Judge: Case Against Homeowners Charged With Pumping 'intense' Medical Marijuana Odor Can Go Forward

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This case represents a danger to every caregiver.

The judge in this case has just ruled that a local ordnance can trump the medical marijuana law.

Which gives me concern. This is in Washtenaw County. Also seems to indicate how the case might go.

They also have jampiled him with two cases. One for violating the Yopsi mmj law. The other being a nuisance.

That's a bunch of lawyer money all at once.

The bank may have filed their own paperwork ..

The MMMA doesn't require him to have filters. The MMMA doesn't require him to grow in a commercial space. Ypsi does.

He has limited his growing. He has had carbon filters since the first hint of a problem. He has complied with their demands. Yet they still chased after driving him from his home.

Now if they win, many other areas may get the idea it works. Bad for us.

This case represents a danger to every caregiver.

The judge in this case has just ruled that a local ordnance can trump the medical marijuana law.

Which gives me concern. This is in Washtenaw County. Also seems to indicate how the case might go.

They also have jampiled him with two cases. One for violating the Yopsi mmj law. The other being a nuisance.

That's a bunch of lawyer money all at once.

The bank may have filed their own paperwork ..

The MMMA doesn't require him to have filters. The MMMA doesn't require him to grow in a commercial space. Ypsi does.

He has limited his growing. He has had carbon filters since the first hint of a problem. He has complied with their demands. Yet they still chased after driving him from his home.

Now if they win, many other areas may get the idea it works. Bad for us.

When is his court day? I want to go

• 1 month later...

The defts certainly could be smarter and benefit themselves (and their neighbors) by containing odors. Seems as if they went looking for trouble...Of course the neighbors don't have to put up with it, as E and B are going to learn.

you assume that the article is based in fact and reality when it is not. This article and the attack by Ypsitown are part of a calculated effort to destroy the MMMA. The "defts' as you pejoratively refer to these patients are being attacked and lied about in the press and by ONE neighbor who has decided the smell of A skunk is the smell of THE skunk that WE are growing for our selves. Only FOOLS believe what is written in the press.

When is his court day? I want to go

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANY ODOR PRODUCED BY US AT THIS LOCATION. XXXX, who lives next door attempted to get free weed in exchange for his silence. We have been investigated by DEA, CPS and BillyBONG's BOY's Thanks for the support.

Edited by mibrains

Mattew Abel et al have been retained to defend our rights as patients in our home. 

WE have never released any odors. There have ALWAYS been air scrubbers in place.

ONE neighbor who failed to extort Free Weed from us in exchange for not making trouble is behind all of this BS. XXXX has complained to DEA, CPS, BillyBONG and Ypsitown Former cop Mike Radzik in charge of the ordinance department at yspitown.

their ordinance seeks to limit patients growing for themselves. This law regulates patients AND caregivers.

All four articles are LIES from cops who have "confused" the smell of A skunk with the smell of THE skunk

Thank you to the MMMA community for all the support. :-{

Edited by mibrains
removed personal info

i agree...

the bundle of rights contained in a warranty deed includes the right to not be burdened by a neighbors scent.

that law will supersede the MMMA as it is clearly a property right... and was in place long before the MMMA.

you have a right to grow.. and be a caregiver probably.. but not to be a "public nuisance"

and a noxious scent emulating from your residence can be proven as a nuisance as much if not more than what just happened with the SC in McQueen.

why can't they just fix it?

why do people fight these kinds of things... i mean. come on... GET A CARBON FILTER please.

why invite legislators to fix a problem we should be regulating ourselves.

your ignorance and willingness to believe propaganda leave me wondering Whose Side are you on officer?

Edited by mibrains

I can say this is a struggle between different "rights and/or privileges". But i am giving what is likely the middle ground decision you may see from something like this.

I am talking warning to abate problem,.. minor fine,... another fine... blah blah.

But they can;t ban a cg in their home from medical use imo.

And yes,.. if ya wanna see what one of the MAIN people involved with 4271/5580 pushed for and got in Ypsilanti,.. resto's post nailed it down on the ordinance language there.

Pay attention people. Expect assurances followed up by crocodile tears when all goes awry.  I am an agent provacateur

Engel is an XXXX and many of us can remember him from here. Totally oblivious. It is too bad because this is such a simple thing to avoid yet just to be aXXXX the ball is now rolling.

u don't have the courage to say that to my face. I am in yspi and u can find me anytime if you want to discuss anything with me face to face. entartete schlempe there has never been an odor. XXXX?

Edited by mibrains

I think they did have twp officials out there to Engels and they did all smell it. What is your reasonable level of proof?

no they had two cops who confused the smell of a skunk with a cannabis plant and that has been proven and Matt Abel will be dealing with these prohibitionists right soon. When the dust settles WE will Remember People Like you.

as I read these replies and this debate it becomes obvious that there are lot of XXXX on this site. XXXX who cannot read and think about what was written or who make assumptions or who joust with their own strawmen. Ypsitown passed an ordinance that targets Patients and Caregivers and essentially could be used to gut the MMMA one jurisdiction at a time and the debate here is whether or not we should LOSE OUR HOME which is what Ypsitown is trying to do. WE would be homeless now were it not for the thousands in legal fees spent to FIGHT A LIE. 

Edited by mibrains

While I kinda feel bad for Mike I can't help but think he brought this on himself.

Ypsterdam lol.

To be sure he is not helping the cause in any way by getting so much negative attention.

how did I bring this on myself? R u the guy who tried to kick in my door when i was staying in the place I called Ypsterdam...not many people know that. There has never been any smell. It is all based on my public advocacy (an Mlive article to be exact) and LIES by cops.

your ignorance and willingness to believe propaganda leave me wondering Whose Side are you on officer?

im not sure why you would call me an officer..

i am about as far from an officer as it gets..

but whatever your entitled to your opinion.

my ignorance? 

my willingness to listen to propaganda? 

nice try...

good luck with your fight. 

i hope you find the peace your searching for. 

Yea, it is all a big conspiracy Dutch. You have been singled out above all other caregivers right?  I don't think so.  And careful about challenges, you are in no position to do so and have no idea. The last thing you need is an arse whoopin to go along with the rest of your legal troubles. But, you have never been as bright as you liked to think you are.  That being said, good luck.  Matt can at times be brilliant and at times not so much.  

Edited by SFC

Everyone who grows does have odors escape now and then I'm sure. You might catch a whiff. But there's a big difference between a whiff and something to complain about to the city. Lets focus on that difference here. We don't want just a small whiff of cannabis to be something to be smacked down for. If this 'problem' is held in context then I think that all the 'hot air' will go out of this balloon. It's EASY to make your small annonymous private grow not a 'smell hazzard'. How about a huge warehouse grow for a dispensary? That would be something to complain about. It would be like a sugar beat factory, or a cheese factory. You can smells those for miles and miles. The city wants to zone away small grows and put large warehouse grows in their place. They can't logically use this smell problem, from a small grow, to justify having warehouse grows. It's another ploy paid for by dispensaries to limit caregivers and create their monopolies. Don't let the smell fool you.

Because they are making some folks a lot of money G. A ton of money. It's a dam in the stream, used to siphon off some of what patients have to spend, and put it in the pockets of those that enjoy the fruits of their paid for ordinances. When you have a warehouse grow supplying a dispensary, and no one else can grow in that area, you just might want to keep it at all costs.

Well enough. Should we address our resources toward it: suggest that legal action is likely, some activist theater, and press involvement?

I have to wonder if the SC agreed to hear Ter Beek because there is no indication that municipalities and townships intend to comply with  the COA decision. It is clear that they fully intend to keep these prohibitions on their books, and will use them against us. Could it be that they understand this, and find it necessary to weigh in so to compel compliance in the absence of action in response to the lower court ruling?

Well enough. Should we address our resources toward it: suggest that legal action is likely, some activist theater, and press involvement?

I have to wonder if the SC agreed to hear Ter Beek because there is no indication that municipalities and townships intend to comply with  the COA decision. It is clear that they fully intend to keep these prohibitions on their books, and will use them against us. Could it be that they understand this, and find it necessary to weigh in so to compel compliance in the absence of action in response to the lower court ruling?

I guess this is why we have feds? Just keep it real and keep this issue right out in the light. There are warehouse grows supplying illegal dispensaries. We already pay taxes to have that taken care of for us. I would rather be fighting FOR dispensaries. But they made their fluffy beds out of the lint left on the change they shook from our pockets. Let the feds do their job and put things back in the hands of the small, legal, annonymous, sweet smelling, grows. It's the law.

Yup. I'm sure it sounds like a bad idea to anyone who hasn't been paying close attention. It's an easy 'spin' to say that anyone who would want to use the federal tool to do any job at all is a bad idea, especially in our camp. We have a lot of fed haters amongst our ranks, some of it for good reasons.

Yea I dont want the feds on ANYONE in this community..... ANYONE......  These ordinanaces and harrasments cannot stand. Good luck on your fight with the city and your crooked neighbor...... Trying to get free weed and then snitch and lie when he cant...... Another person that should be working with us working against us..... Really gets old.