Urge To Meet ?

shall we meet?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. do you want to meet with people from our forums?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

The overnight capacity is a 10 room motel.  (Rustic, Clean, highly rated)  - The motel/motel area would be exclusive to our group.

Pretty much unlimited camping/camper area to the rear of the hotel. 

The motel has also offered us use of a seperate "rec area" for indoor socializing . (has dart board, large fridge, cable tv, etc.)  There is a bonfire area with permission to utilize.

We could set up a tent in the outdoor area of the motel and have daytime gathering there.  For more of a formal meeting space/if we need it - We have use of an apx. 1200 sq ft. building (club building/not located at the hotel).  There are a few options depending on what is needed/desired.

That sounds good, but come on now darlin, You know ive given you directions to the middle of no where with no cell service and you got to us, in fact you got to us 2 times, you got to venders also, but when you found us out in the wilderness, you have to admit im a good direction giver, and your a good direction follower, dont any one think it would be better out in the middle of no where on the water some where, it dont have to be no where in my county, I know places all over michigan we can actualy camp for free, in tents or campers and no one will bother us out there!

for those that dont have campers and toilets, we can put up a womens and a mans tent, the men will only need it when they have to sit. get it, it sounds like sit, im a poet and didnt know it!

Peace

Jim

edit= Im gonna go longer than a day no matter where we do it, if its out in the woods I may stay all summer! :bong7bp:

Edited by phaquetoo

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way this years goin,they may still have snow on the ground up there.Wouldn't put the person with 2 posts down but I don't recall anything sayin Patients can't get together to medicate?? And if a good time just happens to break out - well....

That says bonfire to me. We hafta get a cord of wood. Can we start a party kitty?

That says bonfire to me. We hafta get a cord of wood. Can we start a party kitty?

there is wood every where, Ive camped all summer and never paid for wood, have chain saw will travel, if it isnt on national forrest property you can get a wood cutting permit for camping, they give you and area to cut in, to tell ya the truth ive not had to go and get to much wood that way either,,specialy at the time of yr their talking, there is wood all over that fell all winter long, some places we go down the rivers on our john boats or kyaks and get out and clear the river back out so we can go down them, ya go up river and cut them and hopefuly float em back to camp!

Im not sure if they give you a permit in the huron national forrest for cutting fire wood for camping, but if they are working on launches and parks and they leave wood that is cut like fire wood 16 to 18 inches you can have it, I asked lol, if it is 4ft long dont take it, if it is alot longer you can log it out and take it! if your camping anywhere near a launch there are always forrester workers around there, Ive asked them, the last time we camped 3 months in alcona county, i only moved my site 3 times and had wood to get all summer!

Peace

Jim

p.s I wasnt picking on the guy who thinks peeps w/o cards may be reading!  I just made an observation, Im glad he knows we already all know that people are in here for other reasons than to be pts and c.g's and friends!

Be careful with some of these post,,,,,, when I read them, it looks suspicious,,,,,,,, like some people have cards that should not.  We don't we want to jeopardize the Michigan Medical Marijuana program.

Could you please elaborate on this post ? 

We all are REGISTERED Patients and Caregivers here. 

I do not understand where you have reason to believe a little get together, comraraderie and fun can in any way jeopardize OUR MMMP ? Ludicrous imho.

(camaraderie 

a spirit of familiarity and trust existing between friends)

there is wood every where, Ive camped all summer and never paid for wood, have chain saw will travel, if it isnt on national forrest property you can get a wood cutting permit for camping, they give you and area to cut in, to tell ya the truth ive not had to go and get to much wood that way either,,specialy at the time of yr their talking, there is wood all over that fell all winter long, some places we go down the rivers on our john boats or kyaks and get out and clear the river back out so we can go down them, ya go up river and cut them and hopefuly float em back to camp!

Im not sure if they give you a permit in the huron national forrest for cutting fire wood for camping, but if they are working on launches and parks and they leave wood that is cut like fire wood 16 to 18 inches you can have it, I asked lol, if it is 4ft long dont take it, if it is alot longer you can log it out and take it! if your camping anywhere near a launch there are always forrester workers around there, Ive asked them, the last time we camped 3 months in alcona county, i only moved my site 3 times and had wood to get all summer!

Peace

Jim

p.s I wasnt picking on the guy who thinks peeps w/o cards may be reading!  I just made an observation, Im glad he knows we already all know that people are in here for other reasons than to be pts and c.g's and friends!

Okay. Thanks for your generous offer.

Still remember when I had 2 posts -felt a little strange back then.Wood is Everywhere up there for bon fires.So are Mushrooms that time of year.Nuthin better than deer steaks covered with some sauteed morels.Mmmmmm!

Oh man I hear that, all of it, all good my friend! lets go camping and have a ball!

Peace

Jim

I should be speaking in further detail about this event with one of the mods tonight, before AMCS's public meeting.  We should have more of the details "fine tuned" and be better equipped to answer questions. 

On another note:  One of AMCS's regular supporters/members donated some really nice items to the club.    I picked a few out to raffle at this event.  

One is a new Omicron v2.5 (retail $139) - a very cool prize! 

Can dogs come? I don't go without my dawgs.

You should get your dawgz service doggie I'd. Take those hounds to Bennihanna and feed dem bit chezz from the table.

But seriously, is the camp area k9 friendly???

Edited cuz I was talking about female dogs. It's not cussing if you're taling bout literal bit chezzz.

Edited by jessiejamez

• 3 months later...

Well........

A.M.C.S is holding a get together on Saturday, August 24th. 

We have a piece of private property in Otsego County's Pigeon River Forest. (about 10 miles north of Gaylord)

We are planning a BBQ and Bonfire and attendees are more than welcome to bring a tent or trailer to camp over.  (RV's/trailers need to RSVP for guaranteed space)

Everyone is welcome to attend.  We are not planning any specific speakers, as per the "no agenda" request. 

Members have donated/are donating some awesome prizes to raffle. (including the new Omicron Portable Vape mentioned above) 

Edited by northerngal

:) excellent.. :jig: 

thank you so much Northerngal for all the time and effort you put forth to help members of the community... 

you are such an asset to the medical cannabis community. :thumbsu: 

i have marked it in my calender and i will be coming to your event for sure..  I'm so excited to see you and everyone over in your neck of the woods again... :camp: 

you and your club members have done so much to help out patient's who need guidance and information...

you folks are an inspiration to us all... :bighug: 

thank you again for everything you do :)

Edited by mibrains

:) excellent.. :jig: 

thank you so much Northerngal for all the time and effort you put forth to help members of the community... 

you are such an asset to the medical cannabis community. :thumbsu: 

i have marked it in my calender and i will be coming to your event for sure..  I'm so excited to see you and everyone over in your neck of the woods again... :camp: 

you and your club members have done so much to help out patient's who need guidance and information...

you folks are an inspiration to us all... :bighug: 

thank you again for everything you do :)

I do not do what I do for thanks, but it is very much appreciated :)    I am glad you are excited to visit us again!  We always look forward to smiling faces! 

The Alpine Medical Cannabis Society is proud to be celebrating its 2 year "anniversary".  There are many days I ask myself what I got myself into and just as many that I feel we are doing something important for the community.  We are very fortunate to have some dedicated members/supporters who are true activists for medical marijuana. 

In discussions and internet threads, over the last several months many voiced a desire to get together on "neutral ground" and have a no agendas type get together.  An atmosphere where people can discuss ideas, meet new people and have some fun.  The 3MA is not in a position to hold such a gathering at this time. 

Although it is taking some time to pull together, AMCS agreed to host such an event.  We are trying to accommodate most requests that have filtered in, like having yard games, a bonfire, a place for tents/campers for those wishing to stay over, a private area for those needing to medicate, private property where all can feel at ease, etc.   Summer is a busy time for everyone and pulling the details together has been a longer process than anticipated.  We are finishing up details next week at our private meeting.  If anyone has any requests or opinions, please forward them to me before that time.  We are certainly open to ideas but also have a time frame to work within.  I would like this event to be a fun time for all and would like everyone to feel welcome.  There will be no cost to attend or participate.  We will be holding a "raffle" with many awesome prizes (donated by members and local businesses).  All donations/proceeds from the raffle will help with the clubs summer property tax on our "clubhouse" building. 

We have had a few people inquire about selling there products at this event.  (T-shirts, glassware, etc.)   If you are a "vendor" of a specific product or products, we welcome you to set up a table.  We will not be having any set fees for vending, a donation is always appreciated if you have decent sales.  You are welcome to bring a table and set up, I just ask that you be respectful of your surroundings.  I will be requesting that no open sales of medication be conducted. 

If you want to bring a tent and/or camper to stay over, you are more than welcome.  I would like to ask any trailers/campers contact me prior to the event to guarantee a spot.  We have several acres to pitch tents, so no prior request is necessary for those wishing to camp in a tent. 

Questions will be answered to the best of my ability.  We will also do our best with any requests.

I hope to see many faces join us in celebrating our Michigan Medical Marijuana Act and AMCS's 2 years of "community service". 

I do not do what I do for thanks, but it is very much appreciated :)    I am glad you are excited to visit us again!  We always look forward to smiling faces! 

The Alpine Medical Cannabis Society is proud to be celebrating its 2 year "anniversary".  There are many days I ask myself what I got myself into and just as many that I feel we are doing something important for the community.  We are very fortunate to have some dedicated members/supporters who are true activists for medical marijuana. 

In discussions and internet threads, over the last several months many voiced a desire to get together on "neutral ground" and have a no agendas type get together.  An atmosphere where people can discuss ideas, meet new people and have some fun.  The 3MA is not in a position to hold such a gathering at this time. 

Although it is taking some time to pull together, AMCS agreed to host such an event.  We are trying to accommodate most requests that have filtered in, like having yard games, a bonfire, a place for tents/campers for those wishing to stay over, a private area for those needing to medicate, private property where all can feel at ease, etc.   Summer is a busy time for everyone and pulling the details together has been a longer process than anticipated.  We are finishing up details next week at our private meeting.  If anyone has any requests or opinions, please forward them to me before that time.  We are certainly open to ideas but also have a time frame to work within.  I would like this event to be a fun time for all and would like everyone to feel welcome.  There will be no cost to attend or participate.  We will be holding a "raffle" with many awesome prizes (donated by members and local businesses).  All donations/proceeds from the raffle will help with the clubs summer property tax on our "clubhouse" building. 

We have had a few people inquire about selling there products at this event.  (T-shirts, glassware, etc.)   If you are a "vendor" of a specific product or products, we welcome you to set up a table.  We will not be having any set fees for vending, a donation is always appreciated if you have decent sales.  You are welcome to bring a table and set up, I just ask that you be respectful of your surroundings.  I will be requesting that no open sales of medication be conducted. 

If you want to bring a tent and/or camper to stay over, you are more than welcome.  I would like to ask any trailers/campers contact me prior to the event to guarantee a spot.  We have several acres to pitch tents, so no prior request is necessary for those wishing to camp in a tent. 

Questions will be answered to the best of my ability.  We will also do our best with any requests.

I hope to see many faces join us in celebrating our Michigan Medical Marijuana Act and AMCS's 2 years of "community service". 

Congrats on your 2nd yr! n.g

Im gonna do my very best to come up with my side kick what was her name lol oh yea mimmom!  hey how come that acct is closed lmao!

Its the least I could do, you have come to see us and I truly want to come and see you and the others near you!

no camper gonna just tent it the old fashion way, (i dont know how i will live wink wink) sounds like a great plan!

I do appreciate you!

Peace

Jim

Edited by phaquetoo

Congrats on your 2nd yr! n.g

Im gonna do my very best to come up with my side kick what was her name lol oh yea mimmom!  hey how come that acct is closed lmao!

Its the least I could do, you have come to see us and I truly want to come and see you and the others near you!

no camper gonna just tent it the old fashion way, (i dont know how i will live wink wink) sounds like a great plan!

I do appreciate you!

Peace

Jim

Are you warning others here, Phaq ? :P  Just teasing!  We hope you make it and look forward to seeing you and your "sidekick" again!  It is sure to be a great time with great people!  BTW, it's not too far from an area that your family used to own/visit when you were young!  Funny thing is, its only a few miles from where SJ used to go to boy scout camp as a kid too!  

Thank you for your appreciation!  I have been so very blessed to become friends with so many great people in the medical marijuana community! 

Are you warning others here, Phaq ?  :P  Just teasing!  We hope you make it and look forward to seeing you and your "sidekick" again!  It is sure to be a great time with great people!  BTW, it's not too far from an area that your family used to own/visit when you were young!  Funny thing is, its only a few miles from where SJ used to go to boy scout camp as a kid too!  

Thank you for your appreciation!  I have been so very blessed to become friends with so many great people in the medical marijuana community! 

Well I hope that isnt a warning!  I would hate for any one not to go because im going!  I would just as soon stay home before I thought that!

Welllllll........I may be warning some one, he this lil guy who writes in pretty colors um what his name,,,,mibrains?  yea thats the lil fella's name!

(I will prob poop my self if he walks up behind me)

Peace

Jim

p.s He has been avoiding me for so long,,,,I think he is afraid of me,,,but i dont think any one else is!

Well I hope that isnt a warning!  I would hate for any one not to go because im going!  I would just as soon stay home before I thought that!

Welllllll........I may be warning some one, he this lil guy who writes in pretty colors um what his name,,,,mibrains?  yea thats the lil fella's name!

(I will prob poop my self if he walks up behind me)

Peace

Jim

p.s He has been avoiding me for so long,,,,I think he is afraid of me,,,but i dont think any one else is!

I was just teasing you :)  You know that!

Have you seen that "Mibrains" fella?  I doubt there is much that scares him.  He's about as big as Paul Bunyan and will block the sun if he walks up behind you.  He's pretty mild mannered unless you tick him off.  (I have not had the opportunity to see him "ticked off" - but he may not appreciate you pooping on him - who knows how mild his manner will be after that one!  :lolu: ) 

Seriously though, it's nice to put names with faces after reading a persons words for years.  I had one gentleman ask me at a club meeting where "Northerngal" was, he knew that "Northerngal" was part of AMCS and had expected her to be at the meeting.  He didn't seem to believe that I was "Northerngal".  I don't think he believed it until we actually started the meeting.  I guess I wasn't what he was expecting, although he was polite and seemed genuinely happy to meet me.  It seems people create images of what a person may look like from their words and I wasn't much like the image this person had created.  (imagine that :rolleyes: )

I already know your bark is worse than your bite and you can actually behave in public, if you choose to.   I don't scare or intimidate easily though!   My skin seems to grow thicker by the year as well!

It will be a great time for sure ;)  We look forward to seeing you!

Edited by northerngal