Clare County Compassion Club

Herb Cannabis

hey Herb, weren't you saying 'cut and paste' was the wrong way to present your argument? duh, you just did that....

I lobby in Lansing Herb, and the dispensary bill is not yet something we have to oppose, as yet. As it stands presently, I oppose the cultivation part, that lets the PC grow unlimited amounts. There are more issues but it is best to start with one small thing. We can talk about success or failure after the session ends. Not before it starts.

But rhetorically I would ask you why conservative Repubs would vote to overrule the SupCt, after they won the fight? Maybe the lobby for PC's is good and monied and strong, we shall see....

but I would not take that bet. And I don't find the PC's better quality, humanity, or cost when compared to a caregiver. Sorry for your situation, but I won't side with the PC's as it stands.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herb, calling the other side a "childish rant" is pretty much uncivil and over the top. I sit back and watch and see your posts as a source of bad feelings. Sorry man, I do...

Let me point out that the patient / caregiver system is the ONLY one legal in Michigan. Dispensaries are still a pipe dream that have not even gone through House hearings or Senate Hearings, let alone face a vote.

You have a short memory if you don't think there is anything that can be done. Underestimate at your own risk. It seems to me that the politicians have already been bought and paid for.

But it is not a good idea to trash the caregiver system when you have NOT ONE DOGGONE THING in the background that is legal to replace it.

I hope that yo have read the whole thread before you replied to this topic, it would be the fair thing to do, but it would seem by this post that you have already made up your mind that I'm trashing the pt/cg system. You would be wrong.

Please explain in very simple language that I might understand how it is that I'm trashing the caregiver system? I am not trashing the Caregiver system, I am pointing out that the changes are coming. In 2004 did you believe that we would have IL1 of 2008? I bet not. Changes are coming like it or not. I am growing very tired of all of these unfounded accusations, how many times do I have to say it, I do care about the current cg/pt system, I support it, I'm just not so blind to believe their will be no changes because their will be, the lame duck has proven that to my satisfaction. I hope that these changes are for the positive and that the law is not changed regarding our current system.

As far as civility is concerned, they reap what they sew. Treat me with respect and I will return it in kind, disrespect me, gloves come off, it is that simple.

he didn't say he was for them or against them he is saying imho that it will happen and no one can change it but it is wishful thinking imho

Every one knows it is gonna happen eventualy, all the big money has to do is buy a few more Mouths aka crooks for their side, lets just hope it dont mess up the c.g/pt system, Only thing I worry about is being able to home grow, thats it, if they open depsenses or what ever you want to call them now so be it, just dont mess with the pt and c.g sytem, hey if people want to spend more or have to use a despense so be it, Im sure there are alot of c.gs around that wouldnt mind being able to score a nice pay day here and there, it isnt on the pts when you sell extra to a despense, it should help the pt who has a c.g pay less! and the c.g make more, ya cant make some one grow, you cant make em get a c.g, and you cant stop em from going to despenses, what is this agrument about? You cant make people do things they dont want to do!

Peace

Jim

Whatever happened to this guy....

I understand, I should never have used the word can't, I should have checked my thesaurus and used something like "unlikely." I'm one of those very people who is all the more determined to accomplish a mission that I was told that I can't. I'll try to pick my words a little more carefully in the future.

Every one knows it is gonna happen eventualy, all the big money has to do is buy a few more Mouths aka crooks for their side, lets just hope it dont mess up the c.g/pt system, Only thing I worry about is being able to home grow, thats it, if they open depsenses or what ever you want to call them now so be it, just dont mess with the pt and c.g sytem, hey if people want to spend more or have to use a despense so be it, Im sure there are alot of c.gs around that wouldnt mind being able to score a nice pay day here and there, it isnt on the pts when you sell extra to a despense, it should help the pt who has a c.g pay less! and the c.g make more, ya cant make some one grow, you cant make em get a c.g, and you cant stop em from going to despenses, what is this agrument about? You cant make people do things they dont want to do!

Peace

Jim

i agree

peace Bob

I understand, I should never have used the word can't, I should have checked my thesaurus and used something like "unlikely." I'm one of those very people who is all the more determined to accomplish a mission that I was told that I can't. I'll try to pick my words a little more carefully in the future.

Edited by bobandtorey

I hope that yo have read the whole thread before you replied to this topic, it would be the fair thing to do, but it would seem by this post that you have already made up your mind that I'm trashing the pt/cg system. You would be wrong.

Please explain in very simple language that I might understand how it is that I'm trashing the caregiver system? I am not trashing the Caregiver system, I am pointing out that the changes are coming. In 2004 did you believe that we would have IL1 of 2008? I bet not. Changes are coming like it or not. I am growing very tired of all of these unfounded accusations, how many times do I have to say it, I do care about the current cg/pt system, I support it, I'm just not so blind to believe their will be no changes because their will be, the lame duck has proven that to my satisfaction. I hope that these changes are for the positive and that the law is not changed regarding our current system.

As far as civility is concerned, they reap what they sew. Treat me with respect and I will return it in kind, disrespect me, gloves come off, it is that simple.

Well I too can take off gloves, Herb, so don't threaten me with your prowess of being a hard guy.... And I have read your posts all through this thread and many many others. I never said that you are trashing the caregiver system. You whine and moan about being misquoted then misquote me completely. That sir is mighty hypocritical. And you avoid my gentle questions. Shall we try again:

the patient caregiver system is law in Michigan. The dispensary dream is just that. Don't count your chickens before they are inseminated (let alone hatched). You are listening to the propaganda of proponents. Not bad by any means, but it is not reality based. Let's try and stay grounded in the real world. Why screw up the legal existing system with such a flip comment as "change is coming". Reality check: It has only been introduced. This is the beginning of the negotiation. Not the end. Stop hurting the patient caregiver system because of your unfortunate experience.

I'm sick and tired of this 'changes' BS. It doesn't hold water. Saying that because there are 'going to be' changes somehow justifies someone taking my grow rights, so they can have a dispensary monopoly on growing, is not something I'm going to buy into. Tell it like it is. You can't hide it under a pile of horse crap.

I found this by searching "jamie lowell ypsilanti city council" on Google:

http://cityofypsilanti.com/Portals/0/docs/Boards%20and%20Commissions/Planning%20Commission/Minutes/2010/09-15-10.pdf

It discusses Jamie's testimony at the bottom of page three.

I have never lobbied for, suggested, or ever thought that it was an acceptable idea to reduce caregiver rights or to circumvent the caregiver system, at all. I have been consistent in action, in recorded statements, and in understanding and belief that it is crucial to preserve the caregiver system.

There are no quotes or articles that have been displayed here in which a regrettable statement is made, nor is there any suggestion, from me, of diminishing the caregiver system.

Jamie_Lowell-thumb-200x296-98791.jpg

The city took months in determining how to regulate dispensaries through zoning and licensing ordinances.

Because of local zoning restrictions put in place by staff and City Council, twelve dispensaries could potentially open in Ypsilanti, but only four have done so over the past year. The 3rd Coast Compassion Center at Hamilton and Pearl streets was the first dispensary in Michigan to open and the first in the state to receive a dispensary license from a local municipality in June.

Although there have been multiple raids at medical marijuana dispensaries throughout the state last year, including at two Ann Arbor facilities, Jamie Lowell, a partner at 3rd Coast, said that his business has never closed.

He praised Ypsilanti for working with the medical marijuana community while developing zoning ordinances.

http://www.annarbor....nses-its-facil/

hey Herb, weren't you saying 'cut and paste' was the wrong way to present your argument? duh, you just did that....No, I did not say that and I hope that I didn't imply it either. The only thing I can remember saying about cut and paste was regarding a reply I received where my words had been taken out of context or deliberately twisted, which ever, I invited the poster to cut and paste where I said that and then I did cut and paste what I said in my reply. Other than that, I don't understand what it is that you are trying to imply here, that I was wrong.

I lobby in Lansing Herb, and the dispensary bill is not yet something we have to oppose, as yet. As it stands presently, I oppose the cultivation part, that lets the PC grow unlimited amounts. There are more issues but it is best to start with one small thing. We can talk about success or failure after the session ends. Not before it starts.

But rhetorically I would ask you why conservative Repubs would vote to overrule the SupCt, after they won the fight? Maybe the lobby for PC's is good and monied and strong, we shall see....

but I would not take that bet. And I don't find the PC's better quality, humanity, or cost when compared to a caregiver. Sorry for your situation, but I won't side with the PC's as it stands. I have no argument with what you are saying, regarding humanity, cost or any other way compared to a caregiver, all I'm saying is that after the MSC ruled against pt/pt transfers, I have no other choice. It doesn't matter if I/you were ripped off or if my/your garden succumb to pest and/or disease, I need a place where I can legally obtain my meds and the PC is the only avenue being discussed.

My only positive on the PC bill is that I will have an alternate source of medicine that I don't have currently.

You are opposed to the PC's having the ability to cultivate as am I. I oppose allowing local municipalities to decide if a pt/cg can sell their overages as I am opposed to the same municipalities deciding if a PC can come into their towns.

I found this by searching "jamie lowell ypsilanti city council" on Google:

http://cityofypsilan...10/09-15-10.pdf

It discusses Jamie's testimony at the bottom of page three.

This is Jamies Testimony, I don't see anything here that frightens me. It certainly doesn't say anything that I haven't already heard a dozen different times from a dozen different sources.

Jamie Lowell, Third Coast – stated that while the board is looking at this as a home-based business, it is not like the mechanic, accountant or piano teacher. This is healthcare for people and the law has already been in effect for a couple of years. He is sure there are many caregivers within 1,000 ft of a school who have been taking care of patients since this law went into effect. There might be an issue whereby, being prohibitive or restrictive of someone‘s

healthcare by saying that because they live near a school, means they cannot participate in a

state law.

I have never lobbied for, suggested, or ever thought that it was an acceptable idea to reduce caregiver rights or to circumvent the caregiver system, at all. I have been consistent in action, in recorded statements, and in understanding and belief that it is crucial to preserve the caregiver system.

There are no quotes or articles that have been displayed here in which a regrettable statement is made, nor is there any suggestion, from me, of diminishing the caregiver system.

Thank you, I appreciate your setting the record straight, see you soon my friend.

Jamie helped lend credence for a locality to restrict our state law. They are breaking the state law and he praises them for it. It's right there in black and white. Published material. And when he did this the result is that home growers have to have a business license. That's what I can prove.

both Daryl and Anthony made totally rude comments while associated with 3rd Coast. Please Jamie, let's not rewrite history on that one. That being said, I do not believe you are our main opponent. I have heard you say it just like here. My concern lies in the damnation of caregivers by the A2 Guild, by your partner Daryl and by many. Shall I list them?

If the NPRA and Robin are so powerful, why has cultivation not been removed?

Because until it is removed, pro PCers are going to face a contentious fight on the topic. This was a bill written by PC's for PC's. CPU was not invited. Neither was MMMA as far as I know. So from my limited perspective this seems like a special interest bill entirely.

My only positive on the PC bill is that I will have an alternate source of medicine that I don't have currently.

You are opposed to the PC's having the ability to cultivate as am I. I oppose allowing local municipalities to decide if a pt/cg can sell their overages as I am opposed to the same municipalities deciding if a PC can come into their towns.

This is Jamies Testimony, I don't see anything here that frightens me. It certainly doesn't say anything that I haven't already heard a dozen different times from a dozen different sources.

Jamie Lowell, Third Coast – stated that while the board is looking at this as a home-based business, it is not like the mechanic, accountant or piano teacher. This is healthcare for people and the law has already been in effect for a couple of years. He is sure there are many caregivers within 1,000 ft of a school who have been taking care of patients since this law went into effect. There might be an issue whereby, being prohibitive or restrictive of someone‘s

healthcare by saying that because they live near a school, means they cannot participate in a

state law.

since growing your own is not available to you, your alternative is to find a caregiver correct?

both Daryl and Anthony made totally rude comments while associated with 3rd Coast. Please Jamie, let's not rewrite history on that one. That being said, I do not believe you are our main opponent. I have heard you say it just like here. My concern lies in the damnation of caregivers by the A2 Guild, by your partner Daryl and by many. Shall I list them?

If the NPRA and Robin are so powerful, why has cultivation not been removed?

Because until it is removed, pro PCers are going to face a contentious fight on the topic. This was a bill written by PC's for PC's. CPU was not invited. Neither was MMMA as far as I know. So from my limited perspective this seems like a special interest bill entirely.

Darrell's quote was a long time ago. He agrees that it was not a good idea to have said it under the circumstances, and that he should not have cast a negative light on the caregiver system. To continue to vilify him for it, serves no purpose. Anthony has not been with us since around that time.

There could possibly be some substitute language put out for review, but no changes can be made until the bill is in committee.

Where does the premise "If the NPRA and Robin are so powerful," come from?

The cultivation language does need to be changed- I do not believe that there is disagreement from anyone on that. I am not in A2 Guild or NPRA, but neither organization put that language there or are suggesting that it stays. The language is a mistake, and should get fixed. I doubt that other organizations, AG, PAAM, State Police, MML, several law makers, including sponsors of the bill, think that it is all right and intended for an entity, if embraced by a local government, to produce unlimited amounts of medicine to sell to patients and caregivers.

That issue, along with others, do need to be amended.

Darrell's quote was a long time ago. He agrees that it was not a good idea to have said it under the circumstances, and that he should not have cast a negative light on the caregiver system. To continue to vilify him for it, serves no purpose. Anthony has not been with us since around that time.

There could possibly be some substitute language put out for review, but no changes can be made until the bill is in committee.

Where does the premise "If the NPRA and Robin are so powerful," come from?

The cultivation language does need to be changed- I do not believe that there is disagreement from anyone on that. I am not in A2 Guild or NPRA, but neither organization put that language there or are suggesting that it stays. The language is a mistake, and should get fixed. I doubt that other organizations, AG, PAAM, State Police, MML, several law makers, including sponsors of the bill, think that it is all right and intended for an entity, if embraced by a local government, to produce unlimited amounts of medicine to sell to patients and caregivers.

That issue, along with others, do need to be amended.

but one can bet PC's hope it stays in there

since growing your own is not available to you, your alternative is to find a caregiver correct?

You misunderstand, as I said in an earlier post, I was illegally raided by CMET and they tookmy medicine, it has nothing to do with finding a caregiver. Heck, I've been cultivating longer than most on here have been alive, why wouldn't I grow my own? Currently the circumstances dictate that I need an alternate source of medicine.

Screw you MSC for killing pt/pt transfers, I don't appreciate it one bit.

if they were supporting MI caregiver system why were they selling meds from cali and colo to MI patients out of their PC.. they will never give an answer

If in fact what you claim has transpired, it was illegal. I've heard these rumors as well, I hope that they are wrong.

Jamie does have the ability if not the ambition to fix some of these transgressions and it is not fair for us to paint him with Robin Schnieders brush. Unfortunately tho Jamie you are somewhat guilty by association. We all have had to adjust our positions and words to some degree over the last few years, Jamie is no exception.

HC, it is safe to say you are only choosing to hear what fits into your vison of this law and the events that have surrounded its history. Plus, you were under the influence of a maniacal liar for a couple years. That kind of programming may never wear off.

Edited by SFC