Greater Clare Compassion Club

Dr. Bob

Hi Cheese-I'm not going to try to do a Ben Franklin compassion pro and con tally...what I will do is say the model of organization is different..there will be no type of president or board, and curriculum will be presented on a volunteer basis. Control will not come from the top-down, but from within. Is that the same or different? I'm not sure, but that's how Greater Clare is going to operate. I like Malamute's idea, come on out...it's free (and so is the coffee).

sounds like a good time its to far for me but one day i will take a drive i like the part about no president or board sounds like a good plan

a club about people by the people

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like a good time its to far for me but one day i will take a drive i like the part about no president or board sounds like a good plan

a club about people by the people

i think this is still an attainable goal even with a president, isnt that the idea of America.... any way. sounds interesting, next time i go to clare cc meeting ill swing by and check the spot. im not real hip on hanging out at a hydro shop.... they are after my money, kinda like a meeting at a disp lol but my main concern is parking. i dont park at hydro shops, way to easy for the cops to watch. i wish all cc could be in libraries, you dont get any safer than that. so if these guys have a spot somewhere else i can park ill be to check one out too.

i think this is still an attainable goal even with a president, isnt that the idea of America.... any way. sounds interesting, next time i go to clare cc meeting ill swing by and check the spot. im not real hip on hanging out at a hydro shop.... they are after my money, kinda like a meeting at a disp lol but my main concern is parking. i dont park at hydro shops, way to easy for the cops to watch. i wish all cc could be in libraries, you dont get any safer than that. so if these guys have a spot somewhere else i can park ill be to check one out too.

Good points.

libraries yes best for all and no worries their

I will say Hydro 411 is not full of marijuana leaves, and head shop material. They actually do quite a bit of business concentrating on vegetable gardens. Even sell non GMO veggie seeds. If you think LEO didnt drive around that parking lot to see who was at the library, you may be kidding yourself. There is nothing wrong with a compassion club who is open to the public. Pretty difficult to distinguish who has a card, and who doesn't. Police have not caused any issues at the store, City has been great and welcoming, and the guys there are offering the space without any catches. Its not like you have to go through the gift shop before you leave the zoo. If the location ends up being a deal breaker for the masses, Im sure we can look at other locations. This spot is free, and has a very nice area for the summer months to host meetings. I appreciate the feedback......oh just FYI Hydro 411 will do after hours pick ups by letting you pull into their indoor loading bay, so you are out of sight from watching eyes. Just call them a day or so in advance...sorry felt the need to give 'em a plug.

Im sure its possible the police drive by the parking lot... if you have even been there you know theres like 15 businesses along with the library using the parking lot.... not nearly the same as sitting in the hyrdo shop parking lot for an hour. as i said i am just hoping i can find close, off site parking.

True Value is right across the street. Go buy a snow shovel or some salt. Just an idea for those that don't want to be seen parking at a garden store.

Dr. Bob

dr.

thanks for the info....will be sure to check it out now that i know i have a safe spot.

Mal, your right everyone has their own quirks.... that library is about as anonymous as it gets. others may be dif, but the Clare library is a rather secure area.... i know ive been around the block a few times. having so many using one parking lot makes it hard to say why anyone's there. sorry to concern you with my concerns.... ptsd ensures im uber prepared every where i go.

dr.

thanks for the info....will be sure to check it out now that i know i have a safe spot.

Mal, your right everyone has their own quirks.... that library is about as anonymous as it gets. others may be dif, but the Clare library is a rather secure area.... i know ive been around the block a few times. having so many using one parking lot makes it hard to say why anyone's there. sorry to concern you with my concerns.... ptsd ensures im uber prepared every where i go.

Was a great question man, others might have been thinking the same thing and maybe we have a solution for them.

DB

Well I was in a class down in Mount Pleasant, but I stopped by at closing to see how things went. Many folks from the local community came by, including a good core of the local MMJ community. The meeting and style of leadership was described as a 'breath of fresh air' and plans are underway for the next meeting. Details are on the club website www.greaterclare.com and will feature speakers and there will be a discussion of projects to help the local MMJ community.

Despite being the same day as the Clare Irish Parade, there was a great turn out and much interested in the new approach to a compassion club in Clare. It looks like they are on to something.

Dr. Bob

Maybe you should try attending before being critical, GanjaWarrior. It is a lot different than running a Compassion Club in a dispensary, in my opinion. How would people without cards attend a meeting in a dispensary?

ive only been in one disp..... they had a huge room for meetings....all meds were in back in secure area needing a card to get back there. thats all kinda irrelevant i was just asking if bob was tied to said cc as i wont attend if thats the case...per the reasons i just explained. before this thread gets like the other one ( sure you would allow that) maybe he could just answer and i could just avoid this thread in the future. or go to the club...just waiting for his answer.

ive only been in one disp..... they had a huge room for meetings....all meds were in back in secure area needing a card to get back there. thats all kinda irrelevant

Well, the difference i would say is one of those businesses is legal, and one is illegal. Somewhat relevent.

And,.. isn't it important we teach people how to grow? It is like the entire key to the program. I mean, i do understand the overlapping possible intent for financial gain by the shop owner allowing a club to meet there. But it is one of those things we just have to see. I would say, the CC should be allowed to advertise, during the club meeting, for competing interests in grow supplies. It shouldn;t be made a big deal,... but fliers and such along with other informational material should be allowed to show a lack of monopolizing. :-)

But yea,... we need to teach people to grow, grow shop owners are usually very knowledgeable, i would be happy to have them as guest speakers at my club.

Also, i think it is great there are more clubs starting up. We need more,... not less. I could have one start next to me and only encourage it knowing it will simply help more patients and give them more options. That is the point right?

so this is your club bob? really like a club not swinging on the wallet chain of any doc or hydro shops. sadly doesnt seem much dif than putting a cc in disp.

Sorry, wasn't even there, but wanted to be. Not my club, not related to the hydro store. Just a bunch of folks that are interested in positive things for the MMJ community in Clare. I'm sure they would love to have your input and perhaps even have you lead a meeting or two to present a subject. Talk to them.

Dr. Bob

I have questions about this 'new' club also.

greaterclare;

Why did you feel the need to start another club in a small town where there is an already thriving Clare County Compassion Club?

Why did you choose a name so similar to the original CCCC ? Was that intentional to possibly confuse some people, or to glean

members from your close proximity to where CCCC has an already solidly established meeting place?

I believe that CC's are the foundation to education and connecting our community together. I am glad to hear of another starting.

I am however still curious as to why you set up within a very close proximity to where there was a soundly established CC ?

I do appreciate that you are holding meetings opposite weekends to the original Clare County Compassion Club's established meeting wknds.

Dr. Bob;

What is your true involvement with this 'new' club?

I know you said "I have nothing to do with this club".

If that statement is true, why are you promoting them instead of the persons who started the club doing so ?

How much involvement will you have on an ongoing basis with this 'new' club ?

Will you be their new Certifying Dr. possibly ?

There is a lot of controversy surrounding you and your issues with some members of CCCC & the Certification Clinic in Clare also.

This leads me to be wary of any 'thing' that you may be promoting in the Clare area.

As for the 'rest of you' who have voiced your opinions on how good another club can be etc... etc, it may be wise to follow your own advice

and visit them before giving them the ole slap on the back of approval?

Have any of you attended a Clare County Compassion Club meeting ?

Mayhaps you could have started by going to one (or many) of CCCC meetings first ?

SFC, please stop name calling. Thank you.

I have questions about this 'new' club also.

greaterclare;

Why did you feel the need to start another club in a small town where there is an already thriving Clare County Compassion Club?

Why did you choose a name so similar to the original CCCC ? Was that intentional to possibly confuse some people, or to glean

members from your close proximity to where CCCC has an already solidly established meeting place?

I believe that CC's are the foundation to education and connecting our community together. I am glad to hear of another starting.

I am however still curious as to why you set up within a very close proximity to where there was a soundly established CC ?

I do appreciate that you are holding meetings opposite weekends to the original Clare County Compassion Club's established meeting wknds.

Dr. Bob;

What is your true involvement with this 'new' club?

I know you said "I have nothing to do with this club".

If that statement is true, why are you promoting them instead of the persons who started the club doing so ?

How much involvement will you have on an ongoing basis with this 'new' club ?

Will you be their new Certifying Dr. possibly ?

There is a lot of controversy surrounding you and your issues with some members of CCCC & the Certification Clinic in Clare also.

This leads me to be wary of any 'thing' that you may be promoting in the Clare area.

As for the 'rest of you' who have voiced your opinions on how good another club can be etc... etc, it may be wise to follow your own advice

and visit them before giving them the ole slap on the back of approval?

Have any of you attended a Clare County Compassion Club meeting ?

Mayhaps you could have started by going to one (or many) of CCCC meetings first ?

SFC, please stop name calling. Thank you.

I wondered about that as well.... clare has arguably the best cc in the state, still in the library, safest of places. great people good info, strong family backing. the only logical reason is the cccc isnt connected with doc....

Nah, sorry Imi, but you and Ganja are in this thread for no other reason than to Shite on it. I have dealt with Bob for a few years now and while we don't always agree on everything the slanderous nature of certain individuals towards him is disgusting. We see your true colors thru your questions. Have a nice day :)

Looking back on the early attempts at establishing and running clubs, and even the MMMA organization itself, and other life experience, there were many (I believe too many) criticisms, many of them unfounded, that had no obvious intent other than to satisfy some sick need to whine and bad mouth them because people had bad attitudes or contrary agendas. Some of them are still here and have little or nothing good to say about much of anything, and seem to exist only to put their misery on display. Oftentimes it appears as nothing more than an effort to self gratify an urge to simply throw weight around. Anonymity is like that. Some of this is to be expected any time people work in groups, and those who are less inclined to think things through, e.g., those who post "STFU without reasoned argument, are typically more prone to it than others.

I hafta wonder if critics going off on half baked tirades about this is not just more of the same.

Nah, sorry Imi, but you and Ganja are in this thread for no other reason than to Shite on it. I have dealt with Bob for a few years now and while we don't always agree on everything the slanderous nature of certain individuals towards him is disgusting. We see your true colors thru your questions. Have a nice day :)

I asked legitimate questions SFC.

I will not address the rest of your 'shite' though, as I too see ;)

You have a nice day also, brother SFC :D