Crohns Patients

I am curious how Crohns patients are keeping their symptoms "in check" (or possible remission) with the use of mmj. What methods of ingestion seem to work best for your Crohns? Are there methods of ingestion that seem to "aggravate" your symptoms? Have you found that certain strains help more than others? Are there different ways you treat the nausea vs the pain?

I appreciate any input anyone may have regarding this subject :)

Thank you for sharing! I appreciate all information.

******Just for clarification: My question regarding ingestion methods that may cause aggravation- This question is directed at the ingestion method rather than the cannabis itself. I am NOT implicating that cannabis aggravates any disease/symptom. e.g. - Crohns patients can (depending on severity and location of disease) have severe absorbation issues and have varying degrees of tolerance to anything entering the digestive system.*******

im in a dif boat.... ibs among other things.... i find most strains help... calm me down calm my guts down...ive also found relief in that i now eat more than once a day, even had breakfast with my kids today.... something i haven't done in a long time....i think the calming of my nerves helps a lot.....i used to show symptoms ( with out being gross) daily from my ibs..... maybe 2-3 days in the last month thats to mmj

small_clipboard_off.gif

Treatment of Crohn's disease with Cannabis: An Observational Study

http://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/21910367/reload=0;jsessionid=thyOAdXweR4Q5YPPTZ7e.2

I found this on the Europe Pub Med, perhaps you could contact them and ask for the best method of ingestion. Personally, I favor the suppository route. If that doesn't work, try contacting some of the researchers in Europe and Israel, there is a slim chance that they might help you.

I also found this: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=18359

I found these on Google searching for the "treatment of crohn's disease with cannabis."

I hope this helps you.

im in a dif boat.... ibs among other things.... i find most strains help... calm me down calm my guts down...ive also found relief in that i now eat more than once a day, even had breakfast with my kids today.... something i haven't done in a long time....i think the calming of my nerves helps a lot.....i used to show symptoms ( with out being gross) daily from my ibs..... maybe 2-3 days in the last month thats to mmj

IBS and IBD/Crohns have many of the same symptoms, so I understand your "boat"! I am very glad to hear you find such great relief with cannabis and you are able to enjoy meals with your family again. It is claimed that anxiety and stress exasperate digestive illnesses so I can imagine why "calming your nerves" also provides some relief. I hope you find continued relief with cannabis and those symptoms continue to dissipate.

Thank you for sharing!

small_clipboard_off.gif

Treatment of Crohn's disease with Cannabis: An Observational Study

http://europepmc.org...weR4Q5YPPTZ7e.2

I found this on the Europe Pub Med, perhaps you could contact them and ask for the best method of ingestion. Personally, I favor the suppository route. If that doesn't work, try contacting some of the researchers in Europe and Israel, there is a slim chance that they might help you.

I also found this: http://www.crohnsfor...ead.php?t=18359

I found these on Google searching for the "treatment of crohn's disease with cannabis."

I hope this helps you.

Thank you for the links provided! I am pretty well researched on the published information regarding the use of cannabis in treating the symptoms of Crohns and am always interested in reading more. Thanks again!