Judge: Case Against Homeowners Charged With Pumping 'intense' Medical Marijuana Odor Can Go Forward

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill tell u the way i see it.

i was harvesting last summer.

ran to town.. left some windows in the back open with screens on.

came back and could literally smell the fresh cut cannabis all the way at my mailbox.

i freaked out.

for certain and have taken many precautions since to ensure that scent never reaches the nostrils of anyone in my neighborhood... let alone give my neighbor a chance to complain about it.

but that is me. i don't want any trouble. some select few of my neighbors know. and they watch my house for me.

but i would never want to create a reason for the township to get involved...who wins in that scenario? nobody.

contain your smells folks.

please.

Sorry Zap. I thought I was being mild, lol. Read the earlier articles about it Resto. He was definitely rubbing his neighbors noses in it..

Right, But when things get to this point we need to see the wider reaching posibilities and put aside the particulars of this case, and see that we need to have some sort of protection against those that think we stink. It think they stink because of their zoning ideas. Who is going to be the stink decider when you have obviously biased noses doing the deciding?

ill tell u the way i see it.

i was harvesting last summer.

ran to town.. left some windows in the back open with screens on.

came back and could literally smell the fresh cut cannabis all the way at my mailbox.

i freaked out.

for certain and have taken many precautions since to ensure that scent never reaches the nostrils of anyone in my neighborhood... let alone give my neighbor a chance to complain about it.

but that is me. i don't want any trouble. some select few of my neighbors know. and they watch my house for me.

but i would never want to create a reason for the township to get involved...who wins in that scenario? nobody.

contain your smells folks.

please.

No one is saying that grows can't stink. You can think of a gazillion ways someone could possibly stink. The examples you can think of are endless. But what if you don't stink very much and they say you do? Think of a few examples like this. You get the idea.

I understand, but a normal caregiver growing an amount sufficient for 5 patients should not be finding themselves in this predicament. It is really simple to keep the odor down to undetectable levels. Engels folly has the potential to bite us in the rear totally unnecessarily.

I understand, but a normal caregiver growing an amount sufficient for 5 patients should not be finding themselves in this predicament. It is really simple to keep the odor down to undetectable levels. Engels folly has the potential to bite us in the rear totally unnecessarily.

Yes. But if the locals know you grow and want to say you stink how do you prove you don't?

I knew you were going to say that. That is why posted the proof above before you could say it.

Yeah, you're like a broken record with that particular paragraph.

I suppose it is proof, to some, that there is some nefarious evil scheme to remove individual rights to grow, create a nuisance for their neighbors, while being a total azs on purpose and a generally bad neighbor.

so you would think right..

mine was one plant i had harvested at least an hour prior..

very very skunky.

filled the whole area... i would not have believed it had i not been the one that walked into it :)

Yeah, you're like a broken record with that particular paragraph.

I suppose it is proof, to some, that there is some nefarious evil scheme to remove individual rights to grow, create a nuisance for their neighbors, while being a total azs on purpose and a generally bad neighbor.

BS. I said they went against state law and they did. Have some substance instead of doo doo. I posted published facts copied and pasted.

Unintended consequences yet again. And John, I understand bro. That is why I trim down in the grow room and also have a smaller carbon scrubber I fire up for the drying cabinet. I would love to sit in the kitchen or front room and trim but I also fully realize you would smell it all the way out to the road 100' away. So I don't ...

all i can say is while it is schedule one.

dont let any scent out.

someday maybe it will be different.

but if it can be smelled. it is a huge potential problem for a huge number of reasons.

That is not the issue here John. Of course what you are saying is true. But the issue is how do you prove you don't stink, if someone wrongly says you do, for whatever motives they have to say it?

That is not the issue here John. Of course what you are saying is true. But the issue is how do you prove you don't stink, if someone wrongly says you do, for whatever motives they have to say it?

i got ya...

if you have smell coming out... it is an issue.. but i see what you mean about how would you draw a limit on say... two neighbors who are feuding.. and one claims a false sense of smell or something like that...

SFC...

me too now... lesson learned :)

i would love to do it out on my back deck in the summer.....

i still treat it like it is a schedule one drug.

hey what do ya know... it is. :)

BS. I said they went against state law and they did. Have some substance instead of doo doo. I posted published facts copied and pasted.

I get it bro don't worry. They have no legal standing to do so, we already know that.

While the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act does give you the right to grow for up to 5 patients, it does not give you the right to be a total a-hole.

From what I have read and heard about this particular person, I wouldn't want him in my neighborhood either.

On second thought, maybe I would, just for bear bait....

It's really easy to show that you don't smell, all you need is a sealed room, co2 enrichment, and a heat pump. Or a few carbon filters, at least show that you're trying to make an effort to address the concerns of your neighbors, a good neighbor would do that.

Do I detect the underlying issue of 'dispensaries vs. individual care givers' here?

I also think there may be a market for someone that invents a 'stinkometer'.

BOTH individual growers AND dispensaries might be interested in such a gizmo.

And where's Mr. Gadgit when you need him?

Do I detect the underlying issue of 'dispensaries vs. individual care givers' here?

I also think there may be a market for someone that invents a 'stinkometer'.

BOTH individual growers AND dispensaries might be interested in such a gizmo.

And where's Mr. Gadgit when you need him?

There are already established ways to determine air quality.

Equipment to do such an analysis this can be purchased here

http://www.restek.com/Sample-Handling/Air-Sampling

Here is a standard that might be employed in such an analysis:

http://www.restek.com/catalog/view/6113

I really don't believe this one is a full on CG's versus Dispensaries issue, plus I think Engel was supplying them anyway. I obviously have no proof of that, just going by what I remember (vaguely). This really boils down to being a good neighbor.

I think we get a little caught up in our own advice. It's excellent advice to keep your grow a secret by not being stinky. There's a whole spectrum of smelliness to consider. Was it that the township officials could catch a whiff if they tried? Or is that darn stinky that you couldn't even stand to live next to it? The distinction needs to be made between the two different things. It's going to be next to impossible at times to guarantee no whiffs. If the standard to be able to grow is 100% undetectibility we are all in trouble. Whiff = ok. Stank= no go. Who decides?

There are already established ways to determine air quality.

Equipment to do such an analysis this can be purchased here

http://www.restek.co...ng/Air-Sampling

Here is a standard that might be employed in such an analysis:

http://www.restek.co...talog/view/6113

What you are proposing here would put Dutch in the clear. We aren't poluting the air to any extent.