Clare County Compassion Club

Herb Cannabis

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very good post and i agree John is under a lot of stress hang in their John we support you

thank you Bob....and right back atcha...

hang in there i support you as well my friend.

all of us here try very hard to keep the peace...even when we are arguing...if people only saw half of what goes on... we should write a book... :)

i do speak up most of the time but sometimes its just not worth it you or i can not changes how some feel the MMMA does a great job and it ant easy for the mods imho

Mark my words, they will bring down the 3MA i know how you feel John but that will not happen imho as long as Zap is in charge here you will not get banded or ran off by a few i also have told him the same thing that there our a few that would like to bring down the 3ma i know how you feel hang in their because i come here for the same reason you do SUPPORT

You my friend certainly are my brother, thank you for your support.

Keep up the good work my friend, fight fire with fire. Oh, I learned today, that there is a report button, I intend on using it every time I see the crap that I have been bitching about.

bunny muffin I jump up with my hands up and down letting em I wanna be friends but they just in short tell me to take my pills.

Not even promoting marijuana as a med? huh.

If I did not have the marijuana I would not be sitting in front of a computer. but again whatever I am just a poor boy from a poor family.

I may show up end of march for speaker Herd.

I might be able to make it down there depending on how tomorrow goes. If I do I will be heading down from gaylord if a ride is needed, I will post tomorrow about any details.

Michaelscott, you are a man whom I respect very much, you would be welcome, I'd like to shake your hand in appreciation for what you have done for me and many others here on the 3MA site.

bunny muffin I jump up with my hands up and down letting em I wanna be friends but they just in short tell me to take my pills.

Not even promoting marijuana as a med? huh.

If I did not have the marijuana I would not be sitting in front of a computer. but again whatever I am just a poor boy from a poor family.

I may show up end of march for speaker Herd.

I hope that you will come to our meetings, you will find out that we have quite a turn out.

Are you medicated? :D I am a lot like you, if I didn't have my cannameds, My wife would likely be fertilizing my garden spot with my ashes. That is where I want them placed. Just giving back a little of what she (my garden) has given me.

The cannabis extract has kept me out of pain pretty much completely since I began using it. I discovered that it helps a great deal with clinical depression (I'm blessed with a good case of bipolar disease) as well.

Don't worry about your social status either, I'm as poor or more so than you, I have to put money aside at the beginning of the month when I receive my disability check in order to go to these meetings. I love the CCCC as much as I do the 3MA.

Keep up the good work my friend, fight fire with fire. Oh, I learned today, that there is a report button, I intend on using it every time I see the crap that I have been bitching about.

Please do.

thank you Bob....and right back atcha...

hang in there i support you as well my friend.

all of us here try very hard to keep the peace...even when we are arguing...if people only saw half of what goes on... we should write a book... :)

Edited by bobandtorey

Edited by bobandtorey

Take a copy of this document with you so he can't fudge around on you;

https://cityofypsila...%20Fact%20Sheet

I read the City of Ypsilanti Planning & Development's Medical Marijuana Home Occupation Ordinance, even the fine print, couldn't find Jamie's name on it anywhere.

What facts do you have of Jamie's involvement? What has he done?

I read the City of Ypsilanti Planning & Development's Medical Marijuana Home Occupation Ordinance, even the fine print, couldn't find Jamie's name on it anywhere.

Now you are asking the right questions BUT did you actually expect to find his name on it?

Are you trying to say he didn't have any involvement in making these rules that set up his dispensary and took away grow rights for others? That's kind of silly, don't you think? You will have your facts proving involvement since you can't just connect the dots.

Well, kinda silly to not believe me,... just ask him. MACC/3rd coast/MMCC

But, here is a starter course(oh how fast people forget):

Lowell said the dispensary supports the idea of licensing the facilities and is generally pleased with the city's ordinances and regulations. Several city officials and council members discussed medical marijuana issues with Stavros, Lowell and others involved in the industry prior to developing ordinances.

“Charge us for doing this like you may for another entity,” Lowell said. “Do it so that everyone wins … and at the heart of it let’s help the patient.”

Lowell said he appreciated that the city did its due diligence in researching the issue and that Ypsilanti chose to embrace the medical marijuana industry, which he says offers communities significant economic benefits.

He praised Ypsilanti for working with the medical marijuana community while developing zoning ordinances.

“The city has been great,” he said. “We feel very proud to be here and we think that it’s a progressive, open-minded city. That’s how they’re acting with this issue.”

---

Ypsilanti

Medical marijuana isn't just a buzz word in downtown Ypsilanti, it's a business with the potential to boom in the near future.

The 3rd Coast Seed Co. (a compassion club for users of medicinal cannabis and their caregivers) and the Michigan Marijuana Chamber of Commerce have set up shop in 7,300 square feet of commercial space, bringing 30 new jobs with them.

They say that while legalization of the plant is a positive development, the industry burgeoning around it needs greater oversight.

“There are so many gray areas in the law that there needs to be greater regulation,” said Darrell Stavros, director of corporate sponsorship for the MMCC. “There have been caregivers who are taking advantage of patients.”

Under the law, patients have the written approval of a doctor to use the plant for relief from cancer, multiple sclerosis, paraplegia or other medical conditions.

Caregivers are those licensed by the state to grow up to 12 plants for up to five patients. But no oversight agency checks on where or how they grow the plant, which Stazros calls one of the problems.

Stavros said the product suffers and safety risks increase if plants are grown in poor conditions by people uneducated in the process, leaving room for abuse of the law. Anyone who doesn't have a drug-related felony can complete a course and become a caregiver.

“If you’re in a neighborhood, would you want your neighbor’s house full of weed? Probably not, but that’s what’s going on,” Stavros said. “We are 100 percent pro-marijuana, but we do need to think there needs to be regulations involved.”

The MMCC envisions designated growing zones where caregivers can grow their plants, while keeping them all in one spot to improve oversight. It would also allow authorities to keep tabs on who is growing the plants.

Stavros cited an example of a 55-year-old Detroit woman who allowed a 21-year-old man to be her caregiver. The man promised to provide her with her medicine, but instead began demanding money and sex for it.

“Situations like that happen all the time, and that’s where there needs to be regulations on caregivers,” he said. “Things like that shouldn’t be happening.”

Edited by Malamute

Jamie_Lowell-thumb-200x296-98791.jpg

The city took months in determining how to regulate dispensaries through zoning and licensing ordinances.

Because of local zoning restrictions put in place by staff and City Council, twelve dispensaries could potentially open in Ypsilanti, but only four have done so over the past year. The 3rd Coast Compassion Center at Hamilton and Pearl streets was the first dispensary in Michigan to open and the first in the state to receive a dispensary license from a local municipality in June.

Although there have been multiple raids at medical marijuana dispensaries throughout the state last year, including at two Ann Arbor facilities, Jamie Lowell, a partner at 3rd Coast, said that his business has never closed.

He praised Ypsilanti for working with the medical marijuana community while developing zoning ordinances.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/ypsilanti/amid-state-level-fight-over-legality-of-medical-marijuana-dispenaries-ypsilanti-relicenses-its-facil/

Well, kinda silly to not believe me,... just ask him. MACC/3rd coast/MMCC

But, here is a starter course(oh how fast people forget):

Lowell said the dispensary supports the idea of licensing the facilities and is generally pleased with the city's ordinances and regulations. Several city officials and council members discussed medical marijuana issues with Stavros, Lowell and others involved in the industry prior to developing ordinances.

“Charge us for doing this like you may for another entity,” Lowell said. “Do it so that everyone wins … and at the heart of it let’s help the patient.”

Lowell said he appreciated that the city did its due diligence in researching the issue and that Ypsilanti chose to embrace the medical marijuana industry, which he says offers communities significant economic benefits.

“The city has been great,” he said. “We feel very proud to be here and we think that it’s a progressive, open-minded city. That’s how they’re acting with this issue.”

---

Ypsilanti

Medical marijuana isn't just a buzz word in downtown Ypsilanti, it's a business with the potential to boom in the near future.

The 3rd Coast Seed Co. (a compassion club for users of medicinal cannabis and their caregivers) and the Michigan Marijuana Chamber of Commerce have set up shop in 7,300 square feet of commercial space, bringing 30 new jobs with them.

They say that while legalization of the plant is a positive development, the industry burgeoning around it needs greater oversight.

“There are so many gray areas in the law that there needs to be greater regulation,” said Darrell Stavros, director of corporate sponsorship for the MMCC. “There have been caregivers who are taking advantage of patients.”

Under the law, patients have the written approval of a doctor to use the plant for relief from cancer, multiple sclerosis, paraplegia or other medical conditions.

Caregivers are those licensed by the state to grow up to 12 plants for up to five patients. But no oversight agency checks on where or how they grow the plant, which Stazros calls one of the problems.

Stavros said the product suffers and safety risks increase if plants are grown in poor conditions by people uneducated in the process, leaving room for abuse of the law. Anyone who doesn't have a drug-related felony can complete a course and become a caregiver.

“If you’re in a neighborhood, would you want your neighbor’s house full of weed? Probably not, but that’s what’s going on,” Stavros said. “We are 100 percent pro-marijuana, but we do need to think there needs to be regulations involved.”

The MMCC envisions designated growing zones where caregivers can grow their plants, while keeping them all in one spot to improve oversight. It would also allow authorities to keep tabs on who is growing the plants.

Stavros cited an example of a 55-year-old Detroit woman who allowed a 21-year-old man to be her caregiver. The man promised to provide her with her medicine, but instead began demanding money and sex for it.

“Situations like that happen all the time, and that’s where there needs to be regulations on caregivers,” he said. “Things like that shouldn’t be happening.”

Jamie doesn't speak for every one on this issue, many just want to make peace and are willing to go the extra mile to get achieve it. Not saying it is right or wrong, that is subjective to the individual imho.

If every thing you have said here is true, that doesn't make him a bad man in my eyes. Often where one is lacking, they make up for it in other areas again imho.

I have met him before, and I did indeed enjoy his company, valued what he had to share and I will again on the 23rd.

Where is your source material

Jamie_Lowell-thumb-200x296-98791.jpg

The city took months in determining how to regulate dispensaries through zoning and licensing ordinances.

Because of local zoning restrictions put in place by staff and City Council, twelve dispensaries could potentially open in Ypsilanti, but only four have done so over the past year. The 3rd Coast Compassion Center at Hamilton and Pearl streets was the first dispensary in Michigan to open and the first in the state to receive a dispensary license from a local municipality in June.

Although there have been multiple raids at medical marijuana dispensaries throughout the state last year, including at two Ann Arbor facilities, Jamie Lowell, a partner at 3rd Coast, said that his business has never closed.

http://www.annarbor....nses-its-facil/

So he has an agenda, don't we all? I get it that you do not support him, I'm leaning on the other side of that fence. So, can we just agree to disagree and move on.

Btw, nice looking young man.

my GPS does not know Clare Library.

Street Addresss Please?

101 East Fourth Street, Clare Michigan http://www.librarytechnology.org/lwc-displaylibrary.pl?RC=19532

Thanks for asking, looking forward to seeing you there. Should I wear my trouble maker sign? Hahaha!

Jamie doesn't speak for every one on this issue, many just want to make peace and are willing to go the extra mile to get achieve it. Not saying it is right or wrong, that is subjective to the individual imho.

If every thing you have said here is true, that doesn't make him a bad man in my eyes.

So he has an agenda, don't we all? I get it that you do not support him, I'm leaning on the other side of that fence. So, can we just agree to disagree and move on.

Btw, nice looking young man.

So you support the little guy getting zoned right out his grow. That's your choice. Make sure that's where you want everyone to know you are at, because there are no secrets here. You are who you are and are judged by what you stand for and do. You are with Jamie now. Your nice looking your man. Enjoy your position. For your personal info, there's no 'moving on'. This is where it's at and there is no 'MOVING ON'. Nice try.

If every thing you have said here is true, that doesn't make him a bad man in my eyes. Often where one is lacking, they make up for it in other areas again imho.

I have met him before, and I did indeed enjoy his company, valued what he had to share and I will again on the 23rd.

Where is your source material

Btw,

101 East Fourth Street, Clare Michigan http://www.libraryte...ary.pl?RC=19532

Thanks for asking, looking forward to seeing you there. Should I wear my trouble maker sign? Hahaha!

Edited by bobandtorey

So you support the little guy getting zoned right out his grow. That's your choice. Make sure that's where you want everyone to know you are at, because there are no secrets here. You are who you are and are judged by what you stand for and do. You are with Jamie now. Your nice looking your man. Enjoy your position. For your personal info, there's no 'moving on'. This is where it's at and there is no 'MOVING ON'. Nice try.

Edited by bobandtorey

Don't pretend to speak for me, you assume (and you know the old axiom) to much my brother from another mother. First of all the ordinance is non enforceable in my and others opinion. I don't subscribe to your scare tactics, IL 1 of 2008 is very clear this law supersedes all other laws Sec 7 (e) "All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act." This section is as valid as section 8 and I am confident should it be heard by MCoA or MSC, I will be proven correct.

So, in short, I fight for the "little guy" as you put it, I support his right to grow his own medicine, I support his right to make a little money too. I just don't subscribe to your theories of gloom and doom. I don't believe that my position on this issue will make or break me, I am not worried about it, I have other worries that concern me far more than what you have pointed out above.

Btw, thank you for your civility, it was much appreciated.