Clare County Compassion Club

Herb Cannabis

Highlander I will tell you one time and only one time......

I am far more advanced then you.

Do you know how to see mice in the DARK? You use cheese and they all show up now 7.

Ha ha ha you do not know me. Did you watch the video I posted?

Be gone.

Edited by hic

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlander I will tell you one time and only one time......

I am far more advanced then you.

Do you know how to see mice in the DARK? You use cheese and they all show up now 7.

Ha ha ha you do not know me. Did you watch the video I posted?

Be gone.

I don't need to see mice....in the dark or in the light.....I can buy two snap traps from a dollar store, smear some peanutbutter on them, and wait in the quiet darkness for the satisfying *CRACK*

I did not watch your video.

Oh. One more thing. Beware the ides of March. *waggling fingers* Is that creepy enough for you?

*I hate having to edit posts. It so reduces the dramatic effect.

Edited by Highlander

Highlander if you are following story way back at the dogs house the line in the sand was made or did 8 and 9 not tell you that?

8 and 9 told me nothing; they just talk a lot about makeup and magazines. I know better than both of them anyway. Wasn't it back in '07 that you decided not to listen to them anymore? Think for yourself. Don't let 8 and 9 think for you.

Glad I was able to help.

Look at what all that schooling got me ahhh rats fooled by a nut. ahhhh shucks.

my friend said he would go herb!

I am out of here they feel me, their too smart not too.

till 23rd - see ya herb

Justin is name... I will find you

Hi guys nice to meet again.

Edited by hic

I am done messing around with your puppies... You hold the power here. Speak up or be deemed un-worthy as your group has.

No more background for you... You want respect come earn it. I need no lawyer.

So unless Zap insists that we move this conversation, what communities have attempted and/or succeeded in passing restrictive measures?

There are so many. In Lapeer County, where I live, there is only one or two towns that do not have a restrictive ordinance for caregivers. There are no dispensaries in Lapeer at all- there used to be one in 2010.

I recently helped to put together a fundraiser for 4271 in Lapeer, but I used the occasion to focus on this issue.

With the help of Michael Komorn, I sent letters to all of the local governments telling them that the marijuana ordinances they have are not enforceable, and are too restrictive. I invited any member to attend the fundraiser and learn more.

At the event, we discussed the need to end prohibitive policies in these towns, and the option to make enforcement for adults their lowest priority.

We got excellent local media coverage and got the word out to the public that these ordinances are invalid.

There will be some follow up to help keep the momentum going, and I am working with some people in NE MI to do a similar event in the Iosco area, probably in Tawas or Oscoda in the next few weeks.

The most common issue is relegating caregivers to industrial zones, where there is no practical space, in lieu of growing in residences.

These restrictive prohibitive ordinances come from the opposition, not dispensaries. That is another unsubstantiated assumption being spewed here. I don't know if there is a case or not, but I know of no situation in Michigan, in which caregiver rights were restricted because of dispensaries.

It was posted to be ironic in light of Hic's strange mirror reference.

I actually DID go to IKEA this evening.

However, Hic, if you haven't noticed, has posted some pretty insane stuff. At times it seems he is actually threatening people's well being. I don't think you understand, or know, his history before he came to this site.

GW constantly makes personal attacks and calls names when he's angry. Add to that his incessant childlike behavior with his, "obammer" nonsense, and the like, and you kind of get your fill at some point. I am not a democrat (or republican) but I still take offense at his inability to make a point without constantly putting people down.

I have to say, Herb, that I don't see the likes of Malamute making the same personal attacks as some of those you are "siding" with. In fact, I don't know that I have seen a single personal attack from Malamute. I can point to many from the "opposition."

I understand your desire to keep the thread on point. However, the issues being dealt with here are huge. They may belong in their own thread but it evolved into this.

I agree, temperatures rise and people get angry and want to "even the score," BOTH sides are guilty, no question about it and my aim is to clean it up. I don't feel that I'm asking to much. We want people to participate here, so much information is at our fingertips, but, as I have said before, no one enjoys being attacked.

What I don't understand is why we don't take a moment to think about what we are going to say before letting our fingers fly on the keyboard, we tend to take a moment before we open our mouths in a public discussion. At least I hope so.

I will agree, Malumute isn't a problem here so much, I misspoke including him, I apologize. I actually went back and re-read some of his post here and he is for the most part a well mannered contributor to this forum. None of us are perfect, we are all members of the human race.

I have previously stated that the hijacking was fine with me, I feel like this has been very informative, and somewhat productive, many have chosen sides because of this debate.

I agree, temperatures rise and people get angry and want to "even the score," BOTH sides are guilty, no question about it and my aim is to clean it up. I don't feel that I'm asking to much. We want people to participate here, so much information is at our fingertips, but, as I have said before, no one enjoys being attacked.

What I don't understand is why we don't take a moment to think about what we are going to say before letting our fingers fly on the keyboard, we tend to take a moment before we open our mouths in a public discussion. At least I hope so.

I will agree, Malumute isn't a problem here so much, I misspoke including him, I apologize. I actually went back and re-read some of his post here and he is for the most part a well mannered contributor to this forum. None of us are perfect, we are all members of the human race.

I have previously stated that the hijacking was fine with me, I feel like this has been very informative, and somewhat productive, many have chosen sides because of this debate.

None of my posts were to even a score Herb. Speak for yourself. They were purely informational.

None of my posts were to even a score Herb. Speak for yourself. They were purely informational.

Who are you kidding, all of your personal snips at me were to get even for having posted our meeting and your personal problems concerning our invited guest and with my point of view. Why is it that you can't comprehend this? You should go ahead and order Mr. Carnegie's book, "How to Win Friends and Influence people." Better yet, go to his website and sign up for a seminar.

I warned you that I won't let up on you until you get with the game and play nicely with others. Get it?

These restrictive prohibitive ordinances come from the opposition,

you are correct ,, they do not want dispensaries next to the schools and churches,,,

Right, home based cultivating Caregivers get grouped along w high-visibility, high-traffic Dispensaries by the opposition. As a result CGs become subordinate to the dispensaries rights by becoming zoned-out.

Coincidentally "the dispensary" reaps further financial gains by boxing-out CG competition. IMO a rather transparent motive for some level of collusion between dispensary owners and city zoning committee.

There are so many. In Lapeer County, where I live, there is only one or two towns that do not have a restrictive ordinance for caregivers. There are no dispensaries in Lapeer at all- there used to be one in 2010.

I recently helped to put together a fundraiser for 4271 in Lapeer, but I used the occasion to focus on this issue.

With the help of Michael Komorn, I sent letters to all of the local governments telling them that the marijuana ordinances they have are not enforceable, and are too restrictive. I invited any member to attend the fundraiser and learn more.

At the event, we discussed the need to end prohibitive policies in these towns, and the option to make enforcement for adults their lowest priority.

We got excellent local media coverage and got the word out to the public that these ordinances are invalid.

There will be some follow up to help keep the momentum going, and I am working with some people in NE MI to do a similar event in the Iosco area, probably in Tawas or Oscoda in the next few weeks.

The most common issue is relegating caregivers to industrial zones, where there is no practical space, in lieu of growing in residences.

These restrictive prohibitive ordinances come from the opposition, not dispensaries. That is another unsubstantiated assumption being spewed here. I don't know if there is a case or not, but I know of no situation in Michigan, in which caregiver rights were restricted because of dispensaries.

Thank you. Your response appears reasonable, but I am still troubled. Are we to expect that these nonsensical prohibitions will diminish if 4271 succeeds? It is to be expected that if people in a given community that have influence become involved in establishing dispensaries that it will be in their interest to elilminate competition on the part of caregivers. I have, while in business, devised systems to work around and eliminate competition. That was business, and competitive practices are all part of the game. This, however, is a a public health issue where people, many of us poor, are seeking relief from suffering. I will not go the way of the medical establishment and render things unnecessarily more unaffordable and difficult for them, and I live every day with medical providers who refuse to treat or to treat adequately because they do not see enough bang for the buck in providing quality treatment at prices we can afford. Subsequently we see physicians who give patients all of two minutes in consultations because to do otherwise is to cut into their paychecks. In many cases we are turned away forthwith. That is part of the human condition, and has to be fully expected to be at work if 4271 passes.

I was not always poor, but having been taken down by health issues, some brought on in service to predatory employers, do not wish cannabis to become prohibitively expensive. Knowing full well that the incentives for dispensaries, and especially those that involve government that wants to tax at high rates, are diametrically opposed to the interests to those of patients and their caregivers, who are engaged in loads more personal and direct contact and service, . Profits and revenues are the primary drivers for both dispensaries and government. Everything else is secondary. I think I speak for many here when I say that I have seen the press reports of dispensary interests, and I agree the political opposition, making statements intended to harm pt/cg relationships, the latest beiing Mediswipe in their statement that parking lot transactions will be a problem if they do not get what they want. Friedman's statement that “MediSwipe has nothing to do with the medicine, we’re completely agnostic about it,” speaks volumes and begs the question, what is their angle?

Then there is our very own cash cow. We have been granted a small cottage industry. It is impossible for many of us to readily work and earn. Managing a small garden is much more within our grasp and is therapeutic in itself. Caregiving is a means to supplement pathetically limited income and to interact with other people. Speaking for myself, I have been largely unalble to walk and leave the house for months on end. My ability to earn has been seriously compromised. Hell, I could not keep up with operating a compassion club, a part time, low impact, kind of thing. Others are in the same boat. Inasmuch as Resto is a d!ck, I do feel compassion for him because I know that he lives in pain daily, as do I, and as do plenty of other patients. I attribute much of the b!tching and infighting to this. We are miserable, there is a degree of anonymity online, and it can be tough to refrain from llashing out. Subsequently we are less inhibited in venting compared with healthy populations, but our arguments are not always out of line. Rather, the delivery can be and is often clumsy.

If you wish to be taken as a serious advocate here, you will please consider making the law work as is already established and now clarified, and put your apparent glee for dispensaries away. We are the people who need access to cannabis. We enjoy low prices and high quality under present circumstances, and are adamant that things not be changed to prevent that. Dispesary prices are typically twice that of the stuff we produce for ourselves and each other. Expected taxation can only drive prices further. Otherwise you can expect to be bereated within this, the legitimate community of cannabis users.

Edited by GregS

crazy-crazy-mad-straight-jacket-smiley-emoticon-000187-large.gif

Anyhow, i have over a hundred restrictive ordinances/moratoria that i know of. Almost always adopted when a dispensary opened up.

If you have them readily available, will you please post? It may be piling on, but Jamie is a big boy.