Will My Card Be Good For One Year Or Two Years?

I sent in my paperwork to LARA today along with a $25 money order for the registration fee. By the time they get around to approving my application it should be after April 1st. I wonder if my card will be good for one year or two? I'm assuming only one, since the certification and application form are both dated before 4/1/13.

Anyway, let me know what you think. 

I am willing to bet that the expiration date will be on the card you get in April.  I will prob be two years, but no sense in fretting about it until you get it in the mail.  I've taken steps to deal with those that got 'stuck' with one year cards between Jan 1 and April 1, so if all else fails give me a ring next year.  We'll make it right whether I certified you or not.

Dr. Bob

Then again, when has LARA ever implemented ANYTHING on time?

Ding Ding We may have a winner......

b lucky

In all seriousnous it will be very close to the April 1 deadline. Like Dr Bob said if you dont make the cut for the two year card just give him a call next year and he will help you out. I am glad to see you got your paperwork sent in. Hope you don't have to wait too long for your card. Welcome to the jungle......

I got my certification last week ,they are good for 60 days. I'm a first day of issue card 4/20/09 .I am sending my Bunny Muffin in certified mail April fools day. That gives me a month till my card expires. That gives me 4 expired cards plus paper work. Just waiting for price change if any. I'm on S.S.D. My award letter is 7 year old had  to go online and print off a new one. Thanks to their limp dick session. Hi we vote too complain. 

Hmm, well that is interesting picbook.  I Was thinking about the whole situation yesterday and for those of us that just sent in our renewals I would imagine there is a a dateline where they switch over the card machine to print two year cards. Maybe we will all get lucky. 

Hmm, well that is interesting picbook.  I Was thinking about the whole situation yesterday and for those of us that just sent in our renewals I would imagine there is a a dateline where they switch over the card machine to print two year cards. Maybe we will all get lucky. 

Not only that, it's the law now. They can't legally make a card with the issue date after 4-1-13, with a one year expiration.

Edited by Restorium2

Very surprised to hear that Pic..... After reading the lara site yesterday I came to the conclusion that they would not be issuing  2 year cards unless the RECIEVED them on or after 4/1..... Shows what I know huh? Glad to hear you got lucky.

Edited by ozzrokk