Mediswipe Is Not About Patient Safety

WB, you hit the nail on the head.  I was working on this kind of software about 2 years ago and working with a developer.  One of the features was 24/7 confirmation on the certification documentation via a secured server.  Pretty much let it go after the CoA green decision.  I have other software projects I work on and with in my 'spare' time.  I'm a big one for emr.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really needed something like Mediswipe you can get this for free.

Patient Files Lite

Rent yourself an office, get a credit card machine and you can pretend you're a hard charging businessman.  :phone:

It would also be cool if you wore a lab coat! Then you'd really look like a medical professional.  :lol:

And you cannot be these things why?

Oh yeah. Now I remember.

No need for credit card machines with SQUARE. Nifty little credit card reader for the mobile. I use it all the time in my day job without any hiccups.

That is what I use, really cool.  I also use Bank of America, take a picture of a check and it is in your account.  Very handy on those long trips to the UP.

What? Are you channeling peanutbutter? I know it is not polite to talk like this where he cannot respond. But sometimes I can't help myself.

Good Lord! I may need an exorcism!

(Maybe just a heavy smoke fumigation will suffice.)

Edited by Wild Bill

USAA has deposit @home as well, love it. Never even been to my bank. I have a brother that works as a developer at Epic, ever used their software ?

No, PM me with a link and I'll check it out.  I've been with USAA in the past as well, still carry their insurance on the vehicles.

They deal with large hospital systems, kaiser and such. Was just curious if you had experience with em. Always been very happy with usaa, have yet to file a claim though.

I used PowerMed with my internal medicine practice.  Got all sorts of awards on % of my patients getting preventative care, monitoring of asthma and diabetes, etc.  Was great with drug recalls too.  The day the recall went out, every one of my patients on that drug would have a letter in the mail.  No searching beyond a click or two of the keys.

Dr. Bob

Friday kicks off the Medical Marijuana Expo in Detroit

(WXYZ) - Friday kicks off the Medical Marijuana Expo in Detroit.

Organizers are setting up for the weekend expo at the Roostertail offering information on the many businesses related to medicinal marijuana and information on how to obtain a medical card to purchase marijuana.

There are an estimated 130-thousand patients registered in the state to use medical marijuana and around 27,000 caregivers licensed to give them marijuana.

Michael Friedman is CEO of Mediswipe. His company once based in Florida is now in Detroit.

Friedman's company >>matches the medical marijuana users together >>with the caregivers,>> allowing a financial transaction through a card called "Mediswipe".

His company is filling a hole left open in July when banks got cold feet after consumers started buying medical marijuana with a credit card.

As of today Michigan and 18 other states are approved for medicinal marijuana, and six more states have pending legislation and all the users need a way to pay--leading Friedman to Michigan.

Mediswipe will add numbers to the medical marijuana business that hasn't been tracked before.

Friedman thinks it's currently a more than $30 million a year business in Michigan, and if eventually taxed, could bring about $10 million to the state.

Naw, it is an idea.  And when folks realize that this is just a middle man getting a bite at the apple, it is an idea that will go away.  Unless dispensaries are legalized, then they may have a market because as they note, many credit card companies don't want anything to do with MMJ.  If you want to go to a dispensary with a credit card, this might come in handy for you.

Dr. Bob