Finding A Caregiver

tricharious

First of all... I'm not whining, if you'd like me to whine I can. Second of all, the point of this is to bring to attention that MOST people in the program are low income and simply can't afford the cost of medications or dispensaries. The few that are around still that is. There needs to be better resources for connecting patients to caregivers, low income or not.

Whether it be an entire forum designated for patient/caregiver networking, or more meetings...I don't think the classifieds are gonna be a big hit for networking.

You don't hear caregivers complaining because they are doing what they have to do to get by, they have the options as to who they choose to take on as patients.

Its nobody's fault. Just the way things have turned out.

First of all... I'm not whining, if you'd like me to whine I can. Second of all, the point of this is to bring to attention that MOST people in the program are low income and simply can't afford the cost of medications or dispensaries. The few that are around still that is. There needs to be better resources for connecting patients to caregivers, low income or not.

Whether it be an entire forum designated for patient/caregiver networking, or more meetings...I don't think the classifieds are gonna be a big hit for networking.

You don't hear caregivers complaining because they are doing what they have to do to get by, they have the options as to who they choose to take on as patients.

Its nobody's fault. Just the way things have turned out.

I hear CGs complaining.   Most CGs I know are patients.  That's the number 1 thing to keep in mind.  I can't think of a single CG I have met who is actually better off growing for others than applying the same effort elsewhere in his/her life.

• 1 month later...

Man...lol... I've been gone awhile and it doesn't appear anythings changed.i thought we established that for someone on limited income with a disability would qualify for a little bit of "charity"....kudos to the guy driving the new sports car and gettin his meds free tho.

Welcome back.

Some things don't change, and one of them is that caregiving costs. You get over it, or not.

Thanks for the welcome.u kno I believe the cg systems might actually be starting to work.im seeing satisfied patients everywhere.lol makes my job of finding a new patient tough.good work folks, Michigan is well on its way to beating the rest of the world in cannabis production.I'm proud.

I can make new classifications and move some ads around if that will help. Should there be top-level categories for "Patient seeking Caregiver" and "Caregiver seeking Patient?"

I vote yes, lets get these pts and c.g's set up so we dont need no stinking supply centers! fm's yes, despense no, pt/cg yes!

Peace

Jim

I know of at least one clinic that collects $500 referral fees for a CG to be on their list of recommendations.  In fact I saw how this works first hand.  When the new patient gets their paperwork, they are asked if they have a CG or do they intend to grow their own or do they need a CG.  If there is an indication that the new patient needs a CG, then a cute 20-something secretary nonchalantly slips a card into the patient's folder and says "call her; she can help you."   Sickening, really.

how much does the 20 yr old weigh? 100 to 110 lbs, I will give her a call, I have some good head meds!

Peace

Jim

"

Obviously as a "compassion club" we do not charge to help connect patients and caregivers, so I am unsure where the $500 referrel fee would come in.  I suppose we do not have many here in Northern Michigan that would be willing or able to pay anywhere close to that amount for a CG. "

Well you should get 500 bucks just for them to be in your presence :blow-a-heart:

so maybe you should come out this summer and than I will owe ya 1500 lol, I can write ya a check, and I even have a basketball net for you to play with that check! it dont bounce as good as a basket ball but it does bounce bawahahahaha!

I hope all is going good with you!  I miss ya or shall i say we miss ya lots! but I know your busy, keep on keepin on!

Peace

Jim