Local Gun Shop/range Pushing For Mm Patients From Gettin Cpl/ccw

The paper is arguably already outdated. Plus the paper was not law per se, it was an agencies opinion.

Of course there is an argument and it is only an opinion from the ATF. It needs to be fought in a test case. How much money do you estimate it will cost to fight the ATF over this?

Dr. Bob

To me it seems like it was a statement issued in hopes of making people with both worried and to see what would happen, I suspect people weren't surrendering in their pistol permits and guns, they heard the constitutional backlash that other states have had I don't recall what state but I feel like in Oregon there was a CPL holder who won in court I'd have to do some scrounging for that. It's real real hard to change the constitution, the second right is the second right. Once the ATF was formed they made a list of rules and whatnot but that isn't the constitution which precedes. You're going to have a hell of a time getting guns away from someone just because they use MM instead of vicodin or whatever the alternative is. I agree it'll cost probably $75-100k to be the test subject, and that's money I don't have but it is just an opinion not a law and I think it would be real hard to be convicted unless you were robbing a grow or breaking another law opposed to being stopped on a traffic stop with your pistol and some medication and have you thrown in jail. I know plenty of people in MI with both, many are avid target shooters and hunters, travel with both on them (which I wouldn't suggest to do at this time) on a regular basis, have had police interaction and have had no charges filed or even questions on having the two together. Touchy subject but I think if it came down to it you could win if you had deep enough pockets to not take a plea and keep going until you won

Actually if you had the card but never smoked, or won’t test positive for THC. You’d be ok. But, what’s the point. The State has no law against alcohol/drugs except if you are high/drunk and shouldn’t possess a gun in public high/drunk. There is a Bill going through right now that protects you wile intoxicated; in your own dwelling you can defend yourself with your gun in your own place of sleep. (Home, Hotel, friends couch ect…if the bill goes through…It will in some form. It only makes sence.

http://www.michigan....02_410145_7.pdf

There's a lot of law changes here...http://www.michigan....7129---,00.html

My point to Clare was that simply having a card didn't prove you were using it. Only by using it would you have to say yes to illegal drugs. They indicated that if someone has a card it is presumed they are using it. I am thinking of getting a card just to prove them wrong.

Dr. Bob

I do not need a hand gun but thought it would be fun for me and my wife to go target shooting sometime. Not a big deal so maybe someday it will change. It is crazy because there are plenty of people that are crazy in the head and have a concealed permit I know of one personally he is crazy and unstable but is able to carry a concealed weapon LOL

Good idea Dr.Bob. Get the card just in case you need the card. I need my MM more than for pain relief.

I got a piece of meet stuck in my Esophagus, couldn’t swallow, couldn’t take my HBP pills. But I could smoke. So I kept it down by smoking, until I went to the ER. Then no smoking MM so it wore off in about 2 hours. Then the IV meds took 12 hours to lower back to normal.

I’ve been doing my own HBP/MM testing since 2009. I have shown my wife the results and how quick it works. She is no longer anti pot. Now she makes sure I go smoke one if my reading is up.

It could be saving my life any given day. l_f8636c68c79d4db5b0c7cee6a2aa7a87.gif

Re: the original topic (the form developed by Top Gun): I highly encourage ALL shooters - not just card holders - to boycott this store. I've shot at 90% of the ranges in metro Detroit, and Top Gun was already on my personal "banned list" before this. They are not customer focused, they enforce their range rules intermittently, and generally maintain a snotty, superior attitude which is all too common amongst gun store employees. They've outright lied to my face and ripped me off in the past. Take your money elsewhere. There is a nice little mom 'n' pop range down the road from them (Wolverine Sports) that gets my money now. No attitude there, just friendly folks - the polar opposite of Top Gun.

My point to Clare was that simply having a card didn't prove you were using it. Only by using it would you have to say yes to illegal drugs. They indicated that if someone has a card it is presumed they are using it. I am thinking of getting a card just to prove them wrong.

Dr. Bob

They are paraphrasing a line in the ATF memo. Do these guys work for Clare or the ATF? I don't see how they can incorporate federal rules into a local process.

Good idea Dr.Bob. Get the card just in case you need the card. I need my MM more than for pain relief.

I got a piece of meet stuck in my Esophagus, couldn’t swallow, couldn’t take my HBP pills. But I could smoke. So I kept it down by smoking, until I went to the ER. Then no smoking MM so it wore off in about 2 hours. Then the IV meds took 12 hours to lower back to normal.

I’ve been doing my own HBP/MM testing since 2009. I have shown my wife the results and how quick it works. She is no longer anti pot. Now she makes sure I go smoke one if my reading is up.

It could be saving my life any given day. l_f8636c68c79d4db5b0c7cee6a2aa7a87.gif

Actually the main reason I would get one would be to use it as an example of the fact that possession of a card does not prove use. Might come in handy in court some time.

They are paraphrasing a line in the ATF memo. Do these guys work for Clare or the ATF? I don't see how they can incorporate federal rules into a local process.

They can do anything they want unless you have the time and money to challenge it. That is a common problem.

I cannot see how this could be the case. The LARA pain and symptom management website says this:

If what you were saying is true, a gun owner that breaks his leg skiing and is prescribed vicodin for the pain would immediately have to give up his guns. That doesn't make any sense to me, legally speaking.

It doesn't make any sense to me either, but it is what it is.

I would encourage all of you to hit up the NRA and let them know. If we don't tell them where we stand they don't know and we will have no excuse. It is real easy to send them a message on facebook or even look up who our regional leaders are and send them a note. Win hearts and minds my friends.