Two Year Cards ?

Well the card came today and says expires on 4-1-2014 so only a one year card, still has my original issue date of 6-25-2010. You would think if I expire on 4-1 that it would have been for two years....Oh well next year I guess.

Wildman

You would think that the issue date of a card that expires on 4/1 would be in March. That's usually how they have been doing it. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not excited to wait 30+ days for the card to arrive, but that seems to be the way it is. Question, can you still get caregiver services before your card arrives? Seems like most caregivers want to see an approval letter or hard card. You're technically legal 21 days after your check/money order was cashed, correct? Now that doesn't give you a section 4 defense because you don't have a card with an ID number on it yet, right? Or can the LEO call LARA and verify that your application was approved?

Not excited to wait 30+ days for the card to arrive, but that seems to be the way it is. Question, can you still get caregiver services before your card arrives? Seems like most caregivers want to see an approval letter or hard card. You're technically legal 21 days after your check/money order was cashed, correct? Now that doesn't give you a section 4 defense because you don't have a card with an ID number on it yet, right? Or can the LEO call LARA and verify that your application was approved?

You can get caregiver services before you get card in hand or 21 days have elapsed, and Section 8 is a potential caregiver's only protection until you have either, 21 day paperwork is not assured. Knock yourself out. Because you want it free, don't count on it.

The Lady at the front desk of a certification clinic told me that there are new forms for the two year cards and that the forms wont be available until after 4.1.13 not sure if its true though..

I just went and looked at the forms they are giving out at the LARA site and they have recently changed. They were different just last week.

There are new forms.  It is a combination new/renewal/caregiver change form.  6 pages long.  I also was told today that they are going by the date on the application, prior to 4-1 and on the old forms it is 1 year, after on the new forms it is 2.  

This is unconfirmed.  As previously stated, I'll renew for half price next year any 1 year cards with an expiration date of 1-1-14 due to the date the law was changed prior to implementation.  Personally I think that is the only fair way I can address it.

Dr. Bob   

The new certification forms are out and can be downloaded from the state website here.  The state will continue to accept the old forms for the month of April, BUT they will only qualify you for a ONE YEAR card.  It has come to our attention that some patients are still being issued the old forms with their certification due to the failure of their doctors/clinics to update to the new forms.  Make sure your certification is with a clinic that follows the current guidelines (you meet with the doctor, you are required to have medical records, there is a follow up, and the new forms are used).

The price of the registration with the state is still $100 for the new two year certification, and samples of the documents needed for the $25 reduced fee can be found here.  Our prices for the certification visit, which include free follow up and free expert witness services from the doctor, have not changed.  

Stay tuned to the website for our new on line application process, which will streamline your forms and allow you to qualify for a reduced price for your certification.  You will still have to meet in person with the physician at one of our clinics, but the on line paperwork and prepayment will reduce errors and make filling out the state forms a breeze.  They will also create a secured, on line medical record for you to obtain copies of your certification documents, do on line follow ups, and replace your paper records in our office (in the unlikely event law enforcement ever tries to seize our records, once you renew on line your records are no longer there).

Remember to check your expiration dates and refer to our clinic schedule to renew your certifications.

Dr. Bob

More than likely but maybe you slipped one past the goalie...  We'll see when you get it.  But I suspect you will get 1 year.  The problem is those using the old forms now when the new ones are available.  Insist on the new forms or bring your own.

Dr. Bob