

it allows community's to decide on their own merits...by majority rule.....the way it is supposed to be.

if your community does not want any distribution, there won't be any.

Sweet! But totally unrealistic. Who EVER gets acurately represented by their community? You get represented by money interests. If you find a local community that's different than that I want to move there. Their population would have to be 1, and they would have to be poor and hiding.

well if your community does not want a dispensary, and the majority of them decide that..

then that's the rule.

i have seen nothing to indicate this legislation will or does anything to the caregiver to 5 patient supply relationship.

i would condemn and attack any person or group of people that professes any attempt to remove the caregiver or patient from the equation.

this legislation does not do that.

it allows community's to decide on their own merits...by majority rule.....the way it is supposed to be.

No it's not the rule and we will fight that until our law is stripped from our curled and arthritic fingers. Make no mistake about that.

rest...

it is not a perfect world

but in my community we went and did everything in our power to stop them from zoning caregivers out of residential.

and they eventually passed it anyways.

it sucks for sure.. but to change it we, in my town have to continue to fight it.

that's the way it works

majority vote. the board voted and they made decisions based on community input.

we lost.

it happens.

we all adjust our game plan and move on to the next battle.

is zoning enforceable?

yes and no.

so now what? it is already going on in many many communities... and this new legislation does not give any more power to a local community than a zoning offense does.. it is just different punishment for violations.

they passed zoning..no caregivers in any zone other than industrial or WB reuse.

rest...

it is not a perfect world

but in my community we went and did everything in our power to stop them from zoning caregivers out of residential.

and they eventually passed it anyways.

it sucks for sure.. but to change it we, in my town have to continue to fight it.

that's the way it works

majority vote. the board voted and they made decisions based on community input.

we lost.

it happens.

we all adjust our game plan and move on to the next battle.

is zoning enforceable?

yes and no.

so now what? it is already going on in many many communities... and this new legislation does not give any more power to a local community than a zoning offense does.. it is just different punishment for violations.

they passed zoning..no caregivers in any zone other than industrial or WB reuse.

Are you saying misery loves company so come and join us? I'm not laying down for zoning. This new legislation turns a zoning violation into a criminal offense. You are saying that you tucked tail and ran because you would get a 'ticket'. I would have waited to get a ticket and paid it. This legislature takes away that choice too.

Edited by Restorium2

you can..

i support your efforts to thwart the majority in your community.

and will gladly help if the situation calls for it.

You are not paying attention and reading my posts. You are just shooting from the hip now. I said that we NEVER are represented by the majority in our communities. What part of that didn't you understand? I said the majority of the MONEY in your community represents you.

Are you saying misery loves company so come and join us? I'm not laying down for zoning. This new legislation turns a zoning violation into a criminal offense. You are saying that you tucked tail and ran because you would get a 'ticket'. I would have waited to get a ticket and paid it. This legislature takes away that choice too.

no i am not saying that at all.

we didnt tuck anything and go anywhere..

we are still fighting.

they cannot take away the caregiver patient system without 75% majority and a rewrite of MCL 324.421

this legislation is stand alone.

it cannot supersede the act.

You better read that bill again bro. You are obviously trying to read it thru rose colored glasses. We already showed you where the door is open for them to do just that.

MML

they cannot take away the caregiver patient system without 75% majority and a rewrite of MCL 324.421

no i am not saying that at all.

we didnt tuck anything and go anywhere..

we are still fighting.

Who have you been listening to that has filled you up so full of it?

Do you understand the process of proving something supercedes something else when applied to the laws? You get screwed royally FOR YEARS even if you are in the right.

You need to do some serious studying up on this 'idea' you are stating like it's a fact. It's uncharacteristic for you John. Never have I seen you be so wrong at a time when we have so much to lose.

Who have you been listening to that has filled you up so full of it?

Do you understand the process of proving something supercedes something else when applied to the laws? You get screwed royally FOR YEARS even if you are in the right.

i have been going to township meetings and expressing my beliefs to those who are making the changes.

but to answer your question...yes.

and apparently you understand it as well... no one said it was going to be easy.

i have been going to township meetings and expressing my beliefs to those who are making the changes.

but to answer your question...yes.

and apparently you understand it as well... no one said it was going to be easy.

It's going to be next to impossible when folks like you are saying that it's just the way things are and go and lay down because it's coming to town. I'm convinced we are winning this one. It's the next one that is going to be harder to fight. These dispensary cats are bunglers compared to the real threat down the road a stretch.

Schuette said he was done adjusting medical cannabis. If we could just get there ourselves then maybe we would have a few years of peace.

wtf your suggesting we believe shooty now? you know what else he said? this law makes disp legal. and no we need to fix the law, for people with terminal and or other more serious issues there needs to be a safety net, an option. if the crop fails people suffer and or die, thats wrong helps no ones, possible pads pockets that's it. you wouldn't feel comfortable with only one option for your food, its insane it expect it from cancer pts.

It is my understanding that the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act supersedes all other regulations. Therefore communities are unable to regulate caregivers no matter how badly they may want to.

The only ones that would be effected by community regulations are commercial operations.

Caregivers are not commercial operations, they are merely concerned with assisting the ill with obtaining their medication.

If any caregivers are concerned about being labeled "commercial" I would suggest that you work up a profit/loss spreadsheet.

My bet is you don't make enough money for anyone, even someone as intellectually challenged as Bill Shuette, to try to class you as a commercial operation.

agreed and just so we are clear...

i never said loosing is just the way it is, and we should give up or give in.

i stand behind wanting farmers markets in my community.

and i know my community would welcome them so long as they were specific to a certain set of controls and rules.

and this legislation gives communities the ability to do just that.

so lets not through out the baby with the water...

lets look at this from a positive perspective and change the threats... not scrap the entire thing.

we all know

if it has traction it will go through.

at 0420

so lets make them write it the way we want... rather than tell everyone to dump it. thats all i mean with my comments.