Without Dispensaries Are Patients Being Forced To Obtain Mm In Dangerous Back Alleys?

roadworkahead

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally,I think the freedom to say what you think is something we need to PROTECT. You don't have to agree. But don't take that right away from us. If you are too thin skinned for it then stay away. Simple solution.

that would be great, and personally I agree.... But this isnt a truck forum, or a hunting forum. Yes im positive there are people with thin skin here, maybe even skin cancer or aids. If all of this is to help them, then shouldn't we hold ourselves to a level they would deem acceptable? Im not very good at it, but i bite my tongue here daily, for that very reason.

forcing legitimate patients to obtain medical marijuana in dangerous back alleys

wow that says it all.... why not they set up a network for patients to find caregivers,?

who is they? you want the state to get more involved in pt/cg biz? not me, they can have their despenses, I truly dont care one way or the other, the only thing i realy care about is the pt/cg system as is, leave it alone, if they do despense's put it on there own bill or wtf ever,(i dont think i would do well talking to the reps or any one with authority)

It would be a real good Idea to just have a site for c.g's and pt's to get into contact with each other, maybe it could be a usa site for all states that have legal mm and as more jump on board they get added, we dont charge them for a slot or advertising spot, one spot is the whole deal and every site that has to do with mm or mj or anything to do with mj should put that site on their site, state by state, and make it user friendly, who is good with computers, I know it dont cost that much to get a website, and I also know it takes alot of help to keep it upto date and try and screen out the bad people! there are bad pt's and bad c.g's and im sure most of you have met both types!

We need a place for pt's that cant get out to be able to find sites online, Im all for c.c's also, but if ya cant get people their its hard to help some one that truly needs help, if people that cant get their mm got a rec and did the app with the state, well whether the did it them selves or had some one do it for them, they can find a site with pts and c.g's, so im tired of hearing that b.s, If a pt got registered they can find a way to hook up with a c.g if they cant grow, I know I know but but they got certified by mail and there was a despense just down the street when they got into this,,,,,,there should not have been a despense down the street, they were ilegal from the beginning, so now use your dialing finger, call your kid or grand kids and get your meds!

Peace

Jim

edit= I would rather have a beginner c.g that is family than no c.g, that c.g can get it with some manuvering that no one else needs to know about,,Yes they made it harder for pts that relyed on despenses, but they did not take there will and rights away, or the person that helped them get registered, Once again if the pt got registered they should be able to get help to aquire meds! remember a pt can aquire meds any where, it is the person transfering it to said pt that needs to worry about our law! that has not changed from day one, it may have made a whole lot of people take off their rose colored sunglasses, and maybe alot of them c.g's who spent a fortune on a great grow room and all the exspense that goes with it, the no longer have a depense to get a pay day or recoup their equip, nutes, electric, bulbs, well you get the picture, always need something more, and you should always have back up parts, and god forbid a power failure at the wrong time, or any time!

most people jumped the gun, and just did to much even the dr.'s and despenses and those supplying them and 5 pt's so they could get enough for their pt's and the despenses and maybe put some steak on the dinner table, short dream for alot of people, now there down to pork n beans and shut off notices, and hoods with burnt out bulbs they cant afford, fans broken, ballest, man it never ends!

I have a realy hard time believing there are pts out there that dont have family or friends that know they have their card, and cant help them, there realy cant be many, I mean come on think about it, did their primary dr. recomend mm? if so I would think they would ask him/her also, every thing gets blown way out of proportion, their just cant be that many, and if so they have to have some one that can take care of them, do I realy need to come out and explain this the real way? or can most of you folks just read between the lines, It is b.s!

If they were paying that much at despenses than they can afford to pay some one to go in that so called back alley to broker some for them!!!

Lets get Real and quit with the b.s, this is suppose to be a place to help pts, most pts and c.gs should use their common sense and just quit this b.s,,,get off of your pitty pot and take care of biz!

Edited by phaquetoo

I have very limited experience with dispensaries but judging from what I have seen the patient would probably better off buying in a back alley.

The quality is the same or better and the prices are lower.

I have recently noticed that there is now a demand for brown swag up north and prices of medical cannabis is on the rise. Non compassionate people taking advantage of the prohibition of patient to patient transfers. The thing that will happen in most so called "back alley deals" will be they will be perceived as illegal sales(both parties are without MMMP cards) I view dispensaries as a last resort for patients who !. can not grow for themselves(children, space limitations, plant killer, housing won't permit it) 2. Finding a caregiver is difficult(not finding a caregiver to meet their needs, not willing to wait or not being able to wait 3-4 months, not finding caregivers with open spot for a patient. IMHO.

I have recently noticed that there is now a demand for brown swag up north and prices of medical cannabis is on the rise. Non compassionate people taking advantage of the prohibition of patient to patient transfers. The thing that will happen in most so called "back alley deals" will be they will be perceived as illegal sales(both parties are without MMMP cards) I view dispensaries as a last resort for patients who !. can not grow for themselves(children, space limitations, plant killer, housing won't permit it) 2. Finding a caregiver is difficult(not finding a caregiver to meet their needs, not willing to wait or not being able to wait 3-4 months, not finding caregivers with open spot for a patient. IMHO.

I live up north and that's not happening.

You aren't talking about medical. You are talking about recreational. Patients don't deal in alley ways and they have a card. I'm sorry, but we can't prop you up if you didn't get a card. The dispensaries might have been doing that but it's not going to be something that is a common occurance/practice with medical. Get a card. It's your best bet now that the pretenders are going away.

agreed

But they are fighting for their Jobs to feed their family's that's what any one of us would also do IMHO

I grew dope in attics in basements in forest and fields in rooms in closets just to feed the fam..A Man does what he must neverminding the world for a Mans world is in his home.

IMHO I think your opinion is a good one.

We cannot hate that come in the name of love...for the dope he sells he might just be keeping the space heater on with ya know.

I say if it made in USA run it!

But do it right and be fair please.

Edited by hic

We all did not have daddies credit card to grow up on ya know C

This is your world... I was just born in it.

You have never had real pain have you....a person that does not believe in God usually has no spiritual warfare. Mind Body Soul without it you can not lead. If you have not had pain in all 3you have not had pain.

Soon I will only care for my-self..gonna retire ya know.

2 years tops to help people with caregiving.

I like freedom too much to do this forever. I do not like tied down. I really do not wanna be a caregiver any-more but that is what I am to do a bit longer.

Edited by hic

Soon I will only care for my-self..gonna retire ya know.

2 years tops to help people with caregiving.

I like freedom too much to do this forever. I do not like tied down. I really do not wanna be a caregiver any-more but that is what I am to do a bit longer.

Good luck and in joy your Retirement it is a big risk in being a caregiver IMHO

You aren't talking about medical. You are talking about recreational.

I get the feeling that these terms are being used interchangeably every now and then on these forums.

When you've had mass media drumming things like "back alley drug deals" and "black market sales" into your head for years you start to perceive what is in actuality just a couple of friends exchanging something that they grew in their garden into a "dope deal".

“Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.” ― Wayne W. Dyer

Wild Bill: Here's something I wrote in another thread which I believe is relevant here:

It's not as if the illicit market only caters to "recreational users" (though policy-makers [and "the media"] love to perpetuate this myth and some "medical professionals" continue to label all illicit use [and even our legal use] as "recreational" or attempt to denigrate it as "self-medication"). The illicit drugs market has been "the pharmacy of the underprivileged" for as long as anybody cares to remember.

As for what I've done about "acquiring" since McQueen; I simply haven't. I've never bought anything "from a back alley" in my life (guess I'm just "lucky" like that) and I'm not about to start just because some creepy old drag queens can't read a dictionary or see past their own hands. This doesn't mean that I don't think there are some people out there who might engage in "back alley" transactions. It just means that I refuse to be one of them (primarily, to be honest, due to the potential legal jeopardy for the "seller").

I guess there are still "dispensaries" in Ypsi.. I just finished getting off morphine (an experience nearly as miserable as the years I spent taking the darn stuff; see: "opioid-induced hyperalgesia"). Really, at this point, I just want to "see where I'm at" for a while without any medications at all. It's not like my "qualifying condition" is going anywhere.

Edited by Peragro

• 3 weeks later...

I am a caregiver.  I can't take on any more patients.  So with out them having a safe place to go an get medication then they will have know other choice then to find it underground.  How safe is that?????  I remember when my mother would try to find it years ago for my brother that was dying from cancer.  But she had to.  There weren't any places to get it.  So lets just help the patients that don't have caregivers.  They need the medication.  These shop owners do need to pay their staff, rent etc..  After all isn't that what being a caregiver is about??????  Helping people.