Couple Notes From The Hash Bash

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no jim i think you misunderstood me.... 4-5 years ago b4 mmj existed in this state it was the main topic of conversation at hash bash. as i stated hash bash helped us, not talking about the 70s im talking bout now.

I do appoligize for that one, I should have just posted it and not quoted you! all good sorry!

Peace

Jim

well i was not aware of that, and as bobs stated all docs should do that, so hes really just doing what he should do for his hundred bucks. now has he done anything to help us?

Ok now I have to quote you, where do you get your renewal or cert? if you get it from your regular dr. you are one of the lucky ones, dr. Bob travels around the state to cert people who cant get to a dr. for it or because their are no dr.'s that will cert people where they live, Not everyone is in this for the money, people realy do use this as medicine and cant even drive down to troy or where ever the thc clinics are now, there is no where  here where I live, accept 1 or 2 times a month dr. bob comes thru and does certs and renewels legaly and will do follow ups, who ever is getting them by mail best not do it that way this time when you are getting ready to expire, plus he is in lansing testifying for US pts!

now unless Im missing something, you just slammed some one who has done way more for our cause than you will or can ever do, and do you realy think he is getting rich from us poor people?  time to wake up and remember who realy is on your side!

I know people have problems with Dr. Bob, but that doesnt mean he is not doing a great thing for our community, we are all only human, Im not running all over the state to be some ones care giver, and in a sense He is!  I realy dont want a pt out of my county, that is as far as I will drive to take care of one of my pt's, but I also have other Ideas to make that work, Its just hard to get others on board at this time!

We all should do a lil more thinking before we speak, if dr. bob has a prob with a few people it is not our biz, I have problems with alot of people and it isnt any ones biz, and if you drag your self into it because I may not like your best friend, your in, bring it on, people realy should just not speak about people they dont like and have opinions about that no one else seems to see besides the selected few, ask all the folks in the u.p who got certified by dr. bob if they like him!

Peace

Jim

the hash bash started as a protest for the guy who got arrested and convicted to 10 years for passing a joint to a cop.

due to the protests, he got off. now its a civil disobedience against such crazy laws.

its always been against penalties for marijuana use.

as patients, thats an important issue.

the problem with the hash bash is that its unorganized. 

they could help organize protests at all courts for marijuana charges.

but this is true with most gatherings. its hard to organize people together.

as-is its a public protest against bad laws. could it be better? yes.

does it attract a lot of people and attention each year? yes.

Edited by t-pain

Dan, Totally agree with you, but I have read the drs views on hash bash before. I find it ridiculous that hash bash is some kind of black eye on the community and see no harm to patients enjoying the afternoon there. I do see the bash contributing to the eventual end of any need for a special doctor having to sign a special form for you or me.

perhaps this would have been a better post than my previous, it reads much ruder than it was meant to be.

So you believe "medical marihuana" is only recreational?  You don't even understand that after legalization the medical marihuana program will still be in full swing and thousands upon thousands of people will still need doctors recommendations to treat their conditions?

Now you make sense.

I got a 5 dollar fine there in 79! I wish I still had it!

Now the hash bash has turned out to be a place for all dif sides to get on there soap boxes and deliver their message, If ya dont like any of the messages ya have to get your own soap box to stand on and make your message be heard!

Peace

Jim

.....or,..... you can just not go.

My only issue with HB is that right now we have medical use, and we are trying very hard to involve the medical community and get them to start viewing it as an option to treat a variety of conditions.  I don't think celebrating recreational use really helps that along or promotes it as a medicine.  I don't think one primary care physician will change their mind about it and start writing certifications for their patients based on Hash Bash.  Have your recreational use, I have no problem with that, but I don't participate because I don't think it promotes the image of cannabis as medicine.

As far as Ganga goes, what have YOU done to promote the community besides come in here an bash me?  Those that care to know what I do for the community already know what I do or where to find it.  Those that don't, like you, won't bother to look or ask because it is not part of their decision making process about me or what I represent.  They are more concerned with bringing up old news clippings or trying to equate not using cannabis personally with invalidating the message I put out.

Dr. Bob

And thanks for the comments, I do appreciate them.  As I said, the folks that are here for the community do know what many of us do for them and the community in general, and those that are here to bash are here for other reasons than to promote this program.

Dr. Bob

.....or,..... you can just not go.

Honestly the only reason I dont go any more is because its to far for me to drive for a day of partying, I would def need a sober driver lol

I cant stand even going down to macomb county, The traffic drives me nuts! Id rather be hear going around amish buggys! :horse:

Peace

Jim

well i was not aware of that, and as bobs stated all docs should do that, so hes really just doing what he should do for his hundred bucks. now has he done anything to help us?

You are showing your ignorance in full bloom here. 

Do you have any idea what the average cost is to get an average Dr. to testify in court? For him to take a full day off???   Any clue what an expert witness will cost you? Or are you one of those among us with a middle-school mentality and you just don't get it?   For a Dr. to have a practice and pay overhead, insurance, etc. she needs to make at least $250/hour just to pay the bills and service the student loans.  For you to expect a $100 cert. to also cover time in court just shows how elementary your view of the world is.

Quit playing the part of the fool.  It doesn't look good on you.

hmm.... not sure about all the hating.....nope no tshirt, never even saw mediswipe.

Would you please explain the 'hating' ?

You should know me better by now and not come to make waves with me :D

Yes, MediSwipe were there hocking their wares.

Because you did not see them, does not mean they were not present,

pushing their agenda.

So you believe "medical marihuana" is only recreational? You don't even understand that after legalization the medical marihuana program will still be in full swing and thousands upon thousands of people will still need doctors recommendations to treat their conditions?

Now you make sense.

Are you being serious? I go to the pot doctor because the state makes me to be legal. I don't need a doctor telling me what I already know, the state requires it so I comply. If legalization/decriminalization meant I could drop from the state registry and be within the law I would in a heartbeat.

What need do you have for your pot doc other than a signature, do they provide treatment or something?

Why would I bother to get a medical card if "protection" is no longer needed?

You lost me on this, so advil is not medicine because I only consult with myself before administering, I dunno what you are getting at I guess but no I don't think medical marihuana is only recreational. You want to see my records, my first pot doc sure didnt. He just slid them back to me without looking and asked if marihuana helped me.

I would actually say I think of it as more of a medicine then you, as I think it has the power to cure as well as treat.

Don't count on it. I have no use for you. You are a total waste of everyone that reads these forums time. My original recommendation for your final solution stands. 

And Mike, you do make valid points. I am sure many would not bother getting recommendations under full legalization. I think it will all fall back to grow rights..

Some of us actually have real serious health problems and NEED to see our doctors regularly.  I guess that isn't you.  I see my "pot doc" like once a month myself.  I have real issues and problems that need to be co managed with a physician. I can't just go take "advil" myself. It interacts with my other medications.  My doctor let me know.  I don't just need "a signature", I need healthcare and I get it.  My physician understands cannabis and how it can effect my multiple conditions and discuss ways to avoid of the side effects of cannabis and a plan to find a healthy regiment to find a better quality of life. 

I mean, I don't see hardly anyone dropping from the medical program in Washington.  Legalization is there.  *shrug*  Thousands of people still need physicians care and knowledge around using cannabis as a medicine.  People still need recommendations.  I think your view is very narrow, self serving, self righteous, naïve and an example possibly of people who are just "using" the program.

I dunno man. 

And, doctors cure nothing.  They can manage your healing and encourage recovery, but cure?  Not much so. The only "cures" for the most part exist within your own body.  Physicians and medicine merely assist. 

And no, I would never tell people at their most vulnerable time in life that I have a cure for their cancer.  I would be lying. As you are lying.  I don't exactly follow the line of false hope and empty promises.  Why not just pray the cancer away or use gypsum seed treatments?  People claim they cure cancer too! 

Fact is, there is not enough facts to support anyone saying the word "cure" when it pertains to cannabis and cancer.  It is nonsense to claim such and harmful at that. 

I mean, why are people dying left and right to cancer who are using cannabis to cure it?  Thousands  dying, but they used the cure?  I suppose you could blame the patient for dying or having reoccurring cancer as some have done right here on these forums.  Actually said it was the patients fault the cancer came back.  Yea.  Disgusts me.  I don't know how you "cure" people live with yourselves.

You can use cannabis as a co treatment in trying to manage cancer,... but "cure"?  Nonsense.

Some of us actually have real serious health problems and NEED to see our doctors regularly. I guess that isn't you. I see my "pot doc" like once a month myself. I have real issues and problems that need to be co managed with a physician. I can't just go take "advil" myself. It interacts with my other medications. My doctor let me know. I don't just need "a signature", I need healthcare and I get it. My physician understands cannabis and how it can effect my multiple conditions and discuss ways to avoid of the side effects of cannabis and a plan to find a healthy regiment to find a better quality of life.

I mean, I don't see hardly anyone dropping from the medical program in Washington. Legalization is there. *shrug* Thousands of people still need physicians care and knowledge around using cannabis as a medicine. People still need recommendations. I think your view is very narrow, self serving, self righteous, naïve and an example possibly of people who are just "using" the program.

I dunno man.

And, doctors cure nothing. They can manage your healing and encourage recovery, but cure? Not much so. The only "cures" for the most part exist within your own body. Physicians and medicine merely assist.

And no, I would never tell people at their most vulnerable time in life that I have a cure for their cancer. I would be lying. As you are lying. I don't exactly follow the line of false hope and empty promises. Why not just pray the cancer away or use gypsum seed treatments? People claim they cure cancer too!

Fact is, there is not enough facts to support anyone saying the word "cure" when it pertains to cannabis and cancer. It is nonsense to claim such and harmful at that.

I mean, why are people dying left and right to cancer who are using cannabis to cure it? Thousands dying, but they used the cure? I suppose you could blame the patient for dying or having reoccurring cancer as some have done right here on these forums. Actually said it was the patients fault the cancer came back. Yea. Disgusts me. I don't know how you "cure" people live with yourselves.

You can use cannabis as a co treatment in trying to manage cancer,... but "cure"? Nonsense.

So on one hand you praise the new conditions hopefully getting approved possibly opening the program to 700000 more Michiganders butt accuse me of using the system because I am not as sick as you, I go to the VA, they are not recommending mm so I need a pot doc. You are lucky enough to have a real doctor to discuss mm treatments with, I do not as of yet.

Whatever man, maybe if I get the energy I will respond to the rest, I will tell you I would not be as courteous had you called me a lyer and user to my face.

I have never told anyone mm cures anything, only that I believe it does. Obviously the jury is still out on what it can and cannot do from lack of research.

You want to see my records, how about my purple heart. Pos

Don't count on it. I have no use for you. You are a total waste of everyone that reads these forums time. My original recommendation for your final solution stands.

And Mike, you do make valid points. I am sure many would not bother getting recommendations under full legalization. I think it will all fall back to grow rights..

Thought that first paragraph was a reply to me for a minute...

Yes grow rights, for sure. If the new "legalization" law had the same rules without needing a rec or joining the registry who would renew or join?

Can we do a poll on that?

So on one hand you praise the new conditions hopefully getting approved possibly opening the program to 700000 more Michiganders butt accuse me of using the system because I am not as sick as you, I go to the VA, they are not recommending mm so I need a pot doc. You are lucky enough to have a real doctor to discuss mm treatments with, I do not as of yet.

Whatever man, maybe if I get the energy I will respond to the rest, I will tell you I would not be as courteous had you called me a lyer and user to my face.

I have never told anyone mm cures anything, only that I believe it does. Obviously the jury is still out on what it can and cannot do from lack of research.

You want to see my records, how about my purple heart. Pos

Please stop calling physicians who have come forward to help patients when those same patients own PC Physicians,

for numerous reasons already discussed, and discussed and discussed....

pot doc!!! ... you feed right into the main stream media BS with that horse pucky, imo.

Please stop calling physicians who have come forward to help patients when those same patients own PC Physicians,

for numerous reasons already discussed, and discussed and discussed....

pot doc!!! ... you feed right into the main stream media BS with that horse pucky, imo.

My bad, I will use cert docs if that is ok. Edited by michaelscott

ok i tried to give you the "be a big man" option.... :bbq:

ok i tried to give you the "be a big man" option.... :bbq:

Before you 'give' that option to someone, try using it yourself.  You are already on pretty thin ground with many in here, so my question remains, WHAT HAVE YOU CONTRIBUTED other than to bash those that are working hard for this community?

Before you 'give' that option to someone, try using it yourself.  You are already on pretty thin ground with many in here, so my question remains, WHAT HAVE YOU CONTRIBUTED other than to bash those that are working hard for this community?

who did i bash, that's worked hard for this community?

I do a hell of a lot more for my pts than sign a paper.... yaya you might go to court, i might go to prison.

Edited by GanjaWarrior