Igrow Induction Lighting

blindman21

I have not but I recently read an article that was emailed to me, from a fairly decent cannabis oriented website, which I apologize for my lack of specificity due to not remembering (I will post it when I come across it, so please take my word, for what ever that is worth, for it). The post had indicated that at this stage and despite some claims made by those who intend to sell them, that it is not too much more than fluorescent lighting although the bulbs will last substantially longer. They stated that t5s would likely work just as well . They felt it might be OK for veg. but would not produce superior results in flowering.

I personally have looked into induction lighting and when all is said and done not found it enticing enough to spend my money on.

Any one with direct experience please share because I would like to hear from you whether you agree or disagree with what I have read.

Be safe,Be well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I can speak a great deal about induction and Induction plant lights. I run the risk of getting kicked out of the forum as I have from all the other sited because they want me to pay to be an advertiser. So I will leave the sales out of the sales pitch. But you guys deserve to know the truth.

The Products sold by IG is a single spectrum standard induction light. This is the same light you would use if you wanted to light a parking garage or any commercial property. This "standard: product is a fantastic vegetation light by nature because of the blue spectrum is outstanding. See the attached picture of PAR curve. We have done some testing at the local organic grow shop. Cost on these is published on the net of $1,200.

What IG is doing is sell the customer a second flowering light for an additional charge of $400. The flowering bulb has the red spectrum needed for flowing plants to bloom.

A much better solution is to use a multi-spectrum lamp that includes vegetative and flowering spectrums.  See attached pic of multi-spectrum products PAR curve. This is the product we are testing light now with GREAT results. These tests are being done by professional plant growers in the field under their own conditions so we get a good idea on actual performance.

Cost on these should be around the $700 mark in an IP20 fixture ready to hang. This fixture is enclosed rectangle with a built in reflector and external ballast box mounted to the top of the fixture  and not some cheap shield with a ballast slapped on a reflector.

As an induction professional I find it atrocious and offensive that a company can slap a label on a product call it a plant light and price gouge the market.

post-34190-0-95149200-1364236084_thumb.jpg

post-34190-0-02954700-1364236890_thumb.jpg

@ Kingdiamond

I do not have any final pics of the grows done on the multi-spectrum products yet. I am not new to the lighting game but new to the plant light market. I do have a bunch of white papers that have TONS of great information on the grows done by the manufacture but none of my own or my testing partners.

I do understand the nees to see the results but I want to verify with documentation and actual results. I will post some pictures and test results as well as a 40+ page full report on manufactures grow prohects on my website. If any onts the report thay can hit me offline since this is not an advertising forum.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

where do I begin... igrow lights are a scam, they took old tech put a new label on it and got a great sales pitch (don't ask them about lumens they will be flustered) for about 1200 bucks.  I saw first hand 2 grows with these lights next to 600 watt hps.  the hps yielded 3 times as much.  there is no way a 400 watt anything can out do a 600w (they claim it matches a 750w hps)  I wouldn't even use these things for veg.  theres a reason we went with Edison instead of tesla. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am going against my brain and actually posting something on a forum again when i know it is mostly filled with schillers but have to say that iGROW lights are awesome.  Yes it took me a few grows to get it dialed in but now that i am i am kicking donkey with them and the veg is something i have never experience such high quality and even before i switched out my hps i got higher yields with the iGROW veg.  because of the competitors ruining my first posts on the other forums i started my own blog about them and have other guys sharing with me their grows,  proof is in the pudding and i love pudding.

please if you are from another induction lighting company, a LED company or just a hater leave me alone.

If you are actually looking to find out real grow data and communicate with someone who has 16 iGROW lights and how i use them successfully check me out at growwithinduction.com .

peace out

@ SteveyG I cannot argue with you about the quality light Induction lights puts out. My problem is the cost of their igrow products and the fact that they need you to purchase two lamps in order to get full spectrum. Just because the products are a "GROW/PLANT" light does not mean they have to price gouge growers. You are using a standard white off the shelf tunnel light as the veg light and we sale those for only $575 for customers that have used them as tunnel lights and linear highbays. Sorry they are standard products igrow is marking up to double price since you are a plant grower.

When you ask igrow about par levels they back peddle and do not provide any information.

We offer a Dual spectrum fixture with the blue spectrum and the red spectrum for flowing. Our cost is half that of igrow and there is no need to swap bulbs.

Induction rock but you need to think about a better light source. We are finishing the final testing from our independent partners who are about to go full cycle with our multi-spectrum induction grow lights.

Thanks for the very well written comment but your response is typical of any other grow induction lighting seller.  I did a lot of research before i ever would spend that amount of money and i am very confident that these are not tunnel lights and just being marked up to growers who need to be concerned about their energy usage.  

The igrow lights are made by the top induction lighting manufacturer in the country and not some shack or barn like the competitors, can you say that? Who is making your lights for you?  i would be willing to take a look at your company but even your suggestion that there is one light that does it all makes me weary that you are like all the others.  You need a veg and you need a flower lamp, every grower would agree with that, but send me your company info and i will take a look like i did the first time around.

So, what are you painting two sides of the bulb different colors?  i laughed at the ones that are pink and purple, do those guys think that LED lights work?  that is tricking people, so what are you putting half veg and half flower in a lamp, that would mean that you have half the light you need during veg and half you need for bloom.  

Can i also see some USDA or University testing results from your company?  I know it is a different crop but when i looked at iGROW they did do alot of work to make sure that their lights were validated, are you validating your lights just by hype? or price point?  OR are you strictly in the marijuana business?  

The truth about induction lighting is that it does work well, even if you are selling a cheap, repainted bulb but this is my theory that i used to go with igrow.  IF YOU ARE PURCHASING SOMETHING THAT GOES 10+ YEARS AND YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK IN THE ENERGY SAVINGS IN LESS THAN A YEAR, WHY WOULD YOU NOT BY THE BEST?  It is great that you have a less expensive light, but that doesnt mean anything to someone who knowns i am getting my money back the first year and i am getting it from someone who is making it that has been in the lighting business for almost 20 years and is a Michigan manufacturer.  

Cheaper does not mean better, especially when the most expensive pays you back so fast and has proven their success, hype or not igrow works, why should i take a chance on something else?

peace out

don't fall for the hoopla, but he's saying to you though in particular. lol

KD, he means pics can be manipulated, which he expects to see IG do, since he asserts IG is a scammer, selling old tech as new for big bux.

My comment:  Twitter is lending contortions of brevity and spelng to the enterprise of expressing oneself in plain English; everything is turncated and the sender assumes the receiver will make the necessary programming flips to find his meaning.

Edited by pic book

@ SteveyG

I assure I am not just pulling the wool over everyone eyes. my question to you you if they are not a standard induction lamp then whay do they only work on a single spectrum?

Why do you need to purchase an additional flowering light to get the bloom?

Believe me Sir I know exactly what iGrow is buying and the lamp source in China. I am an induction professional and I know of what I speak. unless you are usng a multi-spectrum light you ARE using a standard blue only tunnel light hyped up to be a grow light.

And YES we have a 48 page report on our products that explanes in detail the differences and why a dual spectrum is the better solution. If you are paying $1,200 bucks and you are happy then more power to you and your support for induction as an alternative to HID but Sir you are paying way more than you need to, it's just that simple.

Do you have the par spectrum on the iGrow light? I can not find one any where. I see smoke and mirrors.

I admire your passion and sticking to your guns but the simple truth is dual spectrum is better than a single light spectrum.

Don't get me wrong the standard off the shelf induction 5000k is an excelent grow light but it is time to pull back the curtin and expose the truth. the truth is a single spectrum light is a standard light.

Well i would be happy to throw in my two cents real quickly as i hope not to get sucked into a manufacturer / grower back and forth so here it goes.

A plant needs a vegetative frequency and then a bloom frequency and growers know that.  I am not questioning your knowledge of induction lighting i am questioning your knowledge of growing plants.  Have you even grow a medicinal plant?   

you keep saying that igrow is all smoke and mirrors but at the same time your profile says you are in kentucky, you send me a direct contact with a Texas fax number and a non existent US area code.  Come on, i get your a competitor and that you are trying to enter the market place and want to bald talk the company that is leading the way, thats cool, i understand competition and teach a lot of those things to my students.  

Spectrum charts and words can be manipulated but my pictures and grow trials are all real and i dont know how else to prove that then actual pictures movies and getting with other growers who have had great results with crops.  you have nothing but slander and manufacturer b.s. just like inda gro had and smart grow had and that is the main reason i started with igrow.  the store i get them from knowns there stuff, tested their lights before they took them on and helped me understand how to grow with them.  

Keep selling on the forums and i will keep growing with the best induction light, it is the best because no matter what you the expert in induction lighting and not plant lighting says my veg kicks donkey and my bloom is amazing at doing the job intended.  I have tried dual spectrum HPS, LED, CFL tried them all.  When it comes to these forums it becomes like i first stated growers like me defending manufacturers and that is pretty stupid because i share my information so that growers can grow better not to discredit and slander.

I hope people are smarter than that, but maybe not.

Good luck in Kentucky, Texas and where ever else you may be.

peace out

SteveyG

I dont understand the tone of conversation between SteveyG and inductionguy.  Is inductionguy harassing you on other forums?

His knowledge of plant growing has been attacked.  I agree, he probablly doesn't grow plants.

but.

All inductionguy is saying is that it's ridiculous to sell a single spectrum bulb when you can have a bulb that does it all.  AND this makes sense.  The sun emits all spectra.  We dont need a flowering sun and a vegging sun.  ONE sun.

Inductionguy:  Do you have products for sale?  Your website doesn't have products for sale and doesn't seem to be ready to live operation.

Edited by garyfisher