Lara Page Update New Forms Link

mibrains

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard the same thing recently.  Looks like they pulled a fast one.

No, I'm not redoing all the paperwork.  Yes, I am doing any one year cards for 1/2 price next Spring.  I'll have the new forms in place in my practice when I return from vacation in a week.  Will be seamless.

Dr. Bob

I would take this to mean that a patient does not have to allow their primary doctor to know that they are an MMJ patient if they choose not to:  (4) If the patient has given permission, the physician has notified the patient’s primary care physician of the patient’s debilitating medical condition and certification for the use of medical marihuana to treat that condition.

And this is good news for out-of state MMJ patients" (j) A registry identification card, or its equivalent, that is issued under the laws of another state, district, territory, commonwealth, or insular possession of the United States that allows the medical use of marihuana by a visiting qualifying patient, or to allow a person to assist with a visiting qualifying patient’s medical use of marihuana, shall have the same force and effect as a registry identification card issued by the department

Hmm, lots of new stuff.

Here is one i can see the most people forgetting to do...

"Is a valid, clear copy (front and back) <---- of the

applicant/patient’s Michigan driver license or Michigan"

Paper work returned to me stating I did not include a 'clear' copy of my ID.

I did.  However, I did not photocopy the back.  Why would they need the back

unless you have an addy change on the back. 

Also, this notice was sent on a pretty colored paper.

This is where our program fees are being utilized ?

Dated 3/1 received 3/13

I was sent a complete set of registration forms that

needed filled out in full... again + said copy of ID,

then mailed back with the pretty paper notice.

(do not forget to include this notice !!!)

No return envelope was provided :o

I guess they are organizing, finally ?

I am dubious.

Paper work returned to me stating I did not include a 'clear' copy of my ID.

I did.  However, I did not photocopy the back.  Why would they need the back

unless you have an addy change on the back. 

I know... why the back?  I mean the magnetic strip is there and organ donor.

*shakes head*

I just spoke with LARA and they said if the doctors recommendation is not on a new form regardless of when submitted or your renewal was due, it will only be a 1 year card.

Bummer. They should have made this information available for us to take advantage of. I'm sick of them making up rules when they have no right to do this.  The legislature said that after a certain date there would be 2 year cards, that is the law. LARA needs to follow the rules. 

The best I've seen is a good color copy of the drivers license.  Sometimes the photo is black or the writing is difficult to read (dirty cards).  Try not to cross things out either.  We are computerizing it so it will all be typed and scanned so hopefully that will avoid problems.  We decided to update the whole system as everything changed.

Dr. Bob

Bummer. They should have made this information available for us to take advantage of. I'm sick of them making up rules when they have no right to do this.  The legislature said that after a certain date there would be 2 year cards, that is the law. LARA needs to follow the rules. 

I know. I have recieved many disgruntled phone calls today from people that were waiting until April 1st to send in their applications.

They did the same crap in 2009 with the application thingy and forms. 

You would think they would have released new documents on March 1st,... but hey,... that would have made sense. Or they could have simply posted that 2 years cards=new forms.

Ahh well,... Just more reasons to hate "the man".

Hahaha...

Has anyone else read the NEW FAQ at LARA. Everyone should read it...... A MUST READ..... Explains more then it EVER HAS....

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-35299_63294_63303_51869---,00.html

Michigan Medical Marihuana Program

The Michigan Medical Marihuana Program (MMMP) is a state registry program within the Health Professions Division in the Bureau of Health Care Services at the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs. The program administers the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act as approved by Michigan voters on November 4, 2008. The program implements the statutory tenets of this act in such a manner that protects the public and assures the confidentiality of its participants.

NEW! Legislation passed amendments to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act that are effective April 1, 2013. The Application, Minor Application, Physician Certification and Change Form have been revised to reflect these changes. Click here for forms.

The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) have also been updated to answer the many questions that you may have rearding the changes that will be effective April 1, 2013.  Click here for FAQs

Click on the links below to read the new legislation:

Public Act 460 of 2012 (House Bill 4856)

Public Act 512 of 2012 (House Bill 4851)

Public Act 514 of 2012 (House Bill 4834)

Helpful Information:

• Do not send duplicate applications. This slows down the application process and creates problems for our staff.
  • If you submitted your application prior to the end of November 2012 and have not received your registry ID card, please call 517-373-0395 and select option #3.

Program Statistics as of 2/28/2013: 

• 366,324 original and renewal applications received since April 6, 2009.
  • 131,861 active registered qualified patients.
  • 27,128 active registered primary caregivers.
  • 33,747 applications denied -- most due to incomplete application or missing documentation.
  • Applications are reviewed within 15 days of receipt. Incomplete applications are denied and applicants are then notified of denial by certified and regular mail.
  • Complete applications, change forms and reapplications for previous denials are then processed in the date order in which they are received. If a denial letter is not received then the application is deemed valid. The statute currently allows for a copy of a valid application submitted to serve as a valid registry identification if the card is not issued within 20 days of its submission to the department.
  • The Notice of Approval will be sent only with the registry ID card. If the registry ID card is not received within 12 weeks of the department's receipt of a valid application, please call 517-373-0395 and select option #3.
  • There is a reduced registration fee. For information on what documents must be submitted with the application click here for the Reduced Fee Eligibility Information

0_99_7.gif

Well, on the old forms, one side was/is ok.

Yea,... bunch of crapola.

I mean, It's like being a circus seal. Honk this horn. Jump through the hoop. Walk across the tightrope. Hold your mouth just right.

Just more unneeded crapadoo to falter with.

**wipes screen off, lol**

I haven't heard that in ages, thanks for the chuckles.