Og Kush Problems

Purple Urple

I know my soil isnt the greatest, but using promix doesnt tell me what is causing the leaves to do that.

Yup, I figured the answer might be good enough. When you use cheap soil mixes sensitive plants do exactly what your picture shows. Use pro mix and add the nutes that your plants thrive on. This is exactly like going to a restaurant that you know exactly what you are going to be served. You like that right? So do your plants. If you buy pro mix it's a blank slate you can carefully add to. If you want to know what OG Kush likes to eat just ask.

This is definitely the technique used by most of the members of Birmingham Compassion.

Has anyone ever compared ProMix head-to-head with pure coco? Restorium, I know you use GH nutrients, what kind of variation would one see just by changing the medium?

Almost no variation if all the mediums are a blank state. I find that we have to be strain specific when giving advice like this. I'm talking strictly about OG Kush. You can grow it in any blank slate medium with nearly the same results. I have ran it in my rainforest(aeroponics) and in pro mix, the yields and quality are nearly identical. So I don't bother growing it on my aeroponics rainforest anymore because it just didn't improve it much.

Promix/coco with GH Flora and KISS/supersoil are the most successful methods of growing used by members of our club, far and away. Automation has been fairly easy using drippers and draining to waste. Bubblebuckets, aero, and other recirculating systems have been nightmares for most, with the exception of a couple of great ebb and flow gardens.

Check out the Rainforest systems for your advanced class. There's nothing better. It lends well to complete automation. I can leave my grow alone for several weeks at a time.

This is definitely the technique used by most of the members of Birmingham Compassion.

Has anyone ever compared ProMix head-to-head with pure coco? Restorium, I know you use GH nutrients, what kind of variation would one see just by changing the medium?

I compared it to just a perlite medium and was little difference, promix a bit better

also use GH

Thank you for the replies. I did grow one OG Kush in the same mix and it turned out good. I also have one in a mini SCROG and it is doing great. The clones just do this after transplant, so I was wondering what it is lacking or has too much of? What do you folks with experience growing this strain recommend? What does she look like she wants?

The pic is the OG Kush in mini SCROG.

I grew some OG a while ago. My plants would get brown spots on the leaves and always look underfed. I added magnesium to the mix and the plant perked right up. I just added 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. of Epsom salts per gallon of nutrient water. They apparently like lots of Mg.

Oh, I also agree with everyone's assessment of Pro-Mix Bx. I tried every brand of sphagnum peat out there before going to Pro-Mix Bx. It is the best. I don't know why, but I suspect that they know what they are doing. I always had pH issues with other brands. Zero issues with Bx.

Edited by Chauncy Gardner

Use pro-mix if you do not have the brain to build something better for less money. Never used promix and had no probs with growth of og 18.

You can build whatever you want if you have the raw material. Purple urple it might just be a bad seed turned into weak plant?

I have never used pre-made soil. No problems here.

As I stated before, my soil mix has been fine for my other girls, so my brain works fine. This OG just seems a little more finicky. I will just keep working with her and figure out what she needs.

The original plant came from a single seed a friend found in a bag he got and greminated, then gave me clones. So it very well could be week genetics. Just gonna give her some time.

As I stated before, my soil mix has been fine for my other girls, so my brain works fine. This OG just seems a little more finicky. I will just keep working with her and figure out what she needs.

The original plant came from a single seed a friend found in a bag he got and greminated, then gave me clones. So it very well could be week genetics. Just gonna give her some time.

Bacto. Plain at first. They start adding Fox Farms Grow Big at 3-4 tablespoons a gallon (when you water). You will thank me later. Just print yourself off a Fox Farms feeding schedule and follow it like it's the holy grail. You will get about 3-4 ounces of medical a plant(if you have the real deal strain). It's one of the really good strains out there.

I know your brain is fine... I was just sharing view with R and R to me is Restorium2. You don't need special soil as you already know purple urple. You need good soil but again can make yourself better and cheaper "if you choose" then this stuff gardeners cannot grow without "promix"

I know your brain is fine... I was just sharing view with R and R to me is Restorium2. You don't need special soil as you already know purple urple. You need good soil but again can make yourself better and cheaper "if you choose" then this stuff gardeners cannot grow without "promix"

You can mess with your miracle grow soil all you want hic. If you want to take things to the next level then you might want to listen up.

Bacto. Plain at first. They start adding Fox Farms Grow Big at 3-4 tablespoons a gallon (when you water). You will thank me later. Just print yourself off a Fox Farms feeding schedule and follow it like it's the holy grail. You will get about 3-4 ounces of medical a plant(if you have the real deal strain). It's one of the really good strains out there.

seems kinda strong for me rest. would be easy to over feed them.

seems kinda strong for me rest. would be easy to over feed them.

Yes, you are right. I made a mistake on the tablespoons per gallon. I'm using 3 gallon jugs for watering and I use 3-4 tablespoons per 3 gallon jug. Thanks for the correction. The best thing to do is follow the feeding schedule.