Greater Clare Compassion Club

Dr. Bob

From the good folks at Hydro 411 in Clare...

I would like to announce that Hydro 411 in Clare (411 5th St, Clare MI 48617) is willing to host a club at the store starting Saturday, March 16th from 12-2 PM. It will run on every other Saturday ( and not run the same weekend as the Clare County Compassion Club, so people can feel free to attend both clubs if they wish) It will be called The Greater Clare Area Compassion Club, and run as a round table where everyone can be heard and participate as much or as little as they would like. People working with people, no hierarchy running the meetings- alternating people facilitating the bi-weekly meetings. A sign up sheet will be available for people to volunteer their services to facilitate upcoming meetings where they can provide guest speakers, movies, discussion topics, demonstrations, whatever they wish. Tables for local Artisans will be available during the meetings as well.

Info will become available at Hydro 411 starting this weekend, and also will be posted on this site. As the weather gets warmer, the meetings will be moved from the inside of the store to the pole barn area directly behind the store which is also on store property (wheel chair accessible). Lots of room for grilling, meetings, and activities! This is an attempt to bring people together...leave egos, bad blood, past beefs, and other nonsense at home. Let this be a fresh start for many, and a great beginning for many others. The Clare area and Central Michigan has a great community, and hopefully this club will be set up with a model that allows everyone to feel welcomed, needed, and engaged in the process.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is ok with the mods, I'll post the link to their facebook page, the club website isn't up and running yet.

Dr. Bob

yes

please do so.

we would all like to help new clubs get started.

as we find out more about this club i would like to know more about what they are doing and how they are helping.

thank you for bringing their information to us so far Dr Bob.

i appreciate you trying to link the information for our community.

i know...

but that depends on the message.

my focus remains on keeping the attention in this thread on the new compassion club.

I am too...my focus is on Dr Bobs recommendation or endorsement. He knows nothing of them but has something to say about em.

Is that not a fair question?

Why always so quick to endorse Mr Bob? are you going somewhere? or building again?

thats too bad.

hic.

it is about helping patients.

i only try to help stop any personal attacks.

if you honestly feel like i was wrong to remove all the banter between you and doctor bob then i dont know what to tell you.

this thread is about the new compassion club

dr bob brought the information and posted some contact info.

why would you have any issue with that?

he like any member can and should help bring community events to light.

Howdy here is the link..kinda boring I know, but with all the fireworks in here, I think Ill take a little boredom.... :) www.greaterclare.com

First meeting is this Saturday from 12-2 PM at Hydro 411 in Clare. Info can be found on the webpage. Dr. Bob is correct, we plan on cookouts, fellowship, education, caregiver/patient resources, growing tips, as well as helping the community at large. We hope to take a very peaceful approach where all are involved and heard from; Round-table format run by the members on a volunteer basis. We are sponsored by area clubs, individuals, businesses, and absolutely no political arms. All beliefs, opinions, and viewpoints will be heard, discussed and respected. Let's do this right everyone. I have faith in our community! Look forward to seeing familiar faces and new faces alike. All are invited, please do not bring cannabis to the meeting... Cheers!

how is this club differant than the club already in clare

Hi Cheese-I'm not going to try to do a Ben Franklin compassion pro and con tally...what I will do is say the model of organization is different..there will be no type of president or board, and curriculum will be presented on a volunteer basis. Control will not come from the top-down, but from within. Is that the same or different? I'm not sure, but that's how Greater Clare is going to operate. I like Malamute's idea, come on out...it's free (and so is the coffee).