Please Don't Blow Yourself Up!

kids....

read the words first, for best results. I went to school to learn how to use the Tamisium. The unit itself creates remarkable vacuum for clarification and a guaranteed 100% solvent removal. Now keep in mind this will greatly depend upon the solvent used. Chances are, as evident by your results, less than lab grade solvent was used to produce these results. Those subpar solvents always contain 10-18 other solvents, which will not act and react like NTane, lab, food grade. Those other solvents simply will not evaporate at the same temperatures or rates. A quick read of the directions explains most of this to a level of safe successful use.

NButane will evaporate at just above room temperatures, and will vaporize instantly at around 110 f, a very terpene friendly temperature. For the small cost of 2500$ I'll personally teach you and one friend the science using your own tamisium as the prop. We can use Thyme as an example to extract from, to avoid any legal issues. I'll even pay for and provide the Ntane to assure its the RIGHT one.

At 110f in the lab 100% of Ntane residuals are completely removed almost in an instant. I've seen it, quantified it, and trust the simple science. You should not play with magic you do not understand, I agree.

• 10 months later...

dry ice and nitrogen do NOT extract from cannabis. they only serve to chill the plant material in order to facilitate an easier breakage of the trichome stalk during a mechanical sifting.

More? NO. There is more to extraction efficiency than the solvent used. The best solvent to use (polarity chart) for cannabis oil extraction is NButaneab/food grade. One  proper blast of nbutane and there remains NO more active compounds in the plant material.

C02 is not used the same way NButane is to extract essential oils. Co2 extraction requires very high pressures, but no heat. NButane requires no pressure, no heat. Quality Butane units are sealed and offer a 100% reclaim of solvent, any solvent, C02 home extraction units are open, exhausting the c02 as it is released. the end results are ice water mixed with essential oils. Winterizing is a must to separate the two at home. 

Home units share their internal oiled parts with the product results, lab c02 units do not, but require a blast proof room to operate, and a truck to haul.

Butane will produce more essential oil than c02 for less money. Quality units never expose the gas to the air, making the risk of explosion very low. Its transferred from a tank, through the plant material, into another sealed tank, and the gas is then reclaimed leaving behind pure oil.

hope that helps

wll in this country co2 is less expensive then Butane.

so what you are trying to say is that....

Butane will extract more stuff then co2?????

in other words i have to use expensive stuff (Butane)  to extract in my country

hmmm   ok i will learn more about winterize.....

so   soo far till now a days the cheep method to extract most THC is Butane pipe method????  but  do it on your own risk  cos it is explosive 

now what do you mean by Quality units??? do it means the more reliable extraction pipe and other stuff?

thanks for this informative reply 

Butane will produce more essential oil than c02 for less money.

the co2 is the easy part, but the machine to pressurize and concentrate cannabis with c02 is thousands of dollars. There are safe units made like the Tamisium to use with solvents.  The unit allows for the same bit of butane to be used for a hundred years, over and over, and it doesn't get cheaper than than!

Blasting butane through a pipe is dangerous, and should be avoided. Releasing that gas into our atmosphere may not be a responsible thing to do, in any country. YOu should buy your oil or pay someone who knows what their doing to make it for you. Some people lose an eye, others their entire home. Don't go Boom, and stuff.

stay safe.

let google be your friend

Please do your research if anyone is thinking about buying a close looped system. None of us should be as a good one is $15,000 plus.

Many of them are being manufactured with faulty or toxic parts, losing parts during use, corrosion, and pressure leaks. I say leave it to the be until there are some qc measure in place.

although safe,  closed loop, food grade, stainless steel  NButane systems can be bought for 1500.00$

The cheap refrigeration grade c02 hacks being assembled today are not "closed loop" and squirt c02 ice water until finished, right into the essential oil collection cup, but they  do function.  the amount of lubrication added to the unit for proper operation each time, mysteriously disappearing, concerns me. Anyone using a refrig vac pump knows what I'm talking about. I cant help but think this oil finds its way into the final product. Some find extra lube desireable...

Edited by grassmatch

• 2 months later...

Whats up. I live in 100% legal SEATTLE, Wa and it continues to be a problem. These wanta ees are blowing up on a regular basis to the point they are going back into our legal MMJ LAWS and ammend to outlaw BHO un less done in a state approved leb. Nuff said

No way....say it isn't so.....silly billy's exist in Seattle also ?

let me know when someone does it two times  please. :yahoo-wave:

cant fix stupid aye

• 8 months later...

Just read this...

The original post was from a guy named gray wolf, he designed the original terpenator mk3 (closed loop systems)

You can look up his blog at skunkpharms

Insofar as real deal knowledge on the issues, go to the source

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry phaq, didnt realize u had responded.

I was just standing up for that gw guy. He's an old hat on the mj forums, and esp so on freely giving detailed info on processing bho. He is a wealth of knowledge and a totally cool dude to boot. Really, really knows his chit. I would say an expert. Just wanted to give the guy at least some credit for his contributions, which is a lot in this area of interest.

He licensed it out, but his gear designs have been copied by a lot of folks, some of which dont properly build and certify to existing standards of products of similar design/use (read in fields not specific to mmj). His gear is esp safe and has the proper certifications in varying states, should we ever get to the point of state regulations here in mi.

Please do your research if anyone is thinking about buying a close looped system. None of us should be as a good one is $15,000 plus.

Many of them are being manufactured with faulty or toxic parts, losing parts during use, corrosion, and pressure leaks. I say leave it to the be until there are some qc measure in place.

I used a Tamisium since 2009 before i recently sold it. nary a hiss, no corrosion, leaks, broken parts, odors, or missing ntane. I had a short learning curve and then it was easy as pie. I had no apprehensions using it and  no worries. Food grade, tested, patented, stainless steel, no high pressures. I highly recommend this unit to anyone searching for the perfect affordable no brainer closed loop system.

when I got my card I knew that the real medicine will be found in the active ingredients in cannabis. No doctor will ever suggest inhaling smoke from burning flowers, and we already see real big pharma movement into this cannabis extract of active ingredients. I knew it was a preparation thereof and had no apprehensions making and using my preparations, until joining and reading this forum for a couple years. :angry: ( :P )