Brown Spots On The Leafs 3 To 4 Weeks Old

Call_me_ganja

i just like to add my own ferts at the pace plants need ... with a ec of 1.3 to 2.0 it sure can play heck on seedlings and new clones depending on if its a bag with lower or higher readings. i used to flush it down and add my own... on the coco i like gh or botainacare coco the ground up kind not the chunks with no perlite just straight up... also it uses less water to get run off .. and a breeze to change ph.... but now im straight dwc again

Hey Jim which pro mix has nutes? I'm only familiar w the orange label Microbial Mix and the fungicide kind.

Abe im kinda on stand by on my growing and dont realy want to run all the way to the hydro store, the promix i have left is in a sealed barrel, I believe it had orange writing im not realy sure, I may have made a boo boo when i said it has nutes in it, I switched over from dwc to promix because my c.g gave me a beautiful mother plant, it was in a 10 gall bucket an had pro mix in it, I had a few issues after i moved it here and put it in budd, about 4 wks into budd it started getting leaf discoloring, I got a read on my water/nutes coming out of the plant and it was at like 3500ppm and way under 5 ph. I actualy took that lady out side and put 22 gallons thru her, i got it down to 1200 ppms and right around 6.2 ph, all I poured in it was ph'd water at 7 ph, and it drained so nice and that did do the trick that time, so I realy liked how it drained for me, plus I only grow a few at a time, so I just dip my watering bucket into my 33 gallon res and hand water everything, like once a wk or more if needed, Im trying to keep it simple,  but when I switched over to the promix I simply read the directions, (yea a man who actualy reads directions before i use it and not after lol) it said dont add no nutes to it for upto 2 wks, dont pack it around the plant let the water do it, etc! so usualy a few weeks after I plant in promix, I usualy have to add a lil more after it packs down a bit!

Promix doesnt have any sand or dirt in it, it is all natural tree bark and other mulched natural products!

Peace

Jim

Yup that is what promix does. 8-10 weeks into it the PH gets really low and you must start raising your PH to offset this. This can cause certain nutrients to not be taken in properly and the yellowing begins. Sensitive strains can nanner out from this. Ive used it a couple times and am not of fan of promix. It can be offset and fixed but as seen in the pic earlier, tip burn usually results.

Yup that is what promix does. 8-10 weeks into it the PH gets really low and you must start raising your PH to offset this. This can cause certain nutrients to not be taken in properly and the yellowing begins. Sensitive strains can nanner out from this. Ive used it a couple times and am not of fan of promix. It can be offset and fixed but as seen in the pic earlier, tip burn usually results.

when i mix up my nutes I do 30 gallons at a time, I dont use it for at least 5 days, my water or my gh nutes make my ph jump all over the place for about 5 days, so I put a big bubble stone or 2 in it, and hook up an air pump to keep it moving, I check it every day,(i adjust as needed) on day 5 it is usualy where i want the ph to be, I suggest any one using dirt with gh specialy if your using the 3 part nutes, to mix a nice size res way before you start using it, I only check my ppms going in,,now and than I put a lil extra in a plant or 2 so I can get enough out to get a read on the ppm and ph, but it realy dont do any good to check that, the most important is having it being used a the right steady ph!

I no longer use the recipee on the nute bottles, I cut it down to about 1/3 and have had much better plants since doing that!

Peace

Jim

Did u look at the pics,,,, I have no problems,,,,,, tests 22% thc ....  just the green GH   ph test kit,,, add nutes,,, adjust to 6 to 6,5  

Oh yea, Nice, 22% woo hoo, thats the only ph kit I use also, dont even need to look at the lil chart any more lol, I like to stay right aroun 6.5 also, some of the grow books ive read say to do your ph at 7, I think rain water up here and your way comes down around ph. mother nature dont seem to have a prob growing a whole mess of plants,trees,etc lmao!

Peace

Jim

Phaq

I prefer mixing small batches of nutes as needed. It all does the same thing though. I roll half strength at the most, except one of my strains that will eat and handle whatever I throw at it.

something to do with my water I believe, but my ph jumps up and Mostly up and I have to lower it to adjust, I like using a bigger res so there are less chances of me messing up my mixture, 30 gallons last me quite a while, I have two of them, one im using and still checking everyday and one with only water, the one with only water that ph even jumps around, for 2 waterings I do it with nutes, the 3rd straight ph'd water no nutes. and I put a lil extra in it, I do like to get a ph and ppm read off of whats coming out when i flush like that.

Im just trying to do it as easy as I possibly can do it, I dont want to be a slave to my room, Im just doing a redo on the room and getting out of the tents and im back in like flynn, a whole lot easier to keep temp and humidity down vs the tents I have, gonna give my self more room and some goodies ya realy cant do with tents, and I guess i should get me an r.o set up also lol!   No matter how cheap ya want to do things you still wind up always spending, some times because I have to, but most times jsut because I want to lol!

Peace

Jim

have u ever flushed promix into a cup and read ppm?? i have..... give a try.... also use what works for ya.. i grew forever with pro mix... would again if i had to but dont have to lol.... pro mix ant bad .. just easier ways imho.....

I just did this. Promix HP 2.5 litter pot. I used water pH 6.6 ppm 170. The first fl oz of run off was pH 5.5 ppm over 2000. After 20oz of run off it was pH 5.3 ppm 1790. After 1.5 gals of run off 5.6 ppm 260. Thats not the numbers i would of expected to see. My pen was just calibrated.

I just did this. Promix HP 2.5 litter pot. I used water pH 6.6 ppm 170. The first fl oz of run off was pH 5.5 ppm over 2000. After 20oz of run off it was pH 5.3 ppm 1790. After 1.5 gals of run off 5.6 ppm 260. Thats not the numbers i would of expected to see. My pen was just calibrated.

right on high numbers hey?? and it changes from diff bags ...seen this hurt new growers many times one time no problems next time a world of them.. as u think the mix is the same.... relay u need to add more d lime to ur container to get ph up were needed and keep it there... that is the main reason i switch many growers i help over to coco.... as u know what u have from the start and can adjust to that plants need.... hey if u ever want some help on changing over just pm me... im not here much as its very argumentative here.. but i do log on and read whats going on a few times a week... but i am on a few other sites and not hard to find..... later man.... KaK

trying to keep it simple for a new grower,,    

that's what im trying to do :) ... dude i have helped so many fix there garden or learn to grow its not funny.... coco or promix flushed down and then  giving them a mix that u know whats in it is way easier  then trying to chase them numbers at seedling and clone ... trust me i know ive been growing wayyyyyyyyyyyy long time not just mmj .. also  this post started with a mix that has ferts in it already with problem... and coco will be the way to go if things go how environmentalists want it... heres just one read... also if u care about the earth i guess it makes sense.. http://everydaygardener.com/peat-free-potting-soil-options/ ... not giving u a hard time just some info man....as its way better to know many ways to grow then depending on one... and coco is just easier ... my self for over last decade has been mostly DWC and coco here and there but mostly for seedlings.. and dwc is easier yet when u have the basics... just less hauling medium {which i have a hard time with after car wreck and 20+ surgery's } and way less waste.. but that's another thread...  read at ya soon.... KaK

OG that was for Kak... and thanks

yes u did good ... not saying u cant grow good meds in it at all as u can i just like less work ... i can post years worth of photos that will rock ya.with all ways of growing but there out there to see just have to goggle me up....... relay i don't even use my pens in hydro either unless i see problems as i just have run them so long u can tell by the plant when they need something.. trick is seeing it before it hurts them... rock on man..and hey i love a nice discussion being level headed thanks.... and beleave it or not this is what helps peps  learn to do it better...