Clare County Compassion Club

Herb Cannabis

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what is keeping the legislature from adopting the same thing they requested in Ypsi and dozens and dozens of other communitites?

Why are we passing decriminalization ordinances? Because that is how you gain momentum to pass a state law.

So has it even crossed your mind that MTA and MML and PAAM are passing these ordinances to get traction to pass statewide regulation?

And, the same people that said this:

“If you’re in a neighborhood, would you want your neighbor’s house full of weed? Probably not, but that’s what’s going on,” Stavros said. “..... there needs to be regulations involved.”

The MMCC envisions designated growing zones where caregivers can grow their plants, while keeping them all in one spot to improve oversight. It would also allow authorities to keep tabs on who is growing the plants.

...and passed the ypsi ordinance with all those CG restrictions, are the EXACT same people who wrote and are lobbying for this current dispensary bill and saying daily to legislators that CG's are dangerous and shouldnt be allowed in neighbourhoods and that CG's are killing patients with bad weed and making little old ladies stand on street corners and saying we must have "safe access" which is not a CG.

So,... you see no danger in what is going on?

You do not care if CG's get pooched? Because that is what they are saying and lobbying for.

Judge: Medical marijuana grow and dispensing operations are not above local zoning law

A Washtenaw County Circuit Court judge has ruled that the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act does not pre-empt local zoning laws regulating the production and distribution of the drug.

The ruling is significant because it’s the first court challenge to zoning laws regulating medical marijuana in the state, according to Dennis McLain, Ypsilanti Township’s attorney.

Previous court challenges have been against communities that have tried to outright ban medical marijuana use, production or distribution because it is still illegal at the federal level.

The ruling is part of a case against two Ypsilanti Township residents officials charge are pumping an “intense” medical marijuana odor out of their home that is resulting from some type of processing operation in their basement. Neighbors have complained about the odor, though the defendants deny it is an issue.

Officials say homeowners at 1397 Crestwood are growing more marijuana than is allowed per township zoning ordinance.

Tom Perkins | For AnnArbor.com

The township also charges the defendants, Michael Engle and Deborah Klochubar, are growing more medical marijuana than allowed under the township’s zoning laws.

According to state law, a person with a medical marijuana patient’s card can grow up to 12 plants for his or her personal use. Ypsilanti Township ordinance allows residents to grow their personal plants in residential zones.

But state law says registered caregivers can grow up to 72 plants for up to five patients and their own personal use. Ypsilanti Township's zoning ordinance >>doesn’t permit caregivers to operate in residential zones. Klochubar's and Engle's home is in such a zone.

Eric Misterovich, attorney for Engle and Klochubar, argued that state medical marijuana laws pre-empt local ordinances, and the township’s zoning ordinances regarding medical marijuana are not enforceable.

The state law does not say where medical marijuana can and cannot be grown.

Misterovich asked Washtenaw County Circuit Court Judge Archie Brown to dismiss the case, but Brown disagreed with Misterovich's assessment.

“There are no provisions in the MMMA that prohibit municipalities from adopting zoning ordinances regulating where medical marijuana caregivers can grow and dispense marijuana for other patients,” Brown wrote in his ruling.

Misterovich did not return calls from AnnArbor.com. seeking comment.

“This is a significant issue; whether densely populated neighborhoods can be taken over by medical marijuana grow operations. We’re definitely fighting that to the end,” McLain said.

Edited by purple pimpernel

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.annarbor.com/news/ypsilanti/judge-medical-marijuana-grow-operations-are-not-above-local-zoning-law/

Don't pretend to speak for me, you assume (and you know the old axiom) to much my brother from another mother. First of all the ordinance is non enforceable in my and others opinion. I don't subscribe to your scare tactics, IL 1 of 2008 is very clear this law supersedes all other laws Sec 7 (e) "All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act." This section is as valid as section 8 and I am confident should it be heard by MCoA or MSC, I will be proven correct.

So, in short, I fight for the "little guy" as you put it, I support his right to grow his own medicine, I support his right to make a little money too. I just don't subscribe to your theories of gloom and doom. I don't believe that my position on this issue will make or break me, I am not worried about it, I have other worries that concern me far more than what you have pointed out above.

Btw, thank you for your civility, it was much appreciated.

Don't pretend to speak for me, you assume (and you know the old axiom) to much my brother from another mother. First of all the ordinance is non enforceable in my and others opinion. I don't subscribe to your scare tactics, IL 1 of 2008 is very clear this law supersedes all other laws Sec 7 (e) "All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act." This section is as valid as section 8 and I am confident should it be heard by MCoA or MSC, I will be proven correct.

So, in short, I fight for the "little guy" as you put it, I support his right to grow his own medicine, I support his right to make a little money too. I just don't subscribe to your theories of gloom and doom. I don't believe that my position on this issue will make or break me, I am not worried about it, I have other worries that concern me far more than what you have pointed out above.

Btw, thank you for your civility, it was much appreciated.

You can't have it both ways. You either support Jamie's Ordinances OR you support the little guy who was stripped by them.

It's very clear. No gray area here. No pretending. All the cards are on the table now Herb.

Well, kinda silly to not believe me,... just ask him. MACC/3rd coast/MMCC

But, here is a starter course(oh how fast people forget):

Lowell said the dispensary supports the idea of licensing the facilities and is generally pleased with the city's ordinances and regulations. Several city officials and council members discussed medical marijuana issues with Stavros, Lowell and others involved in the industry prior to developing ordinances.

“Charge us for doing this like you may for another entity,” Lowell said. “Do it so that everyone wins … and at the heart of it let’s help the patient.”

Lowell said he appreciated that the city did its due diligence in researching the issue and that Ypsilanti chose to embrace the medical marijuana industry, which he says offers communities significant economic benefits.

He praised Ypsilanti for working with the medical marijuana community while developing zoning ordinances.

“The city has been great,” he said. “We feel very proud to be here and we think that it’s a progressive, open-minded city. That’s how they’re acting with this issue.”

---

Ypsilanti

Medical marijuana isn't just a buzz word in downtown Ypsilanti, it's a business with the potential to boom in the near future.

The 3rd Coast Seed Co. (a compassion club for users of medicinal cannabis and their caregivers) and the Michigan Marijuana Chamber of Commerce have set up shop in>>>> 7,300 square feet of commercial space, bringing 30 new jobs with them.

They say that while legalization of the plant is a positive development, the industry burgeoning around it needs greater oversight.

“There are so many gray areas in the law that there needs to be greater regulation,” said Darrell Stavros, director of corporate sponsorship for the MMCC. “There have been caregivers who are taking advantage of patients.”

Under the law, patients have the written approval of a doctor to use the plant for relief from cancer, multiple sclerosis, paraplegia or other medical conditions.

Caregivers are those licensed by the state to grow up to 12 plants for up to five patients. But no oversight agency checks on where or how they grow the plant, which Stazros calls one of the problems.

Stavros said the product suffers and safety risks increase if plants are grown in poor conditions by people uneducated in the process, leaving room for abuse of the law. Anyone who doesn't have a drug-related felony can complete a course and become a caregiver.

“If you’re in a neighborhood, would you want your neighbor’s house full of weed? Probably not, but that’s what’s going on,” Stavros said. “We are 100 percent pro-marijuana, but we do need to think there needs to be regulations involved.”

The MMCC envisions designated growing zones where caregivers can grow their plants, while keeping them all in one spot to improve oversight. It would also allow authorities to keep tabs on who is growing the plants.

Stavros cited an example of a 55-year-old Detroit woman who allowed a 21-year-old man to be her caregiver. The man promised to provide her with her medicine, but instead began demanding money and sex for it.

“Situations like that happen all the time, and that’s where there needs to be regulations on caregivers,” he said. “Things like that shouldn’t be happening.”

#123 LongHairBri

I just helped a warehouse grower....over 250 lbs........from 2000sf, 20.000watts.........................................32 plants (trees)////over 8lbs each

these 5 guys are licenced in Yipsi by the city to supply their local dispenceries, inspected by building dept before opening, and licenced by the state MMMP

with full card sets

they usually harvest only the 4+ lbs. they can possess at a time.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/35773-a-look-into-longhairs-laboratory/page__st__120

It may speak a chapter of his views, but, there are several more chapters in that book.

The small legal sustainable grows are the lifeblood of medical cannabis in Michigan. They are the green shoots. If you kill even one you should be held accountable. This man has praised the work that kills many. He's in the driver seat to kill them all. These future chapters you reference are the rest of the plan unfolding in his dispensary bill. It will empower those that are in the process of killing those small legal sustainable grows. Without that solid legal foundation, medical cannabis in Michigan has no solid footing in the present day political environment. The monopoly of large grows are no good for anyone in the long run. I know you must have hitched your wagon to him for some reason. You should rethink that because there's nothing good ahead down that path he is taking you.

And what is keeping the legislature from adopting the same thing they requested in Ypsi and dozens and dozens of other communitites?

Why are we passing decriminalization ordinances? Because that is how you gain momentum to pass a state law.

So has it even crossed your mind that MTA and MML and PAAM are passing these ordinances to get traction to pass statewide regulation?

And, the same people that said this:

...and passed the ypsi ordinance with all those CG restrictions, are the EXACT same people who wrote and are lobbying for this current dispensary bill and saying daily to legislators that CG's are dangerous and shouldnt be allowed in neighbourhoods and that CG's are killing patients with bad weed and making little old ladies stand on street corners and saying we must have "safe access" which is not a CG.

So,... you see no danger in what is going on?

You do not care if CG's get pooched? Because that is what they are saying and lobbying for.

Did you not expect changes? Did you really believe the marijuana industry would be limited to the pt/cg model? It would be foolish for one to believe that there would not be interest in the industry, there is so much gold to be panned. It will happen no matter what you say or do, you are powerless to change it. Do not fear change, instead, prepare for it.

Did you not expect changes? Did you really believe the marijuana industry would be limited to the pt/cg model? It would be foolish for one to believe that there would not be interest in the industry, there is so much gold to be panned. It will happen no matter what you say or do, you are powerless to change it. Do not fear change, instead, prepare for it.

This gold you want to pan, that's just what patients have in their pockets. Understand that for what it is. There is no room for you between the grower and the patient. We don't want a dam in the middle that only lets cannabis through at a toll charge. We patients just can't support you. Sorry. Get a job. We just want to pay the grower directly. Make no mistake about it. If you take our grow rights away, don't expect us to fall in line for your dispensary to reap.

The small legal sustainable grows are the lifeblood of medical cannabis in Michigan. They are the green shoots. If you kill even one you should be held accountable. This man has praised the work that kills many. He's in the driver seat to kill them all. These future chapters you reference are the rest of the plan unfolding in his dispensary bill. It will empower those that are in the process of killing those small legal sustainable grows. Without that solid legal foundation, medical cannabis in Michigan has no solid footing in the present day political environment. The monopoly of large grows are no good for anyone in the long run. I know you must have hitched your wagon to him for some reason. You should rethink that because there's nothing good ahead down that path he is taking you.

You exaggerate, no one is going to be killed.

Are you kidding me, medical cannabis has never been on solid ground here in Michigan. Do you recall what happened in the lame duck? They do what they want and they don't like us.

I've only met him the one time, but I have read much of his work in MINORML and feel much differently than you do.

I'm a realist, PC's are coming to a town near you, no matter what you say or do, you won't be able to stop them, they have to much money and there is a lot of money to be made. They will have the legislature bought and paid for, you don't stand a chance unless you have a rich uncle and I doubt he would have enough moneyto fight them.

You and others are afraid of the changes, I get that, but you can rest assured that the changes are coming, it is only a matter of time and money.

Good luck with your fight, you're going to need it.

thank you Bob....and right back atcha... hang in there i support you as well my friend. all of us here try very hard to keep the peace...even when we are arguing...if people only saw half of what goes on... we should write a book... :)

If people only knew me from my begining in here! I know bob and john remember me, there is a few more that choose not to speak or write in here, and one of the reason is peoples mentality, wow am I the pot calling the kettle black? what happened to me, when did I become my father, man that mirror has been hurting lately, but my conscience is alot clearer these days Though!

Peace

Jim

This gold you want to pan, that's just what patients have in their pockets. Understand that for what it is. There is no room for you between the grower and the patient. We don't want a dam in the middle that only lets cannabis through at a toll charge. We patients just can't support you. Sorry. Get a job. We just want to pay the grower directly. Make no mistake about it. If you take our grow rights away, don't expect us to fall in line for your dispensary to reap.

Here you go, speaking for me again, I thought I asked you politely not to speak for me. How in the world did you get gold that I want to pan? Point out to me where I said that, please quote.

I have only one interest in dispensaries, that I have the medicine I need to treat my cancer with. Seeing that I was illegally raided and they took my meds, I have no other access. Get it? Do you see my angle now? Have you got a pound or two that you wouldn't mind donating that I may make the cannabis extract with? I didn't think so, I'll fight for the PC's, thank you very much.

You make it seem as if I'm the only one who supports the PC, I'm not, there are many of us.

If people only knew me from my begining in here! I know bob and john remember me, there is a few more that choose not to speak or write in here, and one of the reason is peoples mentality, wow am I the pot calling the kettle black? what happened to me, when did I become my father, man that mirror has been hurting lately, but my conscience is alot clearer these days Though!

Peace

Jim

I wish everyone was as honest as you are phaquetoo, what a wonderful concept! I'm not giving up until these attitudes are changed or gone, which ever comes first. I will fight for what I believe in, have been doing it for going on 60 years, I see no reason to change now.

I'm beginning to understand why some were banned from here in the first place. At first I didn't agree with it, but, you know what they say, "One bad apple can ruin the whole bushel." Sometimes I guess it becomes necessary to sort them out.

You exaggerate, no one is going to be killed.

Are you kidding me, medical cannabis has never been on solid ground here in Michigan. Do you recall what happened in the lame duck? They do what they want and they don't like us.

I've only met him the one time, but I have read much of his work in MINORML and feel much differently than you do.

I'm a realist, PC's are coming to a town near you, no matter what you say or do, you won't be able to stop them, they have to much money and there is a lot of money to be made. They will have the legislature bought and paid for, you don't stand a chance unless you have a rich uncle and I doubt he would have enough moneyto fight them.

You and others are afraid of the changes, I get that, but you can rest assured that the changes are coming, it is only a matter of time and money.

Good luck with your fight, you're going to need it.

Great Awsome Post!

Peace

Jim

Edited by Restorium2