Judge: Medical Marijuana Users Can Collect Jobless Benefits

MASON, Mich. — A Michigan judge has ruled that medical marijuana users who follow the state's medical marijuana law may collect unemployment benefits.

The Lansing State Journal reports Ingham County Circuit Judge William Collette's decision Tuesday overturned a state commission that found a state-approved medical marijuana user wasn't eligible for benefits after being fired following a drug test.

This one will go to the COA, and possibly the Supreme Court also. There are extenuating ramifications from this ruling. In other words, the insurance companies have this in their play book and they just lost round one. Well, round two. Round one was where they had their way with the state commission.

Walmart Joe lost his appeal to the COA. They said he could be fired because of medical marijuana use. This Circuit Court judge said they would have to pay him unemployment.

You would think that the COA will overturn this Circuit Court opinion. And then the SP will follow that. It seems the circuit court judges don't follow the play book much. Agendas are afoot here in Michigan and should be well known by all. The insurance companies are strong and pushing, using the conservative legislature to get things just how they want it. The legislature seems to have the upper courts in their control.

Man, I wish we were in the position the insurance companies are. We could have anything and everything we always wanted for our medicine. Just name it, the legislature writes it, and the courts just nod.

Jones is going over every single court case the conservatives lost and having the legislature write new bills to make it so they would win those cases now. I was on a jury that set a woman free. Now, because of new legislation, we couldn't set her free. This was the trial were the woman was a teacher that had sex with students. We learned as jurors that she was just their substitute teacher and she had sex with a student after he turned 18, the summer after she was his substitute teacher. We, as jurors, saw this as something that shouldn't even went to court. But the conservatives saw it as something that SHOULD NOT be decided by jurors. So now she would be convicted because they write the law in a way that gives jurors no choice.

The Courts want no jury at all for any case IMHO I also was at Barbs court day and the jury did not want to find her guilty

But the judge so much told them if they didn't they could be jailed I was their

I sure wish Eric V had been their to get that on video

The judge will make a jury follow the law. That's why some of your posts saying a jury will get you off are not quite right. The jury can't just do what they please. They have to decide using the parameters set in front of them.

OK lady's and geltermen of the jury your job here today is to find out if the door was locked or not if you find that it's not locked then you must find him guilty

You can't argue what the word 'access' means Bob. It is what it is. If the jury is there to determine that someone had access, and they did, then you are guilty of allowing it.