Urge To Meet ?

shall we meet?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. do you want to meet with people from our forums?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on the date chosen, we do have some options available near Gaylord.

We can have a building/meeting space available.  For those that are traveling/want to camp/have bonfire/stay later, etc..... We can have exclusive access to a 10 room mmj friendly hotel.  There is room/space available for those with campers/wishing to camp.  They will provide us with a bon fire pit and a common indoor "rec" area.  There is a public park/fishing streams/lakes/ etc. all within a few minutes.

(The Gaylord area was mentioned previously as a "semi-midway" point between the UP and LP,attempting to make it possible for more to attend-Personally, I do not care where the event is held, but MY help with locations that are free and affordable would be constrained to the Gaylord Area)

Depending on the date chosen, we do have some options available near Gaylord.

We can have a building/meeting space available. For those that are traveling/want to camp/have bonfire/stay later, etc..... We can have exclusive access to a 10 room mmj friendly hotel. There is room/space available for those with campers/wishing to camp. They will provide us with a bon fire pit and a common indoor "rec" area. There is a public park/fishing streams/lakes/ etc. all within a few minutes.

(The Gaylord area was mentioned previously as a "semi-midway" point between the UP and LP,attempting to make it possible for more to attend-Personally, I do not care where the event is held, but MY help with locations that are free and affordable would be constrained to the Gaylord Area)

Sounds like the perfect place to me!

I think it would be wise if we indicate a month in which we are "least busy".  I think there were concerns over graduation parties, 4th of July, weather, etc.  Obviously not everyone is going to be able to be accommodated, but input could help accommodate the majority. 

Input on time frame?

hmm let me think!  IM not doing anything any month, so im in when ever it is!  :yahoo-wave:

I have extreme issues with high humidity. I will travel to where ever is decided.

The amount of my ability to participate in any day time (even nights) will be

directly affected by the weather. I prefer mid spring or mid fall season.

Oh, and probably like so many of us, the lower the cost the better :)

I have extreme issues with high humidity. I will travel to where ever is decided.

The amount of my ability to participate in any day time (even nights) will be

directly affected by the weather. I prefer mid spring or mid fall season.

Oh, and probably like so many of us, the lower the cost the better :)

I can run my a.c any where, but it will only run my camper, it wont run other campers a.c but it will run lites and t.v in a few others. Microwaves like to mess with my honda 3200 generator, it is so quiet I can put it under my bedroom window and it dont bother me, in fact we will here others generators from far away before we hear mine. lol, been there done that!

Peace

Jim

we are working on finding some deals...

thank you everyone for being patient patients...

i will update as soon as we have the dates available dialed in a little better..

maybe then we can all choose the best for everyone from the ones available and confirm the date..

thank you everyone who is helping make this gathering possible in here and in the background... i am actually getting very excited to see old friends and come meet new people (except you jim... LOL phaqueuto :) )

more soon :)

horseshoes, darts and backgammon are my games.

Best bone up on those backgammon skills Bob, I will bring my board ;)

Maybe a lil acey deucy too ?

That doesn't sound like a grudge match invitation!

No stakes, just good ole fun and games(wo)manship :D

Although that was the 1st. thing the doc asked when I challenged him to a friendly game :)

Newsflash, the meeting will feature a 'grudge match' in backgammon between Imi and I.  Bring popcorn.

Dr. Bob

Geese Bob, leave it to you to take a friendly challenge and turn it into a grudge match, smh.

Guess I better hit the senior center or somewhere ? to find people to practice

playing this game with as I've not rolled the bones in over 20 years, lmso!

It saddens me to see LARPING isnt on the games list. Guess i will put my costume away and get out the bicycle cards...

larping-413x500.jpg

How about The First Annual Michigan Medical Marijuana Association Croquet Tournament and Pirate Reenactment?

Can the Pirate reenactment be considered LARPING ? LOL

That doesn't sound like a grudge match invitation!

Although that was the 1st. thing the doc asked when I challenged him to a friendly game :)

Geese Bob, leave it to you to take a friendly challenge and turn it into a grudge match, smh.

Guess I better hit the senior center or somewhere ? to find people to practice

playing this game with as I've not rolled the bones in over 20 years, lmso!

Hey, look up 'tongue in cheek'.  

I'm looking forward to our friendly game.

Dr. Bob