Not That High.

greenbuddha

It's all in your point of view. If you saw it that way then I apologize. I really think I was right using info from my personal experiences with cannabis since 1978. Never once have I heard someone ask for 'The Weaker Stuff'. They just smoke less of the good stuff. I think someone who wrote the piece was trying to prop up their trashy cannabis. LOL SERIOUSLY. Who really wants swag?

Took your comment just as I think many other people would have taken it; as a personal, derogatory statement.

And yes, I accept your apology.

And you asked for one of my experiences, so here's one: I've found that I get far less negative BS back from people if I don't make my comments as 'absolute' statements.

Been around long enough to know that 'no one' can know 'that much' about 'anything'... including the subject of 'cannabis' or 'any other' subject.

Gotta run, later.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say they actually turned it down, just that they preferred something else. :)

Gotta agree,SF,  If I have to go back to the office after a toke at lunch, I certainly want to be able to do my job.

The concept may be BS to some people, but I'll bet there are 'producers' out there right now looking at the issue as it relates to the 'recreational users' in both Washington State and Colorado.

But I certainly understand the 'problem'. It's kind of like potatoes chips I suppose; can't just hit it once.

And yes, there very likely are people out there that actually will pay for a less potent cannabis.

I have several strains that I usually can't take more than a toke of because of the potency.  Sometimes even one good hit is too much for me.  I do have a high cbd low thc strain (4%) that I can actually smoke a bit more of and not be totally whacked.  The high thc heavy sativas bring on a little to much anxiety and can get really uncomfortable real quickly for me.

I can recall many times recommending my patients only take 3 or 4 tokes and put it down. That never lasts long tho. That is a very reasonable way to not get "too high", just stop toking after a few...

I have found this to be increasingly difficult since I have quit smoking cigs. ALWAYS WANTING ONE MORE TOKE... I was just thinking the other day that I wish I had something a little lighter during the day so I could toke when the craving hits. Alas, my meds are way to powerful, snark snark

Hey , I have smoked a lot of very enjoyable Caribbean pot that was low potency.

Not too strong kinda like strawberry cough but with a soft easy buzz.

I would buy some of that again.

So I can see where there point of view is coming from.

Also Bob down the street who hasn't smoked in Twenty years or ever for that matter shouldn't necessarily start with Chemdawg or OG Ghost.

That is my take away from the article.

Edited by ilynnboy

Everyone looks at things from their own point of view. Mine is medical right now and we have limits like 2.5 and 12 plants. That's why anything 'weaker' gets kicked to the curb. Potentcy rules when you have limits. There will always be limits even with recreational. Common sense tells me that when you have limits it's smart to have stronger strains that you can 'water down' various ways.

It is a great point you make concerning the limits.  Stil though I think you are overlooking the possibilities.

Thinking about how recreational use will not only begin, but how it will evolve. I expect that eventually there will be a market for lots of different effects and flavors and so a market for lots of different strains.  Look at the explosion of wine and beer varieties. 

Consider too the coffee houses in Amsterdam.  They carried a wide variety of THC content in their assorted offerings, not just the latest cup winner.

It is a great point you make concerning the limits.  Stil though I think you are overlooking the possibilities.

Thinking about how recreational use will not only begin, but how it will evolve. I expect that eventually there will be a market for lots of different effects and flavors and so a market for lots of different strains.  Look at the explosion of wine and beer varieties. 

Consider too the coffee houses in Amsterdam.  They carried a wide variety of THC content in their assorted offerings, not just the latest cup winner.

Wash, you said it much better me.

Just wish you had posted earlier, you could have saved me a bunch of typing.

Thanks for putting it so well.

It looks like a filler piece to me. The author could very well have had a deadline to meet and nothing to meet it with, so she wrote something that is not devoid of humor, but of facts.

Thank you Greg.

I have been contemplating how to express my opinion of this article and what it is 'trying' to say.

You said it much better than I would have :)

IMO, there are numerous derogatory catch phrases in this piece also , and these are just the type of phrases that the naysayers just love

to repeat, and repeat and repeat...

I prefer a nice stiff Sativa dom with my tea and crumpets in the A.M.

Thank you Greg.

I have been contemplating how to express my opinion of this article and what it is 'trying' to say.

IMO, there are numerous derogatory catch phrases in this piece also , and these are just the type of phrases that the naysayers just love

That says Lemon Haze to me. Not so much a smooth glide as a gentle tug.

Edited by GregS

Thank you Greg.

A 'cannabis' bed and breakfast. Again... what a GREAT idea!