Lara Page Update New Forms Link

mibrains

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me extract and hypothesize,...

Let us figure that there are 30 days/1 month of people that will now have to renew their cards in 1 year because of this little glitch.  I know many people that expired May 1st, already got their doctor rec's on the old forms and will not get the 2 year card besides all the others etc.

Anyhow.... That means around 10,000 people just got dorked an extra application fee. Figuring that 40% of people get the discounted rate of $25 and of course the rest are $100,  that means the state just skimmed sick patients for $700,000!!

What a bunch of arseholes.

Yea yea,... i know their cards will expire 1 year later and blah blah,... so LONG RUN, they really dorked em $350,000... but that wtvr.,.... $700,000!!!  :-)

And well, $350,000 is crazy anyhow.  Nice little paycheck for the state because of beurocratic nonsense.

Let me extract and hypothesize,...

Let us figure that there are 30 days/1 month of people that will now have to renew their cards in 1 year because of this little glitch.  I know many people that expired May 1st, already got their doctor rec's on the old forms and will not get the 2 year card besides all the others etc.

Anyhow.... That means around 10,000 people just got dorked an extra application fee. Figuring that 40% of people get the discounted rate of $25 and of course the rest are $100,  that means the state just skimmed sick patients for $700,000!!

What a bunch of arseholes.

Yea yea,... i know their cards will expire 1 year later and blah blah,... so LONG RUN, they really dorked em $350,000... but that wtvr.,.... $700,000!!!  :-)

And well, $350,000 is crazy anyhow.  Nice little paycheck for the state because of beurocratic nonsense.

Convenient. They, after all, need about 3.5M to "enforce."

24 pages...

lots more words... :phew:

however there seems to be even less answers than before the "update"

except they officially state more than once...we at LARA have no official position...seek counsel...or ask the state police... :thumbsd:

great thanks LARA... :startle:

curious to know how much of the 10 million from the budget surplus they spent rewriting the q&a page... :horse:

I didn't realize you had posted the link (thank you) here :

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/42901-lara-page-update-new-forms-link/#entry440157

its all totally good...

thank you again..

i didn't even realize they changed the q&a page when i posted i was still reading the new application...

i might combine these two threads for ease :)

I know DR. Bob has said he would help patients that have to renew next year due to being dorked this year over the form.

I say kudos and thanks Bob. 50% discount next year i believe for the "dorked"ees.

good call :thumbsu:

thank you Doctor Bob :bow:

we all appreciate your dedication to the welfare of patients. :goodjob:

24 pages...

lots more words... :phew:

however there seems to be even less answers than before the "update"

except they officially state more than once...we at LARA have no official position...seek counsel...or ask the state police... :thumbsd:

great thanks LARA... :startle:

curious to know how much of the 10 million from the budget surplus they spent rewriting the q&a page... :horse:

And the pretty colored paper!

Just like any Gov't Dept., it seems they have lots of energy to create more waste of paper, time & money.

How much was that hammer, btw ? LOL

good call :thumbsu:

thank you Doctor Bob :bow:

we all appreciate your dedication to the welfare of patients. :goodjob:

I announced that when they passed the bill but waited 4 months to enact it.  Got to admit the new form was a curve ball.  Mal is right, 1/2 off for any one year certs that expire next Jan to April.

The new form is no problem, we'll spend this week while I am on vacation computerizing it.  Amazing what you can do with a touch screen and a pen.  Will actually improve my record keeping and make renewals easier.  I really like the single form for everything- makes it easier to encode.

This is a minor bump, nothing to worry about.  Just do it right, answer the questions and your chart is golden.

Dr. Bob

hey doc...

speaking of computerizing..

do you have a way to access to the online Veteran health record network during a clinic?

the my healthevet site?

military veterans can now access their record online and download or view them. 

i was thinking in the future i could bring all my records in on a flash-thumb drive.

do you know if you can you read them in this format?

i think it is pdf..i will have to check...

do i have to (would it be easier) if i (or any vet)  were to print them all before hand?

can you help a vet access it directly online if the vet had a way to log on from a certification center? 

I always (except in Vanderbilt and Hillman) have decent internet access and records on a flash drive would be fine.  We are leaving paper behind and putting everything encoded/encripted in the cloud.  One of the concerns I've had after Buck and Harwell was getting records seized.  Would be best to have them 'off site' so to say and immediately accessible from anywhere in the state rather than just Saginaw.  Would be great for research, marketing, and a host of other things.  Going to really try and reduce the paperwork for the patient.  

Right now most of the office visit seems dominated by paperwork, I want to reduce that to the point most of the time is spent between me and the patient.  Good to have a week off to really think this through and do it right.

Dr. Bob

Yep sounds reasonable to me...... They ask them selves How do we stop fuking up????? Answer make things more fuked up...... so we can blame it on the applicant easier.

I mean really they say the only real reason that they DENY applications is for an application ERROR so they make the application easier to make simple errors. Now they will say they did it this way to make sure you remembered everything but we really know what is going on.

Everyone needs to remember that this is a VERY IMPORTANT step and better triple check it before you send it out and remember BOTH sides of the ID now need to be copied.

Edited by ozzrokk