Erratic Ph In Dwc And Misc. Question.

rustyjams

When I grew in dirt on a smaller scale, I'd add red vinegar to my city water (comes from Detroit).  I think it was about a tablespoon per gallon.  I rarely checked pH after that.  Also, rainwater is right about 5.7, so that's another way to get around buying a pH meter.  But don't assume melted snow will have the proper pH; it is usually in the 8s.

Thanks, good tip.

please tell me where i can get enough mm for the yr for 400 bucks, I will quit to, im tired of being a baby sitter lol!

Peace

Jim

LMAO, no kidding. I was being a severely over dramatic with the $400 a year bit.  I normally only smoke right before a nap or bedtime and even then, I know I spend well over $500 in a 3 mo. period.

:)

In nature, gravity causes the fruit (seeds) to drop to the ground in the fall of the year.  Next spring when temps and moisture are just right, they emerge for the next cycle.  What I am telling you is that you can plant your seeds now and according to Jorge Cervantes, a seeds sex can be influence by light, temp and water.  You will find this information on page 20 of his book Marijuana Horticulture.  I have had seeds sprout from an overwinter many times.  In order for you to influence your seeds to become female, they require 14 hours bright blue light, cooler temps and a wet soil with high nitrogen content.  Back in 2010 I had 26 of the volunteers, all but 4 of them were female.  Last year I had 6 volunteers and all were female.  You will need to keep your seedlings in the above conditions until the 3rd set of true leaves form. 

Good luck to you and your medicine making.

Good to know and I'll take this to head but I have no problem getting genetics of a multitude of strains at little to no cost. So if I kill a few in the process it is no big deal at all. I get all fems whether it's seed's or clones so that at least eliminates me having to "weed" them out. One less thing I have to worry about ya know?

:thumbsu: