Middlemen

It looks to me like most of the problems with medical marijuana in this state are being stirred up by 'middlemen'.

Dispensaries, storage locker systems, vending machines and Mediswipe database type businesses.

None of these businesses actually produce anything. The only reason they exist is so they can take the cannabis from my hand, give it to a patient, and then charge them for the privilege.

They are all going with some variation of the alcohol model. Regulate and tax.

If recreational marijuana was legal in Michigan then I would have no objection to any of them. I would not patronize them, but would not object.

However, cannabis use in this state is intended for the relief of medical symptoms and not for recreational users.

It was never intended to be a profit maker for those who merely plan on "passing it on" and taking a cut.

I for one have written to my representatives and told them that I don't believe that any of these business models fit into our law and should not be mingled with it in any way, shape or form.

I would like to urge others to do so also, none of these people have the patients best interest at heart.

If they want to legalize recreational use then by all means feel free to regulate and tax it to your hearts content, but stay away from patients rights.

If you are supplying cannabis with the sole intent of marking it up before it gets to the patient then it is my sincere hope that you are soon driven out of business by whatever means are most expedient.

It looks to me like most of the problems with medical marijuana in this state are being stirred up by 'middlemen'.

Dispensaries, storage locker systems, vending machines and Mediswipe database type businesses.

None of these businesses actually produce anything. The only reason they exist is so they can take the cannabis from my hand, give it to a patient, and then charge them for the privilege.

They are all going with some variation of the alcohol model. Regulate and tax.

If recreational marijuana was legal in Michigan then I would have no objection to any of them. I would not patronize them, but would not object.

However, cannabis use in this state is intended for the relief of medical symptoms and not for recreational users.

It was never intended to be a profit maker for those who merely plan on "passing it on" and taking a cut.

I for one have written to my representatives and told them that I don't believe that any of these business models fit into our law and should not be mingled with it in any way, shape or form.

I would like to urge others to do so also, none of these people have the patients best interest at heart.

If they want to legalize recreational use then by all means feel free to regulate and tax it to your hearts content, but stay away from patients rights.

If you are supplying cannabis with the sole intent of marking it up before it gets to the patient then it is my sincere hope that you are soon driven out of business by whatever means are most expedient.

Well stated, thank you Bill.

At least they showed their 'hand' and we can work to combat them.

Totally agree, Bill.

Let's 'fully legalize' it and let 'medical' MJ patients and caregivers carry on as the MMM Act allows them to do.

Win, win situation as I see it.

Chin Chin.

Fully agree.

Cannabis use Should Not Be A Crime for consenting adults.

I hear a train a coming. It's coming down the track.

Nice post WildBill.

Already made that call myself.

Your post was well thought out and insightful. The only thing I might say about cg s, and in defense of the middleman, some of you are a little out there and hard to take for some old sick people. Jus sayin. I've even met a couple farmers that weirded me out a little.