The President Still Violating The Rights Of The Sick And Dieing.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1948 United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (CPPCG). Article 2 of this convention defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."[3]

again just from the article...."California state law declares that medical marijuana patients are permitted to cultivate as many cannabis plants as is medically necessary to sustain adequate medicinal treatment." you know the terminal lady, nope no violation for plant count. they also never even checked, just raided her.

I don't usually consult severely biased news reports as my source of law. Apparently you do. This from the truth seeker and Mr. "I don't blindly follow any political party, etc." You crack me up. Basically you just proved that you blindly follow whatever suits your current proclivity.

http://www.canorml.o...s-in-california

California NORML strongly advises Prop 215 patients to continue following the SB 420 guidelines – six mature or 12 immature plants and 8 ounces of processed marijuana except where local guidelines specify more. The Supreme Court’s recent Kelly decision has been widely misinterpreted to imply that the limits no longer apply, and that patients can therefore grow as much as they want. In fact, the Court’s decision lets the police arrest anyone who exceeds the guidelines, The only thing it disallows is for the guidelines to be used as a basis for conviction in criminal trials.

So, unless you don’t mind being arrested and dragged into court for a felony trial, where you will have to show that the amount of marijuana you had was consistent with your medical needs, the best rule of thumb is to follow the guidelines. The Kelly decision simply re-affirms the original intent of SB 420, which was to establish reasonable guidelines for arrest - not automatic limits for guilt.

Edited by CaveatLector

It is a perfectly valid comparison.

All Gestapo were not Nazis. Most of the Gestapo were recruited from existing police forces and career civil servants. Calling someone "Gestapo" is saying that they are an enforcer of totalitarianism and blindly follow orders.

The Nazis and Gestapo committed many wrongs that were not related to Jewish people.

All Gestapo were not Nazis. Most of the Gestapo were recruited from existing police forces and career civil servants. Calling someone "Gestapo" is saying that they are an enforcer of totalitarianism and blindly follow orders.

The Nazis and Gestapo committed many wrongs that were not related to Jewish people.

Uhh, maybe they weren't members of the Nazi party but they were controlled by the Nazi party. They wore a swastika pin, my man. The swastika was the symbol of the Nazi party. So, saying they weren't Nazis is sort of like saying you aren't Catholic even if you attend mass every Sunday.

Furthermore, the term, "Gestapo" means someone is the enforcer of totalitarianism and blindly follows orders? Really? From where I stand Gestapo has always evoked thoughts of secret police, nighttime kiddnappings of people never to be seen again, and exercise of power that was above the law. If you ask 10 people what Gestapo means to them you are unlikely to walk away with a single one telling you that it means someone blindly following orders. More often than not I think it would conjure up thoughts of unprovoked killings and other crimes against humanity.

Does anyone besides me think it's a little strange that someone, anyone, would defend the Gestapo?

Does anyone besides me think it's a little strange that someone, anyone, would defend the Gestapo?

i didnt think he was defending the gestapo. I think its very plain that he isnt. i understand the subject matter makes it easy for some to scream racism. I also understand that is a tool some use.... In this case he pointed out a lot of gestapo were former police, from my understanding this is true. he also said the gestapo and the nazis committed many horrible crimes against people other than the jews as well. I in all seriousness can not imagine how you think he was defending the gestapo.

This is a hoot. This wildly ridiculous meandering used to justify the comparison is so crazy. It's like if I said GW is like Saddam Hussein and he argued that he wasn't like Saddam because Saddam murdered the Kurds. Then I qualified it by saying, "Noooooo, I meant that mild and gentle side of Saddam not often seen by the public. You know, the nurturing side where he was a loving grandpappy."

This is nutso. When someone uses Gestapo as a comparison it isn't meant to compare to mindless drones that are servants to a dictator. It's meant to compare to organizational killing and genocide as well as many other crimes against humanity. To say that some of the Gestapo weren't cardholding Nazis or that they were recruited from the boy scouts isn't relevant in the context of the reference. So save the minutia because you can't dig yourself out of this.

Lastly, this has become way off topic, but who cares? The OP made a post basically claiming that the president is a liar. I think I sufficiently drew his attention to the fact that he is wrong. What's new? It's just another in a long line of mindless smearing.

edited to add: I think if you were Jewish (especially if you had family involved in the holocaust) you would have a better understanding of why this can be deeply offensive to some. I will also say that I am NOT Jewish but that I can understand and relate in many ways.

Edited by CaveatLector