State: House Bill Would Allow Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPU Department of Treasury Response Concerning Taxes

But notice the "sale" issue in that document, and the "sale" issue within the McQueen decision. This Department of Treasury response may be impacted(likely).

Woo

The opposition has to be hating this. Tax free garden work for caregivers, 65-75% Fed tax plus MI sales tax plus whatever tax the State and local governments impose on dispensaries. And they want us to believe the bill is a benefit for patients. If 4271 succeeds in the legislature, it will fall under its own weight in practice.

Yes, very interested. McKone needs some attention, I think.

Yep. McKone is a problem. Having worked in Flushing for several years, I know it to be a conservative community. It is complicated by McKone's relationship with the City as its hired attorney. He also works with some other local municipalities in these offensive and illegal shams.

Edited by GregS

This is found in the provisioning bill:

"Except for the Michigan medical marihuana act, all other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the use of medical marihuana as provided for by this act."

IF 4271 is to proceed, this clause must remain. What is of import is that the MMA not be tampered with.

You need to apply the fact that the MMMA IS BEING tampered with now. So that sentence would go in one ear and out the other with the local municapality tamperers that would only want to read the parts that give them MORE POWER. They would take the ball and run with it for as long as they could until we bring the unpredictable Supreme Court down on them.

If that line is in the Dispensary Act Now, It would be One step in the right Direction with the Dispensary Bill for sure. Obviously it is one of My main points of contention so far on it. But Rest is Correct in the assessment that the MMM Act has, is, and will continue to be gutted at every cross road Possible.

IF this dispensary bill can be passed and signed into law by the Gov, which I Might add is the greatest Unknown on this Dispensary Bill issue (even the Republicans don't know his Political (Republicant) position, which is likely be a Zero Comment until its time for him to pen it up. Then I suspect will see the NJ Tactic of Implementation of State Passed Medical Cannabis Legislation, which is of course to not do a darn thin in 7 yrs but mention maybe doing something a month before the election, and then sticking it in the cupboard for 2 more years....