What Good Is A Card Without A Caregiver?

tricharious

Due to recent findings from the supreme court, patients are not allowed to buy from shops or other patients. This means a patient can only purchase from their designated caregiver. What happens if a registered patient gets busted in possession of medical marijuana but doesn't have a registered caregiver? Won't the authorities recognize this discrepancy and assume that the cannabis was acquired through the black market? Exactly how useful is getting certified if you have no legal means of obtaining your medicine?

I plan on getting certified for my own legal protection but how protected are you really?

I'd like people to list reasons for getting certified whether they pertain to the subject matter of this post or not.

Also, if you were to become your own caregiver what exactly does an enclosed and locked facility constitute? What of you live with someone who is not certified, can you still grow on your own home? Where might I find information about becoming your own caregiver, setting up a small grow op, and making sure you're abiding by the law?

Thanks,

b_lucky

Edited by b_lucky

your card will keep you out of jail, most of the time, and pt's can aquire anywhere it is the person supplying it that needs to worry!

Peace

Jim

Get your card already and than take your time and find a good c.g, your not gonna find a good one your first time on the internet, and I dont think there are to many on craigs list, lmao, well I mean im sure their are more c.g's than pt's on craigs list, Hey while your looking, I need a truck, it dont have to be 4 wheel drive, but has to be an 8 cylinder, pretty nice shape and be able to haul my 28ft camper! Thanks!

http://www.theoaklan...?mobredir=false

well I know that dispensaries are not legal and according to this link it would seem that while they were deciding the Mount Pleasant case it's also been decided that patient to patient sales are not legal.

so if you get pulled over and you're registered what do they just let you go? or are they going to press charges and try and find some kind of crap to nail you on...? that probably depends on the officer id imagine.

Edited by b_lucky

Exactly, b-lucky! The patient has several options available to him because patients are not restricted in how they obtain the medicine. If I go out and buy something from a guy delivering at the parking lot of a local business, and the police nab me and the seller, I should be allowed to go free from the encounter. The seller, however, will likely have to spend at least one night in a cold and dangerous jail cell. With some forethought and discretion no one should be going to jail at all... Peace ... j.b.

that's excellent follow up advice cristinew

and remember everybody that Miranda is a reminder of your existing rights.

anything you say CAN and WILL be used AGAINST you.

not for you...ever.

against you.

so always be sure you are aware of your surroundings and be as safe as possible.

there are a lot of really good caregivers out here willing and able to help...

my personal advice is to remember that communication is always the key...first and foremost do you feel safe and comfortable talking with this person...

This is a good thread and while most of us CGs were aware of the risk discrepancy a lot of patients were not, especially new pts with no former CG besides a dispensary.

And exactly highlights the reasons your CG may be a bit "edgy" meeting new patients. So please bear with him and be legal, safe, peaceful, you have nothing to lose a a good friend to gain.

that's excellent follow up advice cristinew

and remember everybody that Miranda is a reminder of your existing rights.

anything you say CAN and WILL be used AGAINST you.

not for you...ever.

against you.

so always be sure you are aware of your surroundings and be as safe as possible.

there are a lot of really good caregivers out here willing and able to help...

my personal advice is to remember that communication is always the key...first and foremost do you feel safe and comfortable talking with this person...

Best advice there Mibrains make sure you feel comfortable.

B_Lucky, You might want to read - and fully understand the law - before committing yourself. You might find that you can grow your own, or where you can get marihuana, and/or how you might be protected. You will find that you can not be your own caregiver. Certification does not allow you to purchase anything, but it can offer you some protection on your purchase. Having a card is another level of protection.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.theoaklan...?mobredir=false

well I know that dispensaries are now legal and according to this link it would seem that while they were deciding the Mount Pleasant case it's also been decided that patient to patient sales are not legal.

so if you get pulled over and you're registered what do they just let you go? or are they going to press charges and try and find some kind of crap to nail you on...? that probably depends on the officer id imagine.

despenses are ilegal and p2p is ilegal for the pt supplying mm not the one recieving it, some think if no cash exchanges hands it is legal but it is not!

You realy should read the law, it dont take too long and than read it again, realy nothing has changed, the same things that were ilegal when they passed the law are still ilegal now!

Peace

Jim

Edited by phaquetoo

Ok what about his? About growing in a house with a non user or kids

As long as your grow is locked up it makes no difference if any one else in the house is legal or not. When my daughter was staying with me during her divorce her ex called CPS. I was at work when the stopped by the house, they asked her to see the grow. She took them as far as the dead bolted door and said this is as far as I can go I'm not allowed in the grow. They said good enough and left never heard another word about it.