Caregiver Needs Help W/ Pricing, Locating Patients

glorygreens86

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to even post this link, but I figured I should since it is on topic:

http://americanindependent.com/163541/incoming-senate-judiciary-chair-has-medical-pot-law-in-his-sights

Did you see they linked to an old thread about the price of MM?

The dateline on the article is more than two years old. Jones has since tried to work his evil, and we did stand his sad azz down. He is by no means, however, to be confused with someone who is not a continuing potential threat.

I dont think people should talk prices on here, Im sorry about doing that myself, it is up to the pt and c.g period, what ever the two of them work out is their biz and no one elses! for some of the c.g's who are lucky enough to have pt's that can afford the awsome meds your growing that is great, lets remember the ones that realy cant afford it also, it dont take alot, we should realy figure out a way so that the peeps that can afford can donate mm to go to people who cant afford it and prove it!

Peace

Jim

Lmao free meds. . . . .

We took out a 4000 dollar loan PLUS we had about 1500 cash to build 2 rooms,Veg&Flower

4600 watts flower 2000room watts VEG..

right off the bat SPIDERMITES!... reset&clean....... vegged out,well while flowering we had a hermie that BLEW pollen all over,so our (medical) MJ looks like regular homestone commercial variety, tear everything back down,scrub EVERYTHING and redo!

thats where im at today.... agv 500 dollar Electric bill monthly,cant sell what i have so much into bacause noone wants it...OR noone wants to pay for it!!!

Plus I cant find any patients that want to buy/sign up...Whats a novice caregiver to do?

I didnt start this to make money, just not buy @the 20 per gram,plus control how my meds r grown..

Random

Edited by RandomStoner

Lmao free meds. . . . .

We took out a 4000 dollar loan PLUS we had about 1500 cash to build 2 rooms,Veg&Flower

4600 watts flower 2000room watts VEG..

right off the bat SPIDERMITES!... reset&clean....... vegged out,well while flowering we had a hermie that BLEW pollen all over,so our (medical) MJ looks like regular homestone commercial variety, tear everything back down,scrub EVERYTHING and redo!

thats where im at today.... agv 500 dollar Electric bill monthly,cant sell what i have so much into bacause noone wants it...OR noone wants to pay for it!!!

Plus I cant find any patients that want to buy/sign up...Whats a novice caregiver to do?

I didnt start this to make money, just not buy @the 20 per gram,plus control how my meds r grown..

Random

It looks like the trouble is that someone convinced you that you should put your money into lights and huge electric bills rather than genetics and climate control that together are likely to have gone a along way towards preventing the problems you have struggled with.

If you truly got into growing just to avoid $20/gram meds, then your 6600 watts of grow muscle was waaaay over the top. 

It looks like the trouble is that someone convinced you that you should put your money into lights and huge electric bills rather than genetics and climate control that together are likely to have gone a along way towards preventing the problems you have struggled with.

If you truly got into growing just to avoid $20/gram meds, then your 6600 watts of grow muscle was waaaay over the top.

Yeah bad advice from all corners..... I personally think the hermie issue was WAY too hot in the summer,growing DWC, the water looses its ability to hold O2 the hotter it gets,had no hydro cooler & they were falling like flys..

I kinda figured it'd be easy,(lol) to get a few patients to help with the loans/bills to break even,then i'd only charge what the light bill was last month..IE if I harvested 4 zips last month &a it cost 500 for power the price would be 125...was the price structure I was after.

BUT, patients DO NOT want to wait for harvest or my inability to produce (MedicalQuality)..

Yeah bad advice from all corners..... I personally think the hermie issue was WAY too hot in the summer,growing DWC, the water looses its ability to hold O2 the hotter it gets,had no hydro cooler & they were falling like flys..

I kinda figured it'd be easy,(lol) to get a few patients to help with the loans/bills to break even,then i'd only charge what the light bill was last month..IE if I harvested 4 zips last month &a it cost 500 for power the price would be 125...was the price structure I was after.

BUT, patients DO NOT want to wait for harvest or my inability to produce (MedicalQuality)..

Please do stick with your growing. It will come around if you keep at it and keep learning evolving.. Do not give up and you will eventually be happy you didnt.

Good luck and good health

I would still wait till they are in the slammer or the FMs were shut down before getting an exclusive caregiver. I believe this is why we have not seen the rush of patients seeking a caregiver after McQueen. How did loyalty work out for the mom and pops when walmart came to your town?

I met this chef the other day, he told me he could provide all my meals at a fair price as long as I never ate anywhere else again. No idea what his food tastes like yet but I agreed immediately. Hope he is good.

I personally appreciate a shot at the FM's 30-40 strains vs the (necessarily) limited CG. But that is not the CGs fault; it's the constrictions of our law. I am very pleased to be in Detroit where the FMS still operate and make a panoply of strains available.

Never been to a farm market 

Over 20 strains available on a regular basis all within the "real" Law

Free is something I only do when I choose to

No contracts or even price locks

Not making bank just cover cost and mine is free

The greed out there is consuming people who refuse to work real jobs

I know its work trust me...

It just wasn't intended to be a jobs program

Thank you, well stated.

Very well said Beans.  MMJ can be a great "supplemental" income but too many thought they were going to make it into their exclusive career. Bad idea. 

Random, I would suggest dropping back to 1000 watts flower and just what you need in veg.  You will save a ton on electricity and take the time to figure out what you are doing.  Running 4 flower 4 veg and 4 clone you can still produce a very healthy harvest every 4-5 weeks. 

The way things are now in this state it is realy hard to make a living growing mmj! when all of the dispenses were open c.gs had places to get a pay day, and for that matter the despense had c.g's to make all of their money off of, they buy it from c,g and sell it for double what they paid for it, how you gonna lose?

Peace

Jim

• 5 weeks later...

HELLO

I'VE BEEN A CAREGIVER FOR A COUPLE YEARS NOW.  AND IT SEEMS EVERY TIME I ADVERTISE FOR A NEW PATIENT, I RUN INTO PEOPLE ASKING FOR FREE OUNCES.  IT SEEMS UNFAIR THAT I WOULD HAVE TO CHARGE UNDER $200 OR GIVE IT AWAY JUST TO GET A PATIENT, WHEN IT COSTS SO MUCH TO PRODUCE.  EVEN WHEN I TRY TO EXPLAIN, OR CONSIDER $200 ON A CONTRACT.  I OFTEN GET MIXED FEELINGS AND PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE ABLE TO GET IT FOR FREE OR CHEAPER THAN WHAT I CHARGE (WHICH IS AROUND $240-$300 PER OZ FOR DRY MEDS)  I EVEN OFFER TO SWEETEN THE DEAL WITH FREE MEDS, CONCENTRATES, ETC. WITH EVERY OZ PURCHASED - BUT TO NO AVAIL.  MAYBE I'M LOOKING IN THE WRONG PLACES.  I'M NOT A FAN OF CLUBS SO I TEND TO STAY AWAY.

SO MY QUESTIONS ARE: 

HOW DO YOU PRICE, AND EXPLAIN TO THE PATIENT THAT THEY'RE GETTING A FAIR DEAL?

WHERE DO YOU GO AND FIND GENERALLY UNDERSTANDING AND PROFESSIONAL PATIENTS THAT ARE WILLING TO AT LEAST HEAR YOU OUT?

yea pt's are not going to come knocking on your door, I think the price of meds should always only be between the pt and c.g! I dont think 200 is a bad price for an oz that is your pt, and if your good enough and keep getting these people who want free weed like I get, maybe you should give the some free, but only after they pay the original price you and pt talked about when you started(its best to have a contract with them)

I do know a lot of people that get a free oz a month from there c.g's, im just saying if you can when they pay for their 1st oz of the month or crop rotation, give them their free one, whether you agree to give them a half or a whole, make em pay for a whole before they get any free,

I guess I should appoligize to alot of people, I was one of them guys who demanded a free oz from my c.g, main reason is I got screwed by my first c.g, now I have one I have to force to take a donation, but I make all of the oil, butter, and anything my c.g wants me to make for his other pt's to recieve for free!  my c .g and I feel we have a good thing going, he is happy his other pts are happy and well im just thrilled with the situation!

Peace

Jim