Lara Page Update New Forms Link

mibrains

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens to the caregivers that are already a caregiver but will be unable to renew?  Will they remain caregivers until their card expires or will they not be considered a caregiver by the state when the new laws become effective?

I have no doubt that starting 4/1/13 LARA will begin sending letters stating they are no longer caregivers. The date of affect will probably be 4/1/13 so anyone in that category should already be prepared and have their ducks in a row by this time or it could be trouble.

Hmm, lots of new stuff.

Here is one i can see the most people forgetting to do...

"Is a valid, clear copy (front and back) <---- of the

applicant/patient’s Michigan driver license or Michigan"

well i looked at the new rules and i dont see were it says front and back of your DL

7. Is a valid, clear copy (front and back) of the applicant/patient’s Michigan driver license or Michigan
ID provided OR your photo ID and Michigan voter registration provided?.............................................................. YES

8. Is a valid, clear copy (front and back) of the caregiver’s Michigan driver license or Michigan
ID provided OR his/her photo ID and Michigan voter registration provided (if you, (if applicable)
the applicant/patient, designated a caregiver in Section B)?................................................................................. YES

What happens to the caregivers that are already a caregiver but will be unable to renew?  Will they remain caregivers until their card expires or will they not be considered a caregiver by the state when the new laws become effective?

I have no doubt that starting 4/1/13 LARA will begin sending letters stating they are no longer caregivers. The date of affect will probably be 4/1/13 so anyone in that category should already be prepared and have their ducks in a row by this time or it could be trouble.

So when do they plan on sending out the letters to those no longer eligible to be caregivers because of the change in the felony status?

Where does it state anywhere that LARA will send any such letter?  They have already told us that Prop 1 '08 (or w/e) did not determine a timely manner  to which they were

to process Caregiver change forms and distribute cards.  Would it be prudent of us to believe that they would take it upon themselves to actually go thru their 'massive'

files, find the Caregivers that no longer can be Cg's, and expedite those letters of nullification?

If this is stated somewhere, I have missed it?  Can someone point it out where it states they do indeed intend mail such letters ?

ty

If there are no such statements.  Wouldn't the Caregivers be best cya ?

I remain dubious

Edited by imiubu

Where does it state anywhere that LARA will send any such letter?  They have already told us that Prop 1 '08 (or w/e) did not determine a timely manner  to which they were

to process Caregiver change forms and distribute cards.  Would it be prudent of us to believe that they would take it upon themselves to actually go thru their 'massive'

files, find the Caregivers that no longer can be Cg's, and expedite those letters of nullification?

If this is stated somewhere, I have missed it?  Can someone point it out where it states they do indeed intend mail such letters ?

ty

If there are no such statements.  Wouldn't the Caregivers be best cya ?

I remain dubious

It is in the Faq about them sending letters to caregivers that are denied or changed via the patient but they will take their time in doing so. It is up to the patient to inform the caregiver of the change in the immediate future but they say they will eventually send one to the caregiver. As far as how they will be handeling the caregivers that are no longer qualified due to the new rules 4/1 that part is pure specualtion on my part but believe resto has shed some light on that.

Fact is they have sent letters in the past. I have had three patients that I helped to learn to grow and helped them to get their grow started. In two of those three situations I recieved a letter form MDCH/LARA stating I was no longer their caregiver and needed to send my card back. This was as far back as the first one which was like 2 years ago, so even when they said they would not be sending letters, well first they said they would then they said they wouldnt and now they say they will figure that one out,  But any patient changing caregivers should inform the current caregiver because LARA can take as much time as they like to notify the caregiver.

Edited by ozzrokk

It is in the Faq about them sending letters to caregivers that are denied or changed via the patient but they will take their time in doing so. It is up to the patient to inform the caregiver of the change in the immediate future but they say they will eventually send one to the caregiver. As far as how they will be handeling the caregivers that are no longer qualified due to the new rules 4/1 that part is pure specualtion on my part but believe resto has shed some light on that.

Fact is they have sent letters in the past. I have had three patients that I helped to learn to grow and helped them to get their grow started. In two of those three situations I recieved a letter form MDCH/LARA stating I was no longer their caregiver and needed to send my card back. This was as far back as the first one which was like 2 years ago, so even when they said they would not be sending letters, well first they said they would then they said they wouldnt and now they say they will figure that one out,  But any patient changing caregivers should inform the current caregiver because LARA can take as much time as they like to notify the caregiver.

Thank you.

You can bet LARA did a new search of all the caregivers in the system, for the new felony disqualifications, and are sending certified letters to all who are even close to being considered disqualified because of their records. That's what you can expect.  

Probably one of the reasons they have fallen behind again, in preperation for 4/1