Ok For Lawyers To Get Mmma Cards?

Nancy_Botwin

Are there any cases or possible penalties/sanctions for lawyers who get their MMMA card? I know the Act specifically states that the identity of patients cannot be disclosed to professional organizations but I also heard about a judge who was considering ordering the list of patients being disclosed to some group - or something of that nature. Is that true? If it were disclosed, would the grievance commission have an issue with an attorney being a patient?

I know many attorneys and physicians that are patients. No issues. I do know that the Board doesn't want physicians to be caregivers, because of the relationship between physician and patient, but at most I would think the bar would have the same stance.

Dr. Bob

Are there any cases or possible penalties/sanctions for lawyers who get their MMMA card? I know the Act specifically states that the identity of patients cannot be disclosed to professional organizations but I also heard about a judge who was considering ordering the list of patients being disclosed to some group - or something of that nature. Is that true? If it were disclosed, would the grievance commission have an issue with an attorney being a patient?

How could you be sanctioned for possessing a card? Possession of a card is not a crime nor proof of use.

Furthermore, per section 4, an attorney-patient cannot be disciplined for medical use in accordance with the act.

I personally know a number of professionals that are hesitant to get their MMJ card through the same agency that provides them with their licenses to practice their professions.

And yes, they all know the MMM Act says they will be protected, but they also know that licensing boards are very good at finding ways to question a person's 'professionalism' without going directly at their MMJ use.

I'm sure that's why many professionals are not MMJ patients who might otherwise apply for a card.