Clare County Compassion Club

Herb Cannabis

Northern, I thought you were smarter than this, why are you asking stupid questions? Whether intended or not Jamie and his partners actions started that ball rolling. There is absolutely zero argument on that.

So, are you saying Ypsilanti would've done nothing if it weren't for Jamie? Yes or no?

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that is what he is saying. I can tell you from experience that local ordinances were developed all over the state in direct response to activities within the municipality. Remember that part of medical marijuana history where cities were passing moratoriums, etc? It was because of dispensaries.

You can't blame dispensaries for the actions of ignorant reactionaries.

Jamie_Lowell-thumb-200x296-98791.jpg

The city took months in determining how to regulate dispensaries through zoning and licensing ordinances.

Because of local zoning restrictions put in place by staff and City Council, twelve dispensaries could potentially open in Ypsilanti, but only four have done so over the past year. The 3rd Coast Compassion Center at Hamilton and Pearl streets was the first dispensary in Michigan to open and the first in the state to receive a dispensary license from a local municipality in June.

Although there have been multiple raids at medical marijuana dispensaries throughout the state last year, including at two Ann Arbor facilities, Jamie Lowell, a partner at 3rd Coast, said that his business has never closed.

He praised Ypsilanti for working with the medical marijuana community while developing zoning ordinances.

http://www.annarbor....nses-its-facil/

Just a question Refresher:

Thanks Jamie.

So it is your view as well as mine i raised here, that MML is piggybacking local ordinance proposals and using the fear of home growing and commercial operations to push their model language agenda through?

Do you find it dangerous to be the one(or involved with the people) pushing the angle that home growing is dangerous in neighbourhoods, CG's are incompetent and akin to street dealers and basicly pushing groups like MML. MTA and PAAMs agenda through for them, and is this why you have backed away from fully supporting this flawed bill and its approach?

Do you see there to be danger involved with introducing the vessel and providing the fear and fodder to accellerate the oppositions ability to instill harsh regulations statewide as they have done in dozens upon dozens of municipalities such as Ypsilanti?

Can you help negate the damage being caused by this "safe access" propaganda?

And would you be willing to stand up against the sources of said damaging propaganda?

Also, last session, did Callton express to you or your group(s) that the Walsh package of bills would have to pass for your dispensary bill to have a chance? And did this cause a softened approach to opposition of the Walsh set of bills?

I totally understand what you are saying here, but unfortunately, in this case, yes you can. Perhaps if it wasn't Jamie, it would have just been somebody else, after all this has happened to a greater or lesser degree in every medical marijuana state.

If dispensaries hadn't opened by using the gray areas of the law, we would not have seen the ordinances.

Well, by that logic, we should blame the Act itself for bringing local ordinances against Cgs in places where there were no dispensaries. Or blame that cute girl for wearing too short a skirt that ended up getting her assaulted...

It's not the 'gray area operation' that brought about ordinances, it was ignorant, reactionary local officials.

One of these days Northern you will come out on top of one of these discussions. I have faith in ya buddy. :)

I'm not interested in scoring meaningless and juvenile Internet 'points'. You guys have fun.

Northern,

What is your speicifc connection to NPRA and this "testing" language?

I mean, we might as well know agendas. Do you have a direct interest. friendship or working relationship with this bill, its authors, or any direct connection to be lobbying directly for this bill or its direct beneficiaries?

Well, by that logic, we should blame the Act itself for bringing local ordinances against Cgs in places where there were no dispensaries. Or blame that cute girl for wearing too short a skirt that ended up getting her assaulted...

It's not the 'gray area operation' that brought about ordinances, it was ignorant, reactionary local officials.

And the dispensary language you are endorsing empowers these same ignorant, reactionary officials. So you do see it. You just don't want to say it here because your allies are watching.

blame game is no game, man, I don't see why you don't see.

You want SFC to answer, Dan, but then when he does you attack him personally, while basically ignoring my communications here. That seems a bit juvenile to me...

I would suggest you are incorrect in saying it was totally ignorant reactionary local officials who are to blame. They may indeed have pressed their viewpoints, but the aggravation of neon pot leafs, and 50 dispensaries on Michigan Ave, and people pushing for legalized p2p as a means to open dispensaries was the aggravating irritant. I have spent more hours in Lansing listening to this discussion over the last three years, and that was the tipping point.

The bottom line is dispensaries / provisioning centers are currently and previously illegal. That has been affirmed all the way to the Supreme Court. The proponents have lost "badly" to date. There is no denying that fact. Now in an attempt to gain traction for dispensary legislation, proponents are sucking up hard to Rep Callton by greasing the financial sled of his PAC. All well and fine by me, as that is the appropriate method to use in Lansing. But don't suggest people who oppose the "Schneider Effect" or the "Driver Effect", do not have the same rights to petition our government.

Has this domino effect from the first dispensary had any effect on decriminalization legislature around the state? How about helping to educate LEO and the public in general? What positive effects, if any have they had?

Finally, a thinking man willing to analyze.

---

Still waiting on my other questions.... :-)

You want SFC to answer, Dan, but then when he does you attack him personally, while basically ignoring my communications here. That seems a bit juvenile to me...

I would suggest you are incorrect in saying it was totally ignorant reactionary local officials who are to blame. They may indeed have pressed their viewpoints, but the aggravation of neon pot leafs, and 50 dispensaries on Michigan Ave, and people pushing for legalized p2p as a means to open dispensaries was the aggravating irritant. I have spent more hours in Lansing listening to this discussion over the last three years, and that was the tipping point.

The bottom line is dispensaries / provisioning centers are currently and previously illegal. That has been affirmed all the way to the Supreme Court. The proponents have lost "badly" to date. There is no denying that fact. Now in an attempt to gain traction for dispensary legislation, proponents are sucking up hard to Rep Callton by greasing the financial sled of his PAC. All well and fine by me, as that is the appropriate method to use in Lansing. But don't suggest people who oppose the "Schneider Effect" or the "Driver Effect", do not have the same rights to petition our government.

Word.

By that logic, there was a war on drugs declared by our federal government, maybe we should blame them.... Northern, you really are grasping at straws here man.

Following the 'logic' we would blame drugs and drug users for the war on drugs, rather than the ignorant reactionaries.

And the dispensary language you are endorsing empowers these same ignorant, reactionary officials. So you do see it. You just don't want to say it here because your allies are watching.

Who are my 'allies'?

I don't follow you here, but am willing to explore this line of reasoning. Can you elaborate on this?

Cgs didn't exist before the Act, so ordinances against them should be blamed on the Act. After all, the Act didn't say local regulation couldn't target Cgs.

Northern,

What is your speicifc connection to NPRA and this "testing" language?

I mean, we might as well know agendas. Do you have a direct interest. friendship or working relationship with this bill, its authors, or any direct connection to be lobbying directly for this bill or its direct beneficiaries?

Here we go with the 'you have ulterior motives' BS. I won't entertain paranoid hysteria, Craig.

Never said you didn't have that right, did I?

Cgs didn't exist before the Act, so ordinances against them should be blamed on the Act. After all, the Act didn't say local regulation couldn't target Cgs.

But alas, Cg's have protection under the law. Dispensaries, testing facilities, not so much. Never did.

Oh well Herbie you and Jammie L, you guys, Never read section 6 d and broke the law and said ip2p was legal ,,, you both were wrong and you both will be wrong again with this,,

I contacted my Michigan rep,,, and said vote NO to any dispensary bill s

A mistake is only a mistake unless you refuse to correct it.

I did lots of bad things but not too many... That is in past because I fixed the mistakes.

You guys can get along, I just know it.

QUOTE:

I believe the Act did make it so caregivers could operate as the law dictates across the state. What would be the point of making a STATE law if it was powerless to do what it says to do?