Sb 190 Aka Lara 2013-2014 Budget Draft

http://legislature.mi.gov/documents/2013-2014/billanalysis/Senate/htm/2013-SFA-0190-S.htm

17. Medical Marihuana Report. The Governor removed and Senate retained a report on the Medical Marihuana
Program. (Sec. 726)
18. Medical Marihuana Enforcement Grants. The Senate included a new section which allocates up to $3.0 million from the Medical Marihuana Program appropriation for local grants for enforcement. (Sec. 728)

what is this?

it looks like this is via the senate committee, not snyder. although getting him and bill shutte out would be good.

it could be anything.

it looks like its a grant, so locals will apply for a grant to 'check compliance'

and then LARA? will approve funds for locals.

check doctors for patient records?

check patients for plant count?

check recently expired cards and see if patients got any marijuana?

check outdoor grows

check zoning laws locally to see if people are in compliance with local ordinances? 

no clue.

Edited by t-pain

And how many people support this local control bill by dispensaries?

Heh.

We must do everything to keep our program out of local control. :-)

I'm waiting on Kormon. Everything on my end is primed. Master safe is off. Weapons armed. Nose hot. Music on.

Tick tock.

Edited by GregS

Writing grants to get $$ to pay MMMA people to visit possible infractions A couple of guys with some branch lopers is magnitudes safter than 8-12 swat with guns.
Some possible ideas
-Our peeps have to sign off on warrants before they can be issued. 
-Warrants only come secondary to a warning letter a grower know that someone has evidence (must be solid) grower is over/outside compliance and provide the evidence.Provide a few day time limit for compliance. Has to prove compliance to MMMA agent.
-Training police how to do a suspected overlimit bust w/o resorting to violence and hurting people with guns as the resort only if someone else draws a gun on them.
-New training tactics for government interaction with patients/caregivers. It doesn't have to be about kicking down doors and terrifying people.
-Pets treated as people if they are killed (If a pet is attacking, they can use force but if pet is leashed,quarantined etc, no more badge.)
-Growers to supply police to replace medicine confiscated.
-Dispenseries or farmers markets to be held at police stations for everyones safety. They get a little cut to help taper their losses from the drug war.
-Provide for the confiscaton of meds only for over limit. Provide for meds to be tested and redistributed to the needy for free.

How about we get to rent out the police to protect our farmers markets run as a coop type program?

ps ...with the $3 mil credit from our program to start. 

pss as an asides to keep things in perspective there are just under 20,000 leo state wide. Ours #s confirmed by LARA above.

...if thats what they want to do. that would would be a bit over $150 ea to every one in the state, they stand to recieve.   Apx a 10 hr day?

that still leaves $10,900,000 in the cookie jar. ...How about we all have a free night at the Grand Hotel in Mackinaw. Plus some free tiger tickets say six ea/patient... 

...here's my stats.   Last One : It works out to 190 leo / 100,000 citizens, therefore we should be entitled to 264 on call 24/7, Anyway. Right?

Edited by solabeirtan

Who are the proper funbding authorities? Grant writing should not much different than a business proposal (I hope). Guessing it goes something like - This is how much money we need and this is what it is for and this is how it will come about. I know some peopolpel who have written successful grant proposals and can get their help if need be.

Who are the proper funbding authorities? Grant writing should not much different than a business proposal (I hope). Guessing it goes something like - This is how much money we need and this is what it is for and this is how it will come about. I know some peopolpel who have written successful grant proposals and can get their help if need be.

Maybe you want to talk to those people.

If it comes down to it we can spin this into one of the benefits of the MMMA program.  Funding law enforcement and making communities safer.  I have serious doubt that the grants will be strictly for enforcing the MMMA or even enforcing the MMMA at all. Nothing really to enforce.