Greater Clare Compassion Club

Dr. Bob

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My involvement with the clubs is limited to saying I support original model compassion clubs. They have received excellent community support despite having their first meeting on the day of the parade. It is a breath of fresh air for the community. I don't think anything else needs to be said.

The club has nothing to do with certifications, though it is nice to have a place I can send patients to where they can meet caregivers interested in forming relationships. That is a big problem in the state, there are very few real compassion clubs out there that aren't involved in things outside of the original model of education, community support, and caregiver/patient networking.

The very nature of the questions being asked by some here reveal the nature of their interest. Other clubs, other clinics, anti-Dr. Bob, but if it wasn't needed or wanted, it wouldn't have gotten off to the start it did, and it is growing.

Review the basis of the club again, and the style of leadership. Very open. You could have come to the meeting and been heard and become part of it. Yet you didn't. What you are doing is dictating who can and can't be a member, supporter, officer, or whatever. If they restrict membership and only cover the things you want, MAYBE you will grace them with your presence. Doesn't seem to me that is how they want THEIR club to run. Perhaps you can find others that feel the way you do and join their club, or start your own?

Now I really don't have any more to add, so hold your questions until you decide to go check it out for yourself.

Dr. Bob

Are either of these Compassion Clubs registered with the state as nonprofits? It is difficult to tell what is going on here, I must admit.

Good question Zap. Curious as to why it is being asked. Why would a club want to be a non-profit? Is that a requirement to be a club? Nope. It is a requirement to track money. So where is the money coming from? GCACC doesn't have dues. It doesn't seem to pay salaries, because there are no 'leaders' that need to be paid. I guess you could count the donation jar for coffee, donuts, and pizza, but that simply goes to pay for....wait for it.....coffee, donuts, and pizza. And if there isn't enough to cover it, it still is there at meeting time. If someone in the community has a need, I guess they just pass a hat and give it to them right then, in full.

No money to account for, no need to incorporate. Leave the incorporation for those that have reason to worry about where the money is going.

Dr. Bob

My involvement with the clubs is limited to saying I support original model compassion clubs. They have received excellent community support despite having their first meeting on the day of the parade.

It is a breath of fresh air for the community.

Please, elaborate upon this statement.

I don't think anything else needs to be said.

The club has nothing to do with certifications, though it is nice to have a place I can send patients to where they can meet caregivers interested in forming relationships.

Clare County Compassion Club has been doing this for years. Did you also send patients there to meet and form said relationships ?

That is a big problem in the state, there are very few real compassion clubs out there that aren't involved in things outside of the original model of education, community support, and caregiver/patient networking.

Agreed.

The location chosen for this new club and the true nature of your involvement is what I am questioning.

The very nature of the questions being asked by some here reveal the nature of their interest. Other clubs, other clinics,

anti-Dr. Bob (which you brought upon me bob [and as of yet, have not apologized to me for either]),

but if it wasn't needed or wanted, it wouldn't have gotten off to the start it did, and it is growing.

If they are just as you describe, then this is wonderful news.

Review the basis of the club again, and the style of leadership. Very open.

You could have come to the meeting and been heard and become part of it. Yet you didn't.

It is a distance to drive for me & on short notice also, not that I need to explain that to you .. or anyone for that matter.

I did not say that I would not attend a meeting (or many) at some point.

What you are doing is dictating who can and can't be a member, supporter, officer, or whatever.

I am dictating nothing bob, nothing, only asking what I believe are pertinent questions given well documented issues between yourself and the

existing CCCC. Nothing remotely close to dictating, only asking questions is all.

If they restrict membership and only cover the things you want,

Where is this twisted logic founded ? Certainly NOT by anything I said.

MAYBE you will grace them with your presence. Doesn't seem to me that is how they want THEIR club to run. Perhaps you can find others that feel the way you do and join their club, or start your own?

Maybe I will ? Maybe I have ? Maybe I will ? Maybe ... ?

Now I really don't have any more to add, oh... but, you will ;) so hold your questions until you decide to go check it out for yourself.

Dr. Bob

so this is your club bob? really like a club not swinging on the wallet chain of any doc or hydro shops. sadly doesnt seem much dif than putting a cc in disp.

This is not Bob's club...the hydro stores club or anyone else's...its the people's club. Hydro 411 is simply donating space to run the meetings. The leadership and "ownership" of the club, if you want to call it that is by the attendees. There is no money collected to put in an operating fund, no treasurer, no president. The model is simple. If there are causes that collectively we wish to participate in, we will do it. No need for a rainy day fund...too much scrutiny and mistrust in those situations if the club is not designated as a non profit, and strong, publicly accessed records kept. Hydro 411 also donated lunch and coffee to the attendees, so I would like to counter your assumptions that the club is being led my any special interest or looking to make money. Seems that Hydro 411 donated money to the club, and asked for nothing in return. Though I appreciate your skepticism, I would also like to invite you to a meeting to see for yourself what its all about...maybe then you will have more of a basis to form an opinion on the club then. I look forward to meeting you at the club sometime!

All very good questions that Id be happy to answer:

greaterclare;

Why did you feel the need to start another club in a small town where there is an already thriving Clare County Compassion Club?

I have been approached numerous times at another club I am involved in, The Central Michigan Compassion Club in Mt. Pleasant, by members who were having a hard time making the trip all the way from Harrison, Farwell, Lake George, Roscommon, and even Clare, and Rosebush. They expressed a desire to have a clinic closer to them. In addition I also heard many complaints of activities at other area clubs that were in the members eyes "very questionable" when it came to legality or safety, thus they stopped attending their local club, but still wanted to participate. In addition, Hydro 411 owners also expressed that many people were asking them how to get caregivers, how to grow, etc. it just seemed like there was a need in the area, despite an existing club. The turnout at the first meeting seeded to validate this assumption.

Why did you choose a name so similar to the original CCCC ?

We called it the Greater Clare Area Compassion Club because we found that interest for a compassion club did not just come from clare county...and with clare even having part of its own city located in isabella county, we wanted to have a name that invited people from other areas, not just clare county.

Was that intentional to possibly confuse some people, or to glean

members from your close proximity to where CCCC has an already solidly established meeting place?

No not at all. When we announced our intent to start, we said right in the announcement that we did not want to have a conflicting schedule with CCCC. We even invited people to attend both. I hardly think anybody would have been confused by that approach, were you? If so, I do apologize.

I do appreciate that you are holding meetings opposite weekends to the original Clare County Compassion Club's established meeting wknds.

I do think people are looking for all kinds of things, maybe something on our schedule will appeal to the community on one week, and on another week its something the cccc is doing. I say great! It's all about getting good, legal, and helpful information out there. There is a lot of responsibility in providing information at a compassion club. 1st and formost, we need to make sure the info is not potentially harming the members or putting them into any kind of danger or potential legal problems. We are even having an attorney speaking at the next club meeting on April 30th to answer questions that the community may have regarding transporting, care giving, legalities of indoor and outdoor grow rooms, etc. Many people in the marijuana community know this, but there are new card holders getting their cards every day that have no idea whats going on, and we hope to reach them...the other members who are more experienced are also a great asset to help them. This is why participation and a sense of community is so important- GCACC will do everything they can to provide this.

We had a visitor at the 1st meeting who moved here from out of state and knew nobody in the area. She left with new friends...and she said it was the 1st time she has met people that she has been comfortable with since she has been in the area. That's amazing stuff if you ask me!

Good question Zap. Curious as to why it is being asked. Why would a club want to be a non-profit? Is that a requirement to be a club? Nope. It is a requirement to track money. So where is the money coming from? GCACC doesn't have dues. It doesn't seem to pay salaries, because there are no 'leaders' that need to be paid. I guess you could count the donation jar for coffee, donuts, and pizza, but that simply goes to pay for....wait for it.....coffee, donuts, and pizza. And if there isn't enough to cover it, it still is there at meeting time. If someone in the community has a need, I guess they just pass a hat and give it to them right then, in full.

No money to account for, no need to incorporate. Leave the incorporation for those that have reason to worry about where the money is going.

Dr. Bob

That's where were coming from. We will not hold or ask for money. We will not even hold a 50/50 raffle or any kind of raffle that takes money without a permit and full disclosure. There were some items donated by the Hydro store, General Hydroponics, X-Nutrients, and HDI...we had door prize giveaways that did not cost anybody to participate in. Everybody who came got a free ticket put in the hat. I know it's strange, but we just don't want $ at the club. If we want to tackle an issue that needs money, well come together, vote on it, and if you wish to participate, make it happen...just like we do when our neighbors need a hand when they are down. We don't need a treasurer to hold community emergency funds for a rainy day for the community we live in; same principle applies here at the club.

I like to look up the documents to find out the directors, that's all. It was a requirement (or possibly a suggestion, I can't remember) when we started Birmingham Compassion, and I didn't realize that had been changed.

That's just it, no directors...Harry, John and Chris at the Hydro Store got the ball rolling and created a way for all participants to determine the schedule and meeting agenda from week to week. There are no directors. Think of it as a campfire where everyone is equal and has equal power to make suggestions, organize, and get things done. It's not a hard process once people realize that they all have something to offer in way of experience, expertise, or motivation.

Thanks for clearing all that up. Hopefully folks had their questions answered. Glad to see this type of organization in Clare, you will be an asset to the community and it looks like you are in it for the long run.

Dr. Bob

[

As for the 'rest of you' who have voiced your opinions on how good another club can be etc... etc, it may be wise to follow your own advice

and visit them before giving them the ole slap on the back of approval?

Have any of you attended a Clare County Compassion Club meeting ?

Mayhaps you could have started by going to one (or many) of CCCC meetings first ?

I guess I do have one question regarding this statement...I just have to wonder why you suggest that people start at the CCCC before they visit Greater Clare Area Compassion Club? is it because CCCC was there first? Isn't that like saying nobody should be going to Wal Mart in Mt Pleasant unless they go to Meijer first (after all Meijer was there first) I just don't see logical reasoning behind this. We had people attend their first ever compassion club meeting at our last meeting. For whatever reason, they were comfortable enough to show up and participate for the first time- and they got helpful information, fellowship, and a free lunch. This is a good thing...wouldn't you agree? maybe after attending greater Clare Compassion Club (even many times) they would feel comfortable enough to check out cccc's club. It can work both ways, can't it?

As for the 'rest of you' who have voiced your opinions on how good another club can be etc... etc, it may be wise to follow your own advice

Mayhaps you could have started by going to one (or many) of CCCC meetings first ?

And just for the record, I have attended CCCC meetings, I do have a basis to form an opinion on, can the same be said for you?

I think the important take home message is that there are two clubs in Clare to help the local and surrounding community. Folks can pick where they go based on their needs and the style they like, or go to both for that matter.

Dr. Bob

All very good questions that Id be happy to answer:

greaterclare;

Why did you feel the need to start another club in a small town where there is an already thriving Clare County Compassion Club?

I have been approached numerous times at another club I am involved in, The Central Michigan Compassion Club in Mt. Pleasant, by members who were having a hard time making the trip all the way from Harrison, Farwell, Lake George, Roscommon, and even Clare, and Rosebush. They expressed a desire to have a clinic closer to them. In addition I also heard many complaints of activities at other area clubs that were in the members eyes "very questionable" when it came to legality or safety, thus they stopped attending their local club, but still wanted to participate. In addition, Hydro 411 owners also expressed that many people were asking them how to get caregivers, how to grow, etc. it just seemed like there was a need in the area, despite an existing club. The turnout at the first meeting seeded to validate this assumption.

Why did you choose a name so similar to the original CCCC ?

We called it the Greater Clare Area Compassion Club because we found that interest for a compassion club did not just come from clare county...and with clare even having part of its own city located in isabella county, we wanted to have a name that invited people from other areas, not just clare county.

Was that intentional to possibly confuse some people, or to glean

members from your close proximity to where CCCC has an already solidly established meeting place?

No not at all. When we announced our intent to start, we said right in the announcement that we did not want to have a conflicting schedule with CCCC. We even invited people to attend both. I hardly think anybody would have been confused by that approach, were you? If so, I do apologize.

I do appreciate that you are holding meetings opposite weekends to the original Clare County Compassion Club's established meeting wknds.

I do think people are looking for all kinds of things, maybe something on our schedule will appeal to the community on one week, and on another week its something the cccc is doing. I say great! It's all about getting good, legal, and helpful information out there. There is a lot of responsibility in providing information at a compassion club. 1st and formost, we need to make sure the info is not potentially harming the members or putting them into any kind of danger or potential legal problems. We are even having an attorney speaking at the next club meeting on April 30th to answer questions that the community may have regarding transporting, care giving, legalities of indoor and outdoor grow rooms, etc. Many people in the marijuana community know this, but there are new card holders getting their cards every day that have no idea whats going on, and we hope to reach them...the other members who are more experienced are also a great asset to help them. This is why participation and a sense of community is so important- GCACC will do everything they can to provide this.

We had a visitor at the 1st meeting who moved here from out of state and knew nobody in the area. She left with new friends...and she said it was the 1st time she has met people that she has been comfortable with since she has been in the area. That's amazing stuff if you ask me!

Thank you for stepping forward to answer my questions.

It is a beautiful thing to be able to connect people together. Very happy to hear that a new person, not just to the area but new to MI attended your 1st. meeting and gained new friendships.

My reason to ask this question is that there were many congratulating the opening of a new club & saying good things prior to ever attending a meeting. I did say 'could' have started with CCCC first as they have been operating nearly 5yrs.

I guess I do have one question regarding this statement...I just have to wonder why you suggest that people start at the CCCC before they visit Greater Clare Area Compassion Club?

Again, I said 'could' have.

is it because CCCC was there first? Isn't that like saying nobody should be going to Wal Mart in Mt Pleasant unless they go to Meijer first (after all Meijer was there first)

I said nothing remotely like what you are suggesting, please do not try to put words or intent into what I clearly asked.

I do not openly endorse anything unless I have been there, done it or what ever the occasion be.

I just don't see logical reasoning behind this. We had people attend their first ever compassion club meeting at our last meeting. For whatever reason, they were comfortable enough to show up and participate for the first time- and they got helpful information, fellowship, and a free lunch. This is a good thing...wouldn't you agree? maybe after attending greater Clare Compassion Club (even many times) they would feel comfortable enough to check out cccc's club. It can work both ways, can't it?

Anything is possible.

And just for the record, I have attended CCCC meetings, I do have a basis to form an opinion on, can the same be said for you?

It can.

edited spelling error

Edited by imiubu

The good thing is I have a place to send patients looking for caregivers and good information. This is going to be a valuable resource to the Clare community and I like the member centric style on which it is based. I anticipate it will continue to grow.

Dr. Bob

The good thing is I have a place to send patients looking for caregivers and good information. This is going to be a valuable resource to the Clare community and I like the member centric style on which it is based. I anticipate it will continue to grow.

Dr. Bob

I knew you were not finished lmso !

Dr. Bob

Is there some reason that you didn't have a place to send patients/caregivers, prior to this new club opening bob ?

This is the 2nd time you made this statement in this thread, so I am very curious.

What is your agenda in supporting this club and not the other ?

Inquiring minds (mine @ least) want to know.

Thank you in advance.

Is there some reason that you didn't have a place to send patients/caregivers, prior to this new club opening bob ?

This is the 2nd time you made this statement in this thread, so I am very curious.

Thank you in advance.

From what I have seen here, and elsewhere, many members of the other club have been quite hostile towards Dr. Bob.

There are also all sorts of rumors about that club engaging in questionable transactions. I'm not accusing anyone of anything this is just what I have garnered from reading many things. So it is only rumor I suppose. But, I guess that is how a reputation develops. Whether it is a deserved reputation, I don't know. Just seems to be what is out there.

From what I have seen here, and elsewhere, many members of the other club have been quite hostile towards Dr. Bob.

There are also all sorts of rumors about that club engaging in questionable transactions. I'm not accusing anyone of anything this is just what I have garnered from reading many things. So it is only rumor I suppose. But, I guess that is how a reputation develops. Whether it is a deserved reputation, I don't know. Just seems to be what is out there.

there are also many rumors about dr bob also

Yes there are. But what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? The question was whether there was a place for Dr Bob to send patients. Rumors about Dr Bob have nothing to do with why he does, or does not, feel comfotable sending patients somewhere.

Thank you in advance.

Yes, there is a reason. I do take care in where I send patients and the information they receive. But this thread is about the new Clare club. I feel folks will get good information there.

Dr. Bob

And most were spread by the same small group of individuals. But this is not the place to discuss them. Let's keep the thread on topic and positive. The rumors are being addressed elsewhere.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

Welcome to ignore Hic, I tried to be considerate but you blew it.

Dr. Bob

Thanks for the info doc, hic is easy to ignore! dont worry about it, good thread, I will hopefully be able to attend some of the meetings in clare county, hopefully both of the c.c's, I guess I can get some supplys for my room while im at one of them, lite bulbs, fans, etc!

Peace

Jim