Why Join A Compassion Club?

Juicy

Hello Everyone,

I love reading the Clare club posts.

I wondered what the advantage is to joining a club? I'm not attempting to be a smarty pants here I really want to know what are the advantages?  Do you learn anything that can't be found on-line? or Is it for the fellowship kinda thing like church? Just something that has crossed my mind a time or two over the past few years. :)

The fee coffee...just kidding.:)  I think compassion clubs really put a personal feel to education, patient needs, grow tips, etc. Not to mention the friendships made here. I guess its much the same way as going to a baseball game...yes you can watch it on TV, but you don't get the personal feel to whats really going on all around the ballpark.

You also have the immediate response of multiple opinions and experiences that you don't get by reading an online post or watching a youtube video. 

Come on out to the GCACC meeting this Saturday and check it out, or try the CCCC next sat (heck, go to them both!)..info is on the post just below this thread or in the calendar section.

Best regards!

• 2 weeks later...

According to the latest Michigan Supreme Court ruling farmer's markets are not legal.  Patient to patient transfers of any kind are not legal, and caregivers are only allowed to sell to their registered patients, according to the ruling.  Some markets are still open, as are many dispensaries.

• 1 month later...

It would be great if you could get something going in Saginaw, Dr. Bob! I live in Midland and there is little to no green community!

I would love to, and would sponsor the group at my office.  We have seating, office support, and even a projection tv for movie night.  Just want someone willing to run it.  PM me if anyone is interested.

In the mean time I would recommend the Greater Clare Compassion Club for information and caregiver/patient networking.  Good bunch of folks to run it, they meet at the grow store every other Saturday.  They have guest speakers/events every meeting.

Dr. Bob

It would be great if you could get something going in Saginaw, Dr. Bob! I live in Midland and there is little to no green community!

why saginaw? lots of green people here in midland... i know lots of em....most wont go to Saginaw. if they have the means to drive there, they go to clare. we need one here in town..... lots of folks here lots of support. no need to go to sag.

and if you like ill gladly meet up with you and we can go to the cccc meeting one week. drop me a pm

Edited by GanjaWarrior

• 2 months later...

We are looking to sponsor an original model compassion club in Muskegon, but to my knowledge there is not one there currently.  The nearest compassion club would but Northstar Community Club in Howard City.  They meet at Ed's Family Rest twice a month on Mondays.  If you are interested I'll see if I can get a contact number for Howard City.

Dr. Bob

When it was illegal, if you were such a person, you'd hide behind a handle on the net, and probably if you ever met, you'd still be known by that handle for a while and eventually your first name.

It's nice to go to a meeting and just be Bob.

However, I'd recommend not sharing your legit handles across the net if you meet and person, and just be Bob.

I think the great part about clubs is the freedom to be yourself.  Clubs are also nice because it knocks down the pretension.

Let's face it, you're dealing with people who often have multi-thousand dollar collections invested in genetics, AND it is, or rather was illegal, so you get ego and snobs.  The medical factor of introducing a bunch of newbies for a legitimate cause and purpose that should be selfless, it kind of knocked down the playing field and encouraged some much needed niceness.

Also, less shady people, because it's no longer illegal provided guidelines are followed.

My thoughts.  Please join and contribute.